Six: Sleep

Broken Link
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai was sitting a few feet away from you, rubbing his arm. “That hurt, Haemi! What’d you do?”

You looked down at your hands and stared at them with surprise. “What did I do?”

“Transfiguration and force fields,” Baekhyun explained, as he glanced at the two of you.

“Transfiguration … Yah, Kai!” you exclaimed, understanding what had just happened. “You , you turned into the bear, didn’t you?!”

He held up his hands. “Guilty. I wanted to test it out on you. But shouldn’t you be thankful, Haemi? You discovered your power by me using mine.”

That was true, so you’d let it pass for now.

“Then just Kris and I haven’t found out what we can do yet?” D.O frowned, visibly upset.

“Hey, don’t forget about me!” Sehun pouted as he pointed to himself.

“Actually, I’ve already realized what my ability is,” Kris clarified with a shrug. The 6 of you turned to him with identical expressions of surprise.

“Oppa! Why didn’t you tell us then?” you exclaimed with a look of betrayal. “When did you find out?”

“I didn’t think it was all that important,” Kris shrugged nonchalantly. “Right before Chanyeol realized his.”

“So, what is it?” you asked as you leaned closer to him with excitement. Seeing as how it was your Oppa you were talking about, he definitely got a cool power!

“Mind control,” Kris replied simply, as if it was the most basic and uninteresting power in the world.

“Mind control?” you asked with a confused expression. You thought back to when Kai had pulled away without complaints with the simple order from Kris, and snapped your fingers in realization. “Ah! Of course, a cool power for my cool Oppa!”

“It’s just you and me left, buddy,” D.O sighed, slinging an arm around Sehun’s shoulders.

“I hope I find out mine first, Hyung!” Sehun grinned, smacking him in a playful manner. “Then you’ll be the one who’s last this time.”

“That’s not going to happen, dongsaeng,” D.O grinned, pumping his fist in the air. “I’m going to find out first!”

You laughed at the sight, and then continued your on hand training session with Sehun. Another hour passed and you were right in the middle of getting a good attack until you were interrupted by a sudden cry from D.O.

“I’ve got it!” D.O exclaimed with a wide grin.

You swore loudly because your attack had been ruined, but nonetheless you felt happy for the other. You glanced over at Sehun who seemed to be having an internal battle of being upset for discovering his power last, and being happy for his Hyung to have discovered his own.

“What is it?” you asked D.O, letting your tone release a lot less excitement than you were actually feeling.

“Why don’t I show you?” D.O responded with a smile. He held out the palm of his hand, and within a few seconds a small flame came flickering to life.

“Hey, that’s the power I wanted!” Chanyeol complained loudly.

“Fire manipulation, hell yes!” D.O grinned, ing his fist into the air with pride. “All my internal begging for a cool ability paid off!”

“Why don’t we have a little match seeing as how we have our new found abilities?” Chanyeol suggested."I mean, mine's kind of a wash for this kind of battle, but I could always try and train it myself. Sehun and I can sit out for this."

You glanced over at Sehun, and he lowered his head with shame and disappointment.

“Why don’t we wait until tomorrow, so Sehun can join in too?” you suggested instead, patting him understandingly on the shoulder.

“N-No, you guys should train your powers!” Sehun protested with a fake smile on his face. “Soar said you guys should once you’ve realized your power, so don’t let me prevent you from doing so! I’ll find out my own soon anyways.”

You frowned as you immediately detected his fake enthusiasm.

“Sehun’s right, we need to start training as soon as possible,” D.O agreed. “I’m sure his will show up soon anyways. Come on Haemi, you and me! We’re both new to this whole power thing, so we’ll be on equal footing.”

“Equal footing my ,” you muttered under your breath, but you turned to face off against D.O nonetheless.

“You make the first move, since my ability is mainly for defense,” you called out, positioning yourself to prepare for D.O’s attacks. You knew he wasn’t going to go easy on you with the excitement on his face.

You were right.

The second you had finished your thought, a huge ball of flame came shooting your way with incredible speed. Luckily, your reflexes were just as fast, and you quickly created a force field that narrowly blocked you from the flames.

To be honest, you didn’t even know how you were controlling and creating your barriers. You just focused on where you wanted the protection to be, and boom, it was there.

The fireball away your force field, but disappeared nonetheless. Immediately after, more flames were tossed at you and coming from all directions. D.O really wasn’t planning on going easy on you.

A second of fear flickered through your eyes, but you immediately created a barrier that circled you completely. Unfortunately, a barrier that big was bound to have holes in it seeing as how you had only experienced your power for a few short hours, and a few flames managed to your right arm.

Before you could even cry out in pain, Tao was by your side pouring cold water on your tender skin.

“Haemi!” Sehun exclaimed, running over to you with an expression filled with worry. “Are you alright?”

Sehun’s cry of concern managed to grab the attention of others, and they all turned your way.

“Yah! Why were you going so tough on her?” Kai scolded, smacking D.O on the back of his head.

“Sorry,” D.O apologized sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. “I’m not that good at controlling the fire, yet.”

“It’s fine, it’s my fault for not having a barrier that was strong enough,” you stated after the cold water finally numbed away the pain.

“Let’s end the training here and get back,” Baekhyun said. When you opened your mouth to protest, he continued with, “We all have cuts and bruises that need healing, anyways.”

You frowned, but agreed reluctantly.

“Mei Mei, you’ve already improved a lot since you first started today, so don’t be disappointed,” Tao

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter