A Day Out Together

Bad Dog, Good Dog
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taemin snuggled comfortably in his new owner's arms as the two headed towards the nearest pet store. At the moment, he had forgotten about his hyungs and was just thankful that YooMi had returned to save him. 

 

"We're here!" YooMi cooed as she gently placed the tiny dog in a shopping cart. Minnie yipped happily as she pushed the cart down the first aisle where rows of dog beds were lined up against the shelves.

 

"Let's see...what color do you like best, Minnie?" YooMi held out a brown bed and a black bed for Minnie to choose.

 

Taemin snarled at her, indicating that he hated both. Neither color suited him. Taemin looked past YooMi's delicate shoulder to peek at the other beds. One specific bed caught his eye. He yipped and nodded his head at it to get YooMi's attention.

 

"This one?" YooMi picked up a square shaped, pearlescent sky bue bed and showed it to the dog. Minnie barked happily and wagged his tail, earning a smile from YooMi as she placed the bed in the cart.

 

SHINee's color...Taemin thought sadly. He tried shaking off the sad thought and decided to just focus on shopping to distract himself.

 

The two circled around the store for about half an hour, picking up various items such as dog food, toys, and grooming products. Finally, they finished shopping and approached the register to pay.

 

"Did you find everything you need, miss?" the young male cashier smiled at YooMi.

 

"Yes, we did," she smiled back.

 

"Cute pup you got there," he nodded towards Minnie who was sitting quietly in the shopping cart.

 

"Thanks! His name's Minnie." YooMi scooped the puppy up in her arms and hugged him against her chest, causing Taemin a bit of discomfort from the sudden skinship.

 

"Not as cute as you though," he smirked.

 

"H-huh?" YooMi tilted her head to the side in confusion.

 

Taemin rolled his eyes. How can she not see this jerk is flirting with her?

 

YooMi put Minnie down and gave him the money to pay, however the cashier simply smirked and took only half. "Pretty customers get discounts."

 

"O-oh, thanks..." YooMi stammered as he handed her a reciept with a phone number written on it.

 

Taemin didn't know why, but suddenly he unconciously began growling at the boy for speaking to his owner in such a manner. The cashier shot a death glare at him while YooMi wasn't looking.

 

"Call me." he winked.

 

Jackass... Taemin thought thought to himself.

 

"Ok? Bye and thanks again!" YooMi bowed and left the store carrying the bag of dog supplies in one hand and a bitter puppy in the other. She took another look at the phone number and grinned as they walked into the apartment building.

 

"What do you think Minnie? Should I call him?"

 

Taemin growled at her, baring his teeth and then let out a squeaky bark.

Please log in to read the full chapter