I Need You to go to the Hospital

The Best Way to Love is to Forget

Jiho had let a few days passed since he spent the night at MyungHee’s. He had finally let out a hint of how he felt. He hated seeing how Chul-Soo treated her. That’s why he always tried to persuade her to leave him. He never wanted to outright say it. She had her own life and he wasn’t going to tell her how to live it. He was waiting for her to get fed up with him before he did anything about his own feelings. He also didn’t think it would sit right with his job by confessing his feelings to his boss’ lover. No, Jiho just always spent time with her regardless.

Jiho was laying in bed thinking to himself. Thinking how things were ed up. If he hadn’t let himself been tricked into this by Jeon Chul-Soo, things would be different. He was typically the type of guy to not take people’s . The only reason he continued to do so was because he cared about MyungHee. He wanted to stick around for her, because if he didn’t... He didn’t even know what kind of position he would be in. He didn’t know what kind of position she would be in. He didn’t even want to imagine. He always tries to be there for her, even though every time he shows up for something that Chul-Soo was suppose to be there for, he can see the disappointment in her. He wanted to shake her of her feelings for him. He wanted to get it through to her that she was waiting for nothing. He didn’t understand the hold that Jeon Chul-Soo had over her. He knew it wasn’t the money. He had asked before. Her father is the owner of some company, he couldn’t remember - he didn’t even think she had ever told him - so she wasn’t exactly looking for a cash flow. If people knew, they’d probably assume that’s why she was sticking around. Chul-Soo had some sort of spell over her. Jiho just wanted to know what it was. He heard his phone begin to ring. He rolled over and grabbed it off the side table.

“What do you want?” He answered playfully.

“I want to hang out. I can’t sleep.” She was excited about her trip coming up. The one that she was going  on with Chul-Soo. It happened every once in awhile that he would set up a weekend for them to go out. It often coincided with when his wife was really getting on his nerves. Jiho always saw the correlation, he figured MyungHee did too but chose to ignore it. She chose to ignore a lot of things.

“Why?” Jiho smiled. He liked it when she would call up and instigate their time together. He never feared she knew how he felt about her - so he had no problem calling her up and initiating their time. He just liked it when she did it. He never read anything behind her actions though. He knew she was too far up Chul-Soo’s to even think about anyone in that manner.

“Because.... I can’t sleep. I just said that. You don’t work tomorrow - so it’s not like you’re NOT going to be up all night anyway.” Jiho heard a knock on his door.”Plus, I’m already here.” She hung up before he could say anything else.

Jiho got up and answered his door. She smiled and waved at him.

“What are you doing here?”

“I said I wanted to hang out. Why else would I be here?” She walked in and took her shoes off.

“You could have given me a little more than two seconds heads up. I could have at least made my place look like I cared if you didn’t see it looking messy.” He closed the door and walked into the living room. “Chul-Soo didn’t want to set aside time for?” Jiho asked with annoyance in his tone.

“You were my first choice, Jiho.” She smiled at him.

“Oh my god, you thought of me before your love, Chul-Soo?” MyungHee pinched him.

“Don’t act like such a about it.”

“Why can’t I?” Jiho slid over the back of the sofa to half lay/half sit on it.

“Because... you know I have feelings for him. I know you don’t like him. Why do you still work for him?” MyungHee walked around and sat on the sofa the correct way.

“Because it was the best job I could get at the time. I moved my way up, it may not be the best job but I’m higher than half those people. Plus, I always get a 40 hour week but never have to work it all thanks to you. Plus... there’s just something that kind of makes me stick around him.” Jiho sat up properly. “ Why do you keep dating him?”

MyungHee looked down. Jiho always asked her that. She never gave a straight answer.

“Do you remember when I spent the night after the party?”

MyungHee shook her head to tell him no.

“Tell me why you date him.”

“Why should I? I came over to have fun - not have you try and tell me what to do.”

“I’m not telling you want to do, MyungHee. If I was going to tell you what to do I would tell you to break up with him. However, you’re a ing adult and you can make your own damned decisions. Do you know why I’m asking you?” Jiho was trying to keep himself calm. There was no reason to yell at her.

“Why? Why the are you asking, Jiho?”

“Because every time you get upset, he’s not there. Every time you get faced, you want to call his wife out - he doesn’t stop you. Every time something gets ed up he’s not there. What is worth holding onto? You put your heart and soul into him and you maybe rank 6th in his life.” Jiho covered his face and sighed. “I’m not trying to fight with you.”

“You’re not doing a very good job.”

“The reason I’m asking is because you ask yourself all the time. You always question yourself. Do you ever know why you stay with him?”

“Because I can’t get anyone else. Who would want me? I’m a horrible person, Jiho.” she crossed her arms and sulked into the sofa.

