Chapter 5

Kim Myungsoo's Fake Girlfriend

"Kim Myungsoo, where have you been? You know you skipped dinner with the Im family?!" My mom scolded me while the everybody stared at me including the Im family. Well, it seems like I was too early to go back home.

I looked at everybody before answering my mother's question. I looked at the Im family. Mr. Im, and Mrs. Im. Then there's this woman. She obviously looked older than me so she's obviously not my 'bride-to-be-' then beside her was someone who looked younger than the first one. So maybe that was her. Pretty, but I can see it in her eyes that she just looked like one of  my fangirls in my uni.

"Well, I was hanging out with my girlfriend of course" I shrugged. I heard my dad silently choking on his tea. "Your girlfriend?" Everybody in the room asked me in shock except my dad. "Yup" I nodded. Everybody's jaws were still opened wide. "Excuse me everybody but, can you proceed to the garden with my husband while I talk with my son for awhile?" My mum asked.

Mr. Im nodded and everybody moved to the garden. After everybody left, my mum looked at me. "You have a girlfriend?!" She asked. "What's wrong with that?" I asked. "Well, you never told me about it!" She exclaimed. "I didn't tell you about this because you'll act like this!"

I said while pointing to the point where she's panicking. "Well, you should at LEAST tell me before I arranged the marriage Myungsoo" she said. "hmm" I said. "How long have you two been dating?" She asked. "Uh.. 1 month and a half" I said slowly. "Hmm.. Well, can you at least bring her home?" She said. "Uh.... Sure... When do you want her over?" I asked. "This Friday?" she said.

"Tomorrow? Okay" I said. My mum went to the garden and explained to them that they'll discuss about it later. Their daughter is Im Yoona. I met her once before. I never liked her because she's always complementing herself. And.. The fact that she's nothing like Jae-un. The Im family left and before I closed my eyes to sleep, I heard someone calling my name.

"Myungsoo!" A voice said. "Dad? What do you want?" I asked him. "So, you got a girlfriend? You're fast" He said. "Heheh.. Yeah.." I said. "Wait, don't tell me it's an imaginary one!" He said. "What? No way! She's human of course!" I said. "So, who's this girl?" He asked.

"Remember ... Remember that girl who gave me the nickname 'L'?" I tried giving him a clue. ".... Jae-un?" He said. "Yeah... Wait, why aren't you shocked?" I asked. "Ahahah.. I'm shocked but not shocked at the same time. See, the thing that I'm not shocked with is that, Me and her dad are the one who set this up. We both knew that you missed her too much. So yeah.." He said.

"What?! YOU SET THIS UP?! ...... Thank you thank you thank you!!" I said while hugging him. "Ok... ?" He said. "So, what's the thing that you're shocked with?" I asked. "Owh, the thing that I'm shocked with is that, I never knew this marriage thing would happen and you would ask her to be your fake girlfriend. AND I'm really shocked that she accepted your offer. I mean, she's really cold to you remember? What did you do?" He asked. "Oh... Uhh.. Urm.. I had my ways... Eheheh.." I said while rubbing my neck. "Well, gotta go to sleep now. Goodnight!" He said. "goodnight!" I replied. I closed my eyes and slept.

 


Edited: Sunday, 19th of May 2013