We Come In Peace

My Six Guardians

 

I hid back behind the table, hoping that the aliens didn’t see me. But were they really aliens? They looked like handsome KPOP stars. My heart stopped beating for a moment, one of them were walking towards my hiding spot. Luckily he stopped halfway. I didn’t know what to do, do I come out or stay like this until they left. Just then, I sneezed, it wasn’t a small one, but a big one. The dust from underneath the table itched my nose.

“Huh?” The alien began walking towards me again.

“What are you doing Luhan?”

“I heard a noise from here?” Said Luhan.

Please don’t come here, please don’t. I hugged myself tighter, hoping that I would shrink so he wouldn’t see me.

“Anyone there?” asked Luhan.

He was just a few centimetres from the table. I closed my eyes and opened them again. Popping his head under the table was one of the cutest guys I ever saw. He had big round eyes which sparkled and milky white skin.

“Hey guys, there’s someone here.” Said Luhan.

I came out of my hiding spot and lifted my head just above the table. I smiled sheepishly at the six aliens. There was an alien with dark circles and looked like a panda, an alien who looked very nice, an alien who had a cute round face and an alien who was standing next to a tall giant one. They were all wearing clothes which KPOP stars wore in their MVs.

“Uh…we..uh…come in peace.” said Luhan.

I laughed a bit from his random statement.

“Are you the person who lives here?” asked the nice looking alien.

 “Yes.” I replied.

“As you can see, we’re aliens. We were under attack in our home planet. We came to earth looking for safety.” He said.

“And?” I asked.

“Can we stay here for a while until our planet is safe again?” He said.

“Uh…no. please take you ship out of our garden and find someone else to live thank you.” I said. I’m sorry but taking care of my little brother by myself was already hard. I can’t manage taking care of six grown men…..uh I mean aliens.  

“Please~” said the one with the round face.

All of them had the puppy eyes except for the tallest one. My heart softened for a moment but I knew I couldn’t take care of them. I grabbed my homework and ran inside the house. Maybe this was a prank or something. There’s no such thing as an alien, or so I thought. I looked out the window to see if they left. They were sitting on the porch and didn’t leave.

“They’re good at acting.” I convinced myself. But what if they were really aliens? What if they’re home planet was under attack. After a while, I convinced myself to go to sleep. But I couldn’t sleep properly. I twisted and turned in the middle of the night.

I finally got up and went to see if they were still there. Surprisingly, they were still sitting on the porch, hugging themselves from the cold. I walked over to the back door and opened it.

“Come in, you’re gonna catch a cold like that.” I said.

The ‘aliens’ got up and quickly went inside the house. They were all shivering from staying in the cold for hours. I told them to sit in the living room and went to make warm tea for them.  I gave them the tea before asking them questions.

“Are you guys really aliens?”

“Yes.”

“Is your planet really under attack?”

“Yes.”

“Do you really need a place to live?”

“Yes, desperately.”

I thought about it for a moment, I couldn’t possibly take care of these guys. I hardly had enough money to put food on the table.  

“I don’t think I have enough money to take care of you guys.”

“Is money the problem? If so, it’s okay. We have money.”

“You guys are aliens, how do you have money?”

“We have a machine which makes money, you just put in a sample and it’ll make more.”

“There’s a thing like that?”

“Of course, our planet is more advance than earth.”

“What about your ship?” I asked. It was stuck in the middle of my backyard. Even the neighbours would be suspicious if they saw that.

 “We can make it invisible of course.”

“You serious?”

“Yep.”

The aliens were all tired and cold. I decided to let them sleep in the spare rooms. I assigned 3 in the guest room and the rest in my parent’s room. I went back to bed and wondered what I just did. I, a poor 15 year old girl, has just taken in six aliens into my house. I just realised how crazy it was when I said it. What in the world did I get myself into?