Feel My Heartbeat

K-Pop One shots

 

Hello, my name is Carissa de los Reyes. I am an 18 year old who is in her last year of high school. I was born in the Philippines and moved to America when I was six. But I had to move to South Korea when my dad got transferred to his company's office in Seoul when I was 12. I never asked my dad why he got transferred to South Korea instead of some state in America, but I remember that he had a grave face when he told us the news. The twelve year old me was just excited because we would move to a new country.

Then, when I was 17 and a half years old, my life changed. One day, after school while I was waiting for a bus to take me home, two burly men approached me and dragged me away. I tried to punch and kick and scream, but they tried to smother me with a handkerchief. As I lost consciousness, the handkerchief was pulled away from me. I regained my breath and gasped. I saw a handsome , tall, lanky guy beating up the two men by himself. After two minutes, he had knocked them out and he looked at me. I looked at him cautiously and took my bag and stood up slowly. He rolled his eyes.

Yah! I just saved your life you brat!”

I blushed angrily and made an annoyed sound.

Why should I thank you? For all I know you could be here to kidnap me.”

He rolled his eyes again and held my right wrist. Then he led me to a black luxury car.

Get in. If I were to kidnap you, I would have just left the handkerchief on you. Besides, you're not even cute.”

I frowned at him distastefully and got into his car.

Fine then. Anyway, who the hell are you?”

He started the car and turned to smirk at me. I blushed at how his smirk made him look y.

I'm Jung Yunho. I'm your bodyguard.”

After my meeting with Jung Yunho, I found out that my dad was working on a top engineering project that could allow his company to gain a lot of interest and assets. But there was some rival company that wanted to steal it, so they planned to take me as hostage in exchange for information. Jung Yunho started to bring me everywhere except when I went out with friends. It was annoying at first because my parents forced me to call him “oppa” and Jung Yunho had a bad habit of teasing me especially when he dropped by his friends' places.

Present Day:

“Yah! Where are you taking me?” I questioned.

Yunho looked at me distastefully while he still held my left hand.

“I'm bringing you to school again pabo. But really, it's a surprise. So shush Carissa-ssi.”

I sighed and let Yunho lead me to a lady selling hairclips on the sidewalk. He greeted the lady and let go of my hand.

“Pick a hairclip. Any that you want.” he ordered.

I smiled at the lady and looked at the hair clips. In five minutes, I picked a simple hair clip that had a crystal pink flowers. I noticed that Yunho was looking at me rather intently when I picked my hair clip.

I blushed and coughed. He stopped looking at me and paid the lady. I smiled at the lady again until I realized that Yunho was walking away. I groaned and put the hair clip in my purse and ran to catch up with him. But he walked even faster. I rolled my eyes.

“Yah! Jung Yunho! What the hell?! Slow down!”

I almost got hit by a car when I felt someone push me onto the ground. I groaned and saw Yunho looking pissed at me. His arms held me tightly. And...we were on the ground in public.

“Pabo! You almost got hit by a car! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!”

I blinked in confusion and took his hand quietly as he stood up. I stood in front of him quietly until a minute passed.

“I...I don't get why you walked away from me so fast. Why?”

He grimaced and laughed nervously. Then he looked at me with an embarrassed face.

“I...I......I'm a coward.”

I smiled a little and tried to make him smile, but he looked away from me.

“No...never Jung Yunho. You're not a coward. You've saved me a lot of times, more than I can count actually. You're usually an annoying 24 year old, but you're acting like a shy 17 year old. Why?”

He laughed nervously.

“Thanks, I guess. But you'd laugh at me and hate me if I told you why I walked away.”

I tiptoed and whispered gently. My heartbeat accelerated as I leaned close to Yunho.

“I get annoyed by you pabo. But I'd never hate you.”

I got back to the ground and saw him reluctantly look at me. I saw him stare at me with a shy and nervous look.

“I...I...Damn it! I like you! Gah! I'm so stupid!”

I suddenly felt nervous and shy. I stood closer to Yunho. He backed up into a light pole. I looked up at him and I saw him blush rather cutely. I giggled.

“Thank you, for the hair clip and for protecting me.”

He nodded and held my shoulders and looked directly into my eyes.

“I really like you Carissa-ssi. Feel my heartbeat.”

I gasped as Yunho grabbed my right hand and put it on his toned chest. He smirked when he saw me blush.

“Yunho...your heartbeat feels like it's calm.”

I pulled my hand away from his chest and I bit my lip. He leaned and whispered in my ear.

“You make my heart calm Carissa-ssi. You make me happy.”

I held his face and smiled. He smiled goofily at me.

“Bad Yunho! I'm only a high school student!”

He growled playfully and kissed me gently. I kissed him back slowly but surely. We kept on kissing until we heard someone familiar yell at us.

“Yah! Wait till the others find out! Ha ha! Yunho hyung is a ert!”

We saw Junsu run off to a computer cafe while we looked at each other akwardly. I grabbed Yunho's right hand.

“Let's go home now!”

Yunho smirked playfully at me. I blushed again.

“To your place or mine?”

2 years later...

“Yah oppa! It's time to eat now! Come on do-”

I shut my mouth as I saw Yunho lift his undershirt off his body. He saw me and laughed at my silence.

“Like what you see Carissa-ah?”

I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue at him.

“Psh, yeah right! Rain is way hotter than you!”

He ignored me and proceeded to remove his undershirt. I wanted to look away, but I saw him put on a white v-neck shirt that hugged his toned body. He raised his eyebrows when he noticed me staring.

“Honey, I'm flattered but you're staring at me.”

I blushed again and shook my head.

“Mianhe oppa! I was...I was...”

Yunho walked over to me and my face lovingly. I looked at his face. He smiled happily at me.

“Don't say sorry honey. I can't help that I'm so hot.”

I pulled his hand away from my face and I rolled my eyes.

“Aish! You're still a showoff!”

Yunho just laughed while he tried to hug me. I didn't hug back until I saw him give me a “puppy” look.

“I'm just being modest baby...You know I love you.”

I leaned on his chest and murmured softly.

“Sure you are oppa. Yes, I know. I love you too.”