Crash Landed

My Six Guardians

 

Money, one of most important things in the modern day world. If you had it, then you’re happy, if you didn’t then life was gonna be pretty harsh for you. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of money. I worked day and night to make a living. Not just for myself but also for my little brother whose only four years old.

Four years ago, my parents died in an accident when coming home from the hospital with my newborn brother. Yoogeun survived but both of my parents didn’t. That’s when our lives became difficult.

We were passed from relative to relative but no one accepted us fully. By the time I was 14, I decided go back to our old home in Seoul and worked for a living. It was hard, but we made it with the money my parents left behind.

“Welcome, please take a seat.” I said with a smile.

“One mocha and two cappuccinos please.”

 “One mocha and two cappuccinos coming right up.” I said cheerfully.

“You’re working too hard, you shouldn’t take other people’s shifts.” Said my friend.

“It’s ok, if it’s for money, I’ll do it.”

“You seriously don’t seem like a person who likes money. And please don’t spend all your time working because it’s the summer holidays” She said.

Honestly, I don’t like money, I just need it. I worked for a few more hours and went to change. I took off my work clothes and put on my school uniform. I grabbed my bag form the locker and said goodbye to everyone before going.  I headed towards the child care centre to pick up Yoogeun.

“Hi, I’m here for Yoogeun.” I told the lady at the office.

“Oh yes, Yoogeun is in the waiting room.” She said.

“Thanks for taking care of him all the time.” I said nicely.

“It’s ok, you have it too hard.” She said.

I smiled before going to the waiting room. Sitting on the chair quietly was Yoogeun.

“Yoogeun-ah.” I said.

“Noona!” he said happily.

I hugged him and carried him to the office. We both said goodbye to the lady and went home. I saw how tired Yoogeun was so I carried him.

“It’s ok Noona, you’re more tired than me. I can walk by myself.” He said.

“Your noona isn’t tired, and we hardly have anytime time together.” Because Yoogeun goes to child care from morning to night, we don’t see each other much.

I unlocked the door to our house and we went in. I carried Yoogeun all the way to bed and didn’t care about the pain in my arms from working. I carefully placed him on the bed. As soon as I put the covers over him, he fell asleep. I went to my room and changed into comfortable clothes, I still had homework to do.

I sat at the table on the porch and did my assignment. It was 1am and the whole city was quiet and dark. I took a break and stargazed for a bit. The stars were visible at this time of night, just then I spotted a bright light in the middle of the sky. I rubbed my eyes over and over again because it was getting bigger and brighter. Before I knew, a space ship crashed into the garden.

I ducked underneath the table and shielded myself from the flying dirt that flew everywhere.  From underneath the table, I could see the door of the space ship opening. I looked cautiously as six figures came out of the ship. OMFG WAS ALIENS REAL!?

“Where are we?”

“That was the most bumpy ride I ever had!”

“I’m hungry~”

“Oh, shut up, you already ate before.”

“Wonder what lives here.”

“This must be Earth.”

Standing before my eyes, were six, amazingly hot, aliens.