Park Heeyoung-; Intro

A Heart's Recognition

"You must never, ever give up. Keep fighting, whether the odds are with you or not. You will want to give up; don't. You're stronger than that, Heeyoung, I know you are."

Words of her grandmother echo endlendlessly in her mind as she drags herself out of the bed. Dreading the day that comes near, she ticks her duties off from her fingers.

 Wake up at 6 in the morning, check. Get ready all before 7, check. Okay, now I have to catch the bus which only takes about 5 minutes to get to school, but I have to drop off my younger sister which would probably take an extra 10-15 minutes depending on traffic, which would get me to school around 7:30. Okay, and then I have to present my poster in health class today, I have a meeting at lunch, and then I have band at the end of the day. Great.

Rolling her eyes, she takes 5 deep breaths and goes off to start her day. As she walks out her front door, she dreads having to go back to school. All of the stress from her current activities were surely starting to get the best of her, but  she hides it with a smile on her face as always.

As she starts to walk down to the bus stop, she feels her phone vibrate in her pocket. Picking it up, she sees it's a text from one of her club members.

"Hey guys, good morning! Okay, just wanted to let you know that our meeting is back on at lunch, so be sure to meet at A-203 as soon as the bell rings. See you guys there!"

Oh great, another thing to look forward to today. Ugh, I swear, I don't even know why we have those meetings! All they ever do is just talk about things that don't even matter, and make the rest of us sit there and suffer for a full hour. Oh well, I guess I have to clear my lunch plans with the girls, again.

Calling her other group of friends she tells them that she must cancel, earning a groan in response from her friends.

"I don't even know why you put up with those people, Heeyoung! They don't even care about you, they don't matter! The things that really matter, were our plans today. We were supposed to go and watch the boys play basketball, remember? I'm sure Jongin would love to see you there." one of her friends teased. At the slight mention of his name she blushed, and images of him all sweaty and shirtless running around the court flashed through her mind.

"As tempting as that sounds, I really can't do it. I need to go to this meeting, or Ms. Nacua would be pissed! Besides, I cancelled last time to go shopping with you guys, remember? I'll see you guys later."

Hanging up, she sighs in defeat. Ah yes, the Kim Jongin, the number one person that can make Heeyoung drop to her knees in a heartbeat just from the sound of his name. How she longs for him to notice her. Say hi, smile, anything that lets her know that he notices her existence!

What disrupted her thoughts were the sound of the bus pulling up. Sighing, she shakes her head to clear her mind. Stepping into the bus, she makes her way to her favorite seat all the way in the back next to the window. Leaning, she closes her eyes as she rests her head on the cold glass, that instantly helps soothe her slowly approaching headache.

Oh how I'd kill for a cup of coffee right now.

The ride to school was too short for her. She opens her eyes, and a sight of dozens of teenagers walking around the campus welcomes her. Taking a deep breath, she exits the bus and makes her way over to the band room, without giving even the slightest amount of recognition to anyone around her.

How funny is it, that in a school filled with kids, that she can feel so alone...?