Their Thoughts

Second Chances

 

They were in the same room. He saw her. She saw him. But eye contact has not been made. But the mere image of the other brought back memories buried deep in his heart and in her mind.

 

KEY POV

And there she was. Just a few feet away from me. But I can’t seem to find the courage to approach her, Because I was too scared that feelings from way back middle school would get in the way and once again ruin my chances of maintaining friendship with her.

She was a really close friend. I tried to stop myself but in the end I failed and fell in love with her. Why? There are a lot of reasons. She was different from other girls. She wasn’t too girly yet she has the charm. She isn’t the prettiest but she has charisma. She wasn’t just like everybody. She is her own self. She doesn’t try too hard to fit in yet everyone accepts her. She has qualities that are imperfect yet it fits perfectly.

I tried to keep it to myself but it seems to eat me up inside. Somehow I needed to get it out of my system. I knew I was risking a lot. But I hope its worth the shot.

On that faithful day, I was given a chance to talk to her in private after taking an exam we both missed.

“Nicole, you know I love you” And there it goes.

“Of course you love me Key. We are classmates, friends. We should love each other.”

Now she complicates things.

“No, its different Nicole-ah.”

“Oh, cause were almost like siblings right oppa?”

Well I guess I should stop here. At least I tried. Looks like she doesn’t feel the same way.

“You got me there. You’re right dongseng-ah”

I thought everything would just go back to normal but it did not. My feeling haven’t changed and it hurts every time I’m close to her. So I dated another girl in hopes of getting her out of my mind. Through time it succeeded. She was out of my mind but today proves that she never left my heart. She had always been there through the years.

 

NICOLE POV

He’s still as perfect as ever. Looks, style and personality in one. The guy that never left my mind. The guy that perfectly left a mark that stayed through the years.

We were friends. He was always playful yet he made me feel special in his own little ways. But I didn’t want to mistake his actions for affection because then it would be awkward. I wanted to stay comfortable with him. Just having him beside me as a friend should be enough.

But in a day, minutes even, it all changed.

“Nicole, you know I love you”

I was flustered but I had to keep my cool in case its one of his countless jokes.

“Of course you love me Key. We are classmates, friends. We should love each other.”

That should be it right?

“No, its different Nicole-ah.”

I was melting and panicking inside at the same time but I did not want to lose him so I tried one more time.

“Oh, cause were almost like siblings right oppa?”

He stopped. I guess that was it. And I almost believed it.

“You got me there. You’re right dongseng-ah”

That day ended and so did our comfortable friendship. After that I’ve thought through it a lot. What were those words for? What did he really mean? But a couple of weeks later I found out he was dating a girl. Well I guess it was really nothing to worry about.

Weird thing is he never truly reached my heart but he stayed in my mind together with his perplexing words.

 

THIRD PERSON POV

And finally their eyes met and both knew they would have to face what was left behind in the past.