Chapter 8

Kim Myungsoo's Fake Girlfriend

"What kind of dress do you want me to wear?" I asked him. "Am I Jae-Un?" He sat down on the couch lazily. I rolled my eyes once and scoffed. "I mean what kind dress will impress your mom, or dad?" I asked him again and smacked his head. "Ack!" He groaned as he rubbed at the back of his head. "Just wear what the hell you want. I just wanna get out of here as soon as possible" He frowned and sighed. "Useless." I mumbled under my breath as I walked around, trying to find a perfect dress.

After browsing the whole boutique, nothing seemed to look suitable for me. I kept going back and forth from the fitting room to Myungsoo, wearing a different dress for almost 6 times now. And "Ugh. That doesn't look good on you at all." was all he could say. "You said that. 5 times." I groaned loudly. I stomped away to the employee with an annoyed face.

"Excuse me, what's your best outfit here? Do you have something, um, white with a touch of black?" I asked, sighing. She smiled widely at me. "Sure, follow me" I followed her and we eventually ended up in the boutique's store room. I frowned, looking around. "Why are we-" I stopped asking her as she showed me a sleeveless, soft, white fabric, middle-length dress with a black ribbon tied around the waist.

My eyes widened in surprise, totally mesmerized by how simple the dress was but it was truly eye-catching. "I didn't pick the best cloth here for you because I didn't think that It'll fit you, judging by the fact that you've tried so many simple dresses just now" She smiled. "So I thought, this could be the one for you" She handed me the dress. My eyebrows arched up in awe while I examined it. "Thank you." I smiled at her. 


I looked around to search for Myungsoo, only to find him half-asleep on the couch. "L! Look! I found one. What do you think?" I asked him, smacking his head to wake him up. He groaned loudly, obviously annoyed by me, fluttered is eyes opened and yawned loudly. Gosh, how I wished that we weren't in public. As soon as he saw me, he sighed and ruffled his hair. "What" He asked me in an annoyed tone, until his eyes trailed down to my body. His eyes widened as he looked at me from head to toe. I felt heat rise up to my cheeks, as this was taking too long.

He blinked, obviously speechless, until I smacked his head. "Yah. It's 6:30" I said, stuttering. He blinked again, and shook his head. "O-okay, let's go. I'm paying." He quickly stood up and pulled his wallet out of his back pocket.

 


 
 
"Be nice. They both know you, you know that?" I warned her. She rolled her eyes, annoyed. "For the umpteenth time, YES" She exclaimed. I rolled my eyes back at her as I rang the doorbell and was competely surprised by how quick my mother opened the door. As expected, she greeted Jae-Un with shining eyes and wore a smile that was possibly wider than Joker. "Ah, my son! And you must be his girlfriend" She turned to Jae-Un, smiling. "Y-yes" Jae-un answered with a sweet smile. "W-wait a minute" She held up her index finger, and my mom left the door half-opened.
 
"You heard that? You said yes!" I whispered. "Of course I did. I said it myself." she scoffed. I was going to talk back at her but my mom ruined it by clapping her hands, asking me and Jae-Un to come inside. "Let's start eating dinner" my mom sat down.
 

 
"So, what's your name, sweetie?" Myungsoo's mom asked me. I almost choked on my iced lemon tea. Does she not remember me? "Jae-un. Park Jae-un?" I answered, sounding more like a question. "Park..? Are you, by any chance Park ______'s daughter?" She asked me, frowning, but eyes full of hope. "Yes.. " I answered slowly. "Aaaahhh... I've met you before! You were the girl who gave Myungsoo the nickname 'L' right?" she said.
 
I gave an awkward laugh before nodding. "He told me he hated that nickname, but now everyone he knows call him L" she chuckled, taking a sip out of her tea. I turned to Myungsoo and gave him a suspicious look. He just gave me an awkward smile. Aw, that was actually cute. "It's been a long time since we've seen you Jae-un" Mr. Kim said. "Yea.." I said, nodding my head slowly. "I didn't even know you two were dating. Myungsoo never told me anything about it " Mrs. Kim said, lips forming a straight line. "Wow.. Really?" I raised both of my eyebrow,  trying to look clueless.
 
15 minutes have passed, and Msrs. Kim decided to ask him to do something."Oh, Myungsoo, show her around your room" Mrs. Kim told him. That's right. God, I was planning to storm out A S A P. "Deh eomma" he said while grabbing my hand. What was that? I think my heart skipped a beat. He never holds my hand. He only grabs me by the wrist. Why am I acting like this? Geez Jae-Un get back to your senses.
 

 
HELLOW MY FELLOW READERS! FREEDOM STARTS NOW! WEEE! I'll try my best to update often since my brother's using the lappy too and it takes about, 20 minutes to convince him to detach his from the computer seat. So, hehe :) 
 
Oh, and I would really give a MASSIVE HUG to HyukRen for upvoting my story! <3
 
Edited; 2nd of June 2013