“You’re not a horrible person. You’ve made like one mistake and still have yet to correct it. You can still do it. Also, you can definitely get someone else. Why would you think that?”

“Why would anyone want me, Jiho? I’m not the most socially apt person. I’m awkward. I just... no one wants someone... who... is like me.” MyungHee shoved her face into the sofa arm.

“What do you mean someone like you?” Jiho reached over to put a hand on her knee.

MyungHee shook her head. “I don’t want to talk about it...” She placed her hand on his hand. “I just don’t think I could find anyone else. Why bother if I’m guaranteed him in a few years.” She didn’t sound very happy or confident in that.

“I wish you wouldn’t think like that. If you broke it off with him this instant, you could have someone. I know it.” he turned his hand over to hold hers. “the other night after the party, before you passed out you said something.”

“What?”

“You said you wished he was more like me because I’m the sweetest person you know. You fell asleep and didn’t hear my response.” He looked at their hands and tightened his a grip slightly.

“What was your response?”

“I am me. I am the closest thing you will get to me. If you leave him, you can have me.” MyungHee let go of Jiho’s hand.

“Is there a reason you’re doing this?” She scooted further from him and looked at him.

“Yeah. The reason is because you know what you’re doing is dumb. If you’re only reason for holding on is because you’re afraid you won’t find anyone else, I just gave you another option.” MyungHee stood up and slipped her shoes on.

“I don’t need another option.” She headed towards the door.

“Why not? I don’t understand why you’re so caught up on him. Just tell me, MyungHee.” Jiho got up and followed behind her. MyungHee stopped and turned around. She just looked at him. She looked him in the eyes. She said nothing. Her eyes started to glisten and tears began to roll down her cheeks. She shook her head. She pulled her hands up to her eyes to cover them up. Jiho wrapped his arms around her.

“I’m sorry.” She just stood there crying and not saying anything. He didn’t want to force her to say anything. That was the most he had ever gotten out of her from asking that question. It really bugged him that he didn’t know what kept her holding onto him so bad. After about ten minutes she lifted her head up to look at him

“I can’t, Jiho. Can we just leave it at that, please?” Jiho placed and hand on the back of her head and pushed her back in towards his chest and nodded. He kissed the top of her head and hug her softly.

“Yeah. We can.” He wanted to kiss her and tell her everything would be okay. He didn’t for two reasons. Even though he didn’t agree with her relationship, she was still in one and he wasn’t going to kiss someone who is in a relationship. The other reason being, he couldn’t guarantee everything would be okay. He couldn’t guarantee it if she kept seeing Jeon Chul-Soo.

“I’m going to go now.” MyungHee pulled herself from Jiho’s arms. She wiped her eyes.

“Are you going to get home safe?” She nodded. “If you need to wait till you’ve calmed down more, you can. I don’t want anything to happen to you. It’s late and just wait if you need to.” He placed his hand on her cheek and made her look at him.

“I’ll be fine.” She forced a smile and touched his hand. She then grabbed it and removed it. “I’ll call you when I get home so you know I’m a-okay.” She squeezed his hand lightly before letting it fall back to a resting place beside him.

“Okay.” He nodded as he opened the door for her. Jiho wait for her call. He knew how long it took for her to get home from his place. He even gave her the benefit of the doubt that she stopped somewhere on the way home to food or something. He sent her a text message as he was getting into bed. He figured she might have just not care to call since she was upset. He caused her to have an uprise of emotions. He waited about 5 minutes for a response via text. He didn’t get one so he called her. It went to voicemail. He was starting to get nervous until his phone rang. He felt a bit of relief for a moment until you looked and saw it was just Chul-Soo calling. ‘What the hell does he want at this time?’ He wondered to himself.

“Yes, sir?” I answered trying to sound like he had woken me up.

“I need you to go to the hospital now.” Chul-Soo said. The sentence sounded like something that would typically be something you’d throw some urgency on. Chul just sounded like his normal self.

“Is everything alright?” Jiho stood up to start getting changed so he could leave.

“No. It’s not. I’m with my family and I cannot leave. We were having a family night since I had planned to be out of town this wee-” Jiho noticed his word choice. Jiho’s mind went to the worst place.

“What do you mean planned? Past tense?” He sped up his changing.

“MyungHee was in an accident. That’s why I need you to go to the hospital. I need you to be there with her since I can’t. They called me because I’m listed as an emergency number in her phone. You need to go now.” Chul-Soo sounded like his family was a bother - not because MyungHee needed him - just because they were.

“Why didn’t you just ing start with that?” Jiho raised his voice. “I’m sorry, sir. I’ll get over there as soon as possible.” Jiho hung up his phone and shoved it in his pocket. He hurriedly search for his keys and ran out the door. He didn’t even care to check to make sure he locked up behind him. He just needed to get to MyungHee.