Mine

Bad Dog, Good Dog
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taemin's beady eyes fluttered open to the bright morning sun peeking through YooMi's bedroom curtains. Letting out a tiny squeak, he stretched his jaw with a yawn and spread his legs in content. He hadn't been able to sleep in this late since SHINee was on hiatus last year. A loud snore suddenly broke his tranquil thoughts, causing him to look up at his guardian who was still sound asleep.

 

Careful not to stir too much, he discretely slid himself out of his bed and trotted to the bathroom. Using his muzzle, Taemin slid the door until it was almost fully closed. He wouldn't want YooMi to walk in on him while he's doing is business. Taemin froze as he approached the toilet.

 

I'm an idiot...

 

The height of the toilet was double that of Taemin's, which was definitely going to be an issue if he was planning on using it.

 

Crap...I have to go so bad!

 

Desperate, Taemin hopped onto YooMi's bed and nudged her side with his nose. She snorted in protest and scooted further to the other side of the bed. Taemin whimpered in distress and resorted to yapping in her ear to wake her up. Surprised, YooMi threw the covers off of her body, sending Taemin flying off the bed and landing on the floor with a yelp.

 

Ow...

 

YooMi sat up and scanned the room until her eyes met a squirming puppy struggling to get out from under her covers.

 

"Miahnae Minnie!" YooMi lifted the covers and let the frightened dog come out. "Thanks for the wake up call!"

 

Taemin scrambled out of the opening of the blanket and immediately rushed to the front door, clawing at it in desperation.

 

"Do you need to go out?" YooMi scooped up the dog in her arms and unlocked the door. "Okay, really quick since I'm only in my pj's..." she told him even though she knew he couldn't respond.

 

Every minute spent waiting for the elevator was hell to Taemin    nevermind stopping at every floor when YooMi's apartment was on the 8th level. Finally they made their way outside, where a perfectly good tree was waiting for him.

 

Taemin eagerly ran up to it, but stopped when a sudden thought occurred to him. The dog looked up to see YooMi towering over his small figure, watching him as he's about to do his business.

 

How am I supposed to pee with a girl staring at me?!

 

"What are you looking at me for? Go already!" YooMi urged him. Minnie suddenly started spinning around in circles, his eyes never leaving YooMi's.

 

This dog can't be serious...

 

"Y-you want me to turn around?" she asked the puppy, earning a weird look from a man passing by.

 

Minnie yipped happily as YooMi sighed and turned her back to him.

 

Unbelievable...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" YooMi greeted the old woman at the front desk of the animal shelter. Minnie had fallen asleep in her arms during the walk there, since YooMi refused to let the tiny thing walk on his own on the crowded streets of Seoul.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! What can I do for you?"

 

"Umm, I found this puppy in an alley last night all by himself and I'm not sure if he has an owner or not so could you please check if he has a chip or something?" YooMi held Minnie out to the woman. "He seems really well trained so I think he belongs to someone."

 

The woman smiled and gladly took the dog from YooMi. "Absolutely miss. I'll take it from here. Thanks so much for turning him in!"

 

"N-neh...no problem," YooMi smiled sadly at the sleeping puppy before waving goodbye to him. Though she had only spent one night with him, she had quickly 

Please log in to read the full chapter