Chapter 1; If Only You Still Loved Me

Self - Esteem

"There he is! Get him!" A student yelled while pointing to a figure running down the hallway. The figure turned around the corner and ran towards the washroom. He quickly went inside one of the stalls and locked himself in. He pressed his back against the farthest wall of the stall and fell to the ground. He held his hand over his heart and tried to catch his breath. He heard multiple footsteps go past the washroom and blew out a sigh of relief. He rested his head on the tiled walls behind him and closed his eyes. 

'Aahh~ That was cl--'

BAM. 

He flinched as the loud noise reached his ears and squished himself to one of the corners of the cubicle. "Taemin-ah~" He heard a voice sing. Taemin shut his eyes tightly as he heard multiple voices snicker. His heart beat faster as he heard the doors hit the wall, making a loud noise. "Taemin-ah~ Come out, come out wherever you are~" He put his hands over his ears and buried his face in his knees. 'Onew-hyung...Minho-hyung...Help...'

Silence.

Taemin grabbed the bar that was attached to the wall and used it to help him stand up. He cautiously stood up and pressed his ear against the door. 'Are they gone?' He asked himself. 

...

...

...

SPLASH. 

Taemin yelped as a bucket of freezing cold water was poured from the top gap of the stalls. Taemin crouched down and shivered as more water kept pouring in. Tears uncontrollably fell down his cheeks as he begged them to stop but all they did was laugh.

 

Welcome to the life of Lee Taemin:

The #1 target of SM High School.

 

How long has it been? 20 minutes? 30? 40? Perhaps even an hour? Taemin refused to leave the stall until he knew for sure they were gone.

Taemin felt numb all over. He was soaking wet, he had no change of clothes and he had to walk home.

'My life .'

He opened the door, leading to the hallways of the school and poked his head out; making sure no one was around. He sighed as he saw his backpack down the hallway practically ripped apart and all of his homework spread out along the hallway. Tears made its way into his eyes again and before he knew it, he was crying. His homework and his textbook had been written on . Every single page. He picked up whatever he could save from his homework and textbooks and shoved his bag in the trash. He then squeezed the papers in his textbook and started making his way home.

"Achoo!" Taemin sniffled and rubbed his nose with the sleeve of his uniform. 'Just great...' He thought and continued walking. 

"Oppa~!" Taemin cringed at that sound of that voice. He saw two very familiar looking people walking out of the main door of the school and head to the black car parked right outside the gate. 'Minho-hyung...' Taemin watched as the girl got into the passenger's seat and Minho opening the door to his seat. Minho paused and looked up, staring straight at Taemin. Taemin gulped as his heart skipped a beat. He raised his arm up to wave but was interrupted by the girl who was inside the car.

"Oppa! Hurry up~" Taemin's heart broke as Minho turned away and drove off. 'Not even a smile...'

"Taeminnie~ Don't cry." 7 year old Minho begged while rubbing circles around his best friends back. He couldn't stand seeing his Taeminnie cry.

The two kids had just been playing soccer because Taemin begged Minho to teach him. Minho, having a soft spot for his bestfriend, agreed. He didn't expect Taemin to trip on a rock while he was running for the ball, causing him to scrape his knee. It was only a minor scrape, but Taemin cried easily.

Minho took the sleeves of his sweater and used the cuffs to wipe away Taemin's tears. Minho's ears perked up as he heard the sound of the ice cream truck. "

I'll be right back, Minnie~" Minho said and ran towards the direction of the truck.

"Ahjusshi!" He yelled as he was too short to reach the window. An old man, probably in his late 50's looked down at Minho and smiled.

"Can I get a popsicle?"

"What flavour?"

"Mmm...Banana!" Minho said with a huge grin.

"Only one?" Minho nodded as he reached in his pocket for money.

"It's for my friend! He's crying so I need to cheer him up!" The man laughed and took out another popsicle. "Here" He said giving Minho the treats. "Don't worry about paying. Take good care of your friend, alright?"

"Wah~! Thank you so much!" Minho thanked and ran off to Taemin. Taemin looked up as Minho waved a popsicle in front of his face. 

"It's for you, Minnie~" Minho said. Taemin flashed a bright smile, forgetting about the pain on his knee and took the popsicle from Minho's hand. 

"Thank you, hyung!" Taemin said. Minho smiled and gave Taemin a quick peck on the cheek. "Anything to keep my Taeminnie happy."

Taemin dried off and changed into a white t-shirt and blue pajama pants. He slumped down onto his bed and took one of his pillows. He tightly hugged his pillow and buried his face in it before falling asleep.

'If only you still loved me...'

-

Just a little introduction :P

I'm very grateful to the people who subscribed. To be honest, I was scared that no one would like the idea but there has been positive feedback so far. Thank you so much! 8D

Happy 20th Birthday Taemin! Or Happy 19th Birthday Internationally 8D

I'm a bit late because I kept getting distracted D8.