Lim Jaeseom-; Intro

A Heart's Recognition

Deep breath in, exhale. Repeat. Trying to steady her racing heart, and wait until everything calms down. Everything will be okay. Just a few more breaths and it'll all just fade away and calm. It will be okay.

Stop lying to yourself! You're worthless and you know it!

There goes her "inner self" again. God, she can be such a sometimes. Always snapping back whenever Jaeseom is trying to calm down. Always forcing her to see life the way it truly is...

Well too bad, sweetheart. Life , and then we die. Now hurry up, you'll be late for school.

As she drags her body out from under her covers, she looks down at her body. She's thin. Over the summer she lost approximately 20 pounds in a 2 month period. And along with her thinned out torso, are the scars. All those scars that remind her of the past, that beckon her to come back and play on a daily basis. But she has to stay stronger than that. After all, what would her mother do without her?

Oh wait, that's right. Her mother didn't give a about her. She only could about Jaeseom's younger brother, Jaeyoung. She closes her eyes on the memory of when her mother just dropped her off at her grandparent's house and never came back. She shivered and earased the thought from her mind, and made her way into the restroom to get ready. She's pale, a bit too pale. But that's okay, because she still looks pissed off at the world still. The perfect makeup to anyone that is secretly so vulnerable, is to always look mad.

Making her way downstairs, her grandmother calls out to her, telling her to eat breakfast.

"Jaeseom, come and eat! Come on, you'll regret it later on."

"No thanks, Halmeoni. Besides, I don't wanna get too fat and become a cow again. I'll see you later."

Before she was able to get the lecture about her attitude and tone, she manages to escape the house. Now it's time for her to drive. Hopping into her straight black on black camaro, she turns the engine on and waits for it to heat up. Once she's finished prepping, she eases out of her driveway and steps on the gas. Normally it would take her about 20 minutes to go to school. Luckily there wasn't much traffic, which allowed her to get to school faster. She turns on her radio and on comes "Two Moons" by Exo-M. She instantly flushes when she hears Tao's specific line, one that shouldn't be heard by children 12 and under...

"Hey, watch it you stupid !"

An old 1995 brown chevy almost rear-ended her. Luckily she was able to swerve into the other lane just in time, otherwise she would've been creamed. Looking at the clock, she sees that it's only about 10 minutes, and she's already right down the road. Perhaps she shouldn't have been speeding...

Coming out of her car, she walks down to her classroom, turning heads wherever she goes. Tons of people come up and say hi, teling her good morning, other stuff like that. She's what you would consider as a "popular" type of girl in the school. Her head was held high, walking with a cool feel to her. But all of that melts when she sees Choi Minho straight across from her. She almost breaks into a full on sprint, until she sees CL wrap her arms around Minho's waist. Now that almost completely breaks her into millions of pieces.

Then out of nowhere she feels a pair of hands wrap around her waist from behind, and she already knows who it was. A smile works it's way across her face as she turns in his arms to face him. It was Jaeseom's "friend", Lee Seohae. He smirks down at her and swiftly kisses her cheek. She raises her eyebrow and he just smiles at her, making her roll her eyes and laugh. But it was a fake laugh. She looks around at all the people around her, all of which consider themselves her "friends", and she can't help but wonder:

How funny is it, that in a school full of kids, even if she's one of the most popular girls, she can feel so alone...?