Cho Miyeon-; Intro

A Heart's Recognition

She wakes up at 5 in the morning, and is more excited than ever. One of her most favorite, well probably the favorite, artists were finally releasing their solo album after so long. Checking her iTunes and YouTube accounts, she squeals as she sees that his album is available already. Buying it, she waits patiently as it loads. Once finished, she turns it on the maximum volume and carefully listens to his album. Each song, each beat, each note, each phrase, sounds like pure perfection to her ears. Or what she would like to call it, an "eargasm". A knock on her door causes her to wake up out of her daydream and starts to get ready for school.

In the middle of doing her hair, she seems to remember something. Today was picture taking day. Sighing, she walks back into her room as she looks in her closet, trying to find something cute and appropriate, but not too over the top. Ah, who caresI'll just re-use the outfir from last year. Not like anyone will notice, anyway.

Changing into her new outfit, she quickly straightens her hair and brushes her teeth. Heading into the kitchen, she sits and the dining table with her older sister, Chaerin, and starts eating. All the while listening to her grandmother complain, and older sister just rag on her.

"Ooh, what you all dressed up for today, Mi-mi? Got a boyfriend or something?" her sister teases."

"What! No, you better not be bringing any loser into your life! You are way too young to be dating young lady, who do you think you are!?"

Shut it, old hag. she quietly thinks to herself, I don't want to hear your . What a hypocrite, you got married to a 30-something year old at 18. And you're calling me too young!? Ha, whatever. And you, dear sister, should shut it too. Ugh.

"Thank you for the meal, halmeoni. I'm off to school now. Unnie and I will see you once we get home. Please remind Halabeoji to pick us up at 2 in front of the gym."

And just like that, she slips out of her house, earbuds plugged in, as she listens to her "husband's" new album

--

"And then, that girl has the nerve to tell me that I'm a ! Ugh, I can't believe her. She used to be one of my best friend's and now she's..."

I don't care, Chaerin. Ugh, why is my sister so loud!?

"Oh, Miyeon, tell Halmeoni and Halabeoji I won't be coming home until later."

"Why, where are you going?"

"Minho and I are spending the day together. After all, today marks our 6-month anniversary." Chaerin says, wearing a proud smile on her face.

"Okay, whatever. Oh look, we're at school already. Wow, that walk was a lot faster than I thought."

"Yup, laters little sis!"

Finally, away from that irritating little- oh? Who's that?

Miyeon's attention is turned to a girl standing about 50 feet away from her sister and Minho. That girl just stands there and looks at him, longing clearly visible in her expression. But why? She already has a boyfriend from the looks of it, the way that guy is clinging to her. Miyeon sees the girl shrug and walk away, hand in hand with the other boy. How strange.

She takes a seat in the library and pulls out her book. Shes finally on the 3rd book in this new trilogy she just found out about, and she can't wait to read the results. As she starts reading, she notices someone sitting in front of her just staring at her. She peaks up from her book, about to ask what the person wanted, when she sees it was her dear friend Jiyong.

"Oppa, annyong. What are you doing?" she asks. She watches as he tilts his head slightly as a bright and warming smile makes his way across his face. She practically melts in her seat.

"Annyong, Miyeon-ah. What are you doing? Shouldn't you be outside walking around with your friends?"

Friends? The only real friend I have is you, pabo.

And that's when she really thought about it. She really has no "real" or "true" friends. Without friends, especially now in her high school years, how is it that she never really felt it? She never really felt so alone? Until now.