Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Beyond Infinity Writing Contest [Ended]

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

 

 

1. How many entries are we allowed to put in?

Every contestant is allowed to put in only one entry.

 

2. Does the direct quote have to be in our entries?

Nope. The direct quote need not appear in your entries. However, there must be significant relevance to the story written. Your contest entry must be inspired from the quote too.

 

3. Can I post my entry as a chapter of my one-shot compilation?

No. You would have to create a new story for your contest entry. This is because I would be judging on your foreword. In addition, by posting as a chapter, there would be an omission of the requirements stated.

 

4. Can I buy a beta or send my entry to a review shop for review?

Yes, you may. However, isn’t it better for you to polish your own work?
 No worries though. Even if you get others to do so for you, there would be no penalty and I won’t be biased against your entry.

 

5. Is it okay for my story to be M- rated (For language and contain a little ual reference?

That is fine. However, at this note I have to remind you that no is allowed. Also, please do not overuse vulgarities in the story or include too many ual references because it really puts me off. Thank you.

 

6. Must all of the INFINITE members be in the story?

No. As stated in the foreword, INFINITE members have to be the main characters and there is a maximum limit of 3 members to be used  as main characters.

 

7. Does the POV have to be from the INFINITE member’s or main girl’s?

There is no restriction to a specific point of view that I would like the contestants to use. It can be from the INFINITE member’s perspective, the main girl’s POV or even using an ‘I’ or ‘you’ POV.

 

8. The prompts are felt by the INFINITE members?

No. The prompts merely serve as an inspiration for your entry. At the end of the day, just take note that there must be a certain level of relevance to your story. This is crucial because there are some marks allocated to ‘relevance to prompt’.

 

9. Do you judge our story by grammar?

Yes. This definitely goes without saying since this is a writing contest. 

 

10. Can we put images in the story?

Yes, you may. However, this is not exactly compulsory or necessary to me.
For your information, I will not be judging on graphics (This includes posters too) .

 

11. Can we separate our entry into two chapters?

Ideally, I would prefer the one-shot entry to be in 1 chapter. This is to avoid confusion. 
However, I would allow posting in more than one chapter if you have some technical issues like some of the contestants.
Kindly inform me if you are faced with such circumstances. 


12. Is it okay to post author's note as a separate chapter? 

Frankly, I would prefer all entries to be in 1 chapter. 
However, if you are really dying to post your author's note as a separate chapter, you may do so.
Please specify that it is an author's note at the chapter title if you intend to do so.

 

Side Note: If you have any questions, feel free to comment below, leave me a wall post or PM me.
This list of FAQ would be updated because I thought that some of you might have the same questions in mind.