Why Am I In Love With You?

Can't Hold It In Anymore

 

Sooyeon’s POV:

“Oh man, I swear Sooyeon-ah, you should’ve seen this girl. She was a goddess. Ohmygod, she was the best one yet I think,” Kai said as we walked down the road to my house. I sighed. This is the 4th girl this week. I guess this is what I get for having a playboy as my best friend.

“You said that about that girl you ed two days ago, Kai. Not to mention the senior from last week and that Yejin girl from 2 weeks ago,” I said with a ton of disbelief in my voice. It hurt me every time he told me about a new girl. It being in love with this guy.

“I know, but this girl was different. She was way better than all the rest. I wouldn’t mind going back for a round 2.” He had that smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes.

“You’re disgusting, Kim Jongin. Why am I friends with you again?” But really, why am I in love with you?

He “dramatically” gasped and put his hand over his mouth like he was surprised. “Ahem, correction, Yoon Sooyeon. I’m your BEST FRIEND!” he said emphasizing the last 2 words. “And we’re BEST FRIENDS because I’m the greatest, most amazing, y guy you will ever know,” he boasted.

I scoffed. “Not to mention cocky,” I muttered under my breath. Thankfully, he didn’t hear me or else he would go on and on about stupid crap.

We arrived at my house and before we could even step inside the door his phone beeped. I sighed. Here we go again…

“Just go ahead, Kai. New girl, I know. I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said with my back to him before he could even explain the situation to me. This routine was all too familiar to me.

He patted me on the shoulder. “You know me so well, Sooyeon-ah. You’re the best.” Yeah, that really explains why you put me through this every day. I heard his footsteps grow farther and farther away. I turned and looked as his tall physique eventually disappear. I sighed and just went inside and proceeded to my room.

I collapsed on my bed and hugged my pillow. I put a hand over my chest and the pain was all too real. It wasn’t new though. I don’t know why I even put up with this all the time. Is this what love does to a person? Well, I can’t do anything about it anyways. This was what my life has been like ever since Kai changed.