The Day You Changed

Can't Hold It In Anymore

 

Sooyeon’s POV:

Flashback

I wonder where Kai is. I walked around the school, searching every corner, but yet, no Kai. I walked by the gym, but stopped in my tracks when I heard some noises from the inside. Maybe he’s in here. I opened the door slightly so I could peek in. I saw someone dancing alone in the middle. Yeah, he’s here.

I walked in closing the door behind me, but something seemed wrong. The closer I got to him I could see his face. Is he… crying? I walked over to the stereo that was blasting music and pressed the stop button. He instantly stopped moving and turned to face me. I was right. Tears were streaming out of his eyes, mixing with the drops of sweat on his handsome face. He sniffed once and wiped his face with his hands. “What are you doing here, Sooyeon-ah?” he asked, avoiding eye contact with me.

I walked up to him and looked up at him. I turned his face to look at me. Well, look down on me since he was so tall. I wiped his tears with my thumbs. “I should be asking you that. I came looking after you didn’t show up to walk me home. But enough about me, tell me what’s wrong.” I said looking up at him.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said turning away. He walked towards the bleachers and sat down with his head down. I sighed. Even when he’s like this, he’s still his stubborn self.

I sat down next to him. “I’m not stupid, Kim Jongin. I’ve known you long enough now to know when something’s wrong. Plus, I know for a fact you never cry, especially when you’re dancing. Now tell me,” I said in the most comforting tone I could offer him.

There was silence for a moment before he spoke. “Krystal… cheated on me,” he finally said in a shaky voice. I could see the tears resurfacing in his eyes. I patted his back. Honestly speaking, I’m not all that surprised.

Krystal is the school queenka (), but nonetheless, she was Kai’s girlfriend. She’s been around A LOT. I’ve caught her before, but I remained quiet because Kai was so in love with her. Even though I liked him too, I rather him be happy then lose our friendship by telling him his “oh so innocent” girlfriend was stepping out on him.

Anyways, Kai was close to bawling now. My heart ached at the sight of my beloved being hurt by some stupid . I hugged him and brought him close to me. He put his hands around my waist and cried onto my shoulder. My shirt was becoming damp with his tears, but I didn’t care right now. “I loved her so much,” he whispered between his sobs. I rubbed his back and shushed him.

“I know, Kai, I know.” We remained like this for who knows how long. Kai kept on crying and I comforted him as best I could. After he calmed himself down he separated himself from me.

“I’m done with girls, Sooyeon-ah. All they do is hurt you,” he said seriously.

“Kai, you know you don’t mean that,” I said putting my hand on his shoulder. He brushed it off quickly and stood up. He looked down on me with a pair of very scary eyes.

“No, I mean it, Yoon Sooyeon. I’m done being played with.”

From that day on, my best friend and the one that I loved turned into a disgusting, cocky playboy.

End of flashback