1. if calling names got us in love

Their Childhood

 

1.

 

 

 

Minho stared outside the window, looking at the moving cars and flying birds. Yet, something or rather someone adorable caught his attention.

There was a puppy, with cute straight ears, staring outside the window too. He was just in the house opposite his. For his first time in 5 years, Minho found something cute that he wanted to have badly. He continued to stare at the cute puppy, trying to see if that puppy was looking at his direction. He waved and mingled around the window, hoping the puppy could see him.

Sure, the puppy did.

Jonghyun widened his two big puppy eyes with confusion and surprise, he was sure Minho was gawking at him like a young wolf but he was trying to be funny too. He squatted down, so that Minho could not see him but still, Minho could see those puppy ears at the windows.

Omo, he had seen me!

Minho skipped out of the house after promising his Minwoo hyung that he was finding the opposite boy to play. He ran to the window where the puppy ears were still there.

He knocked on the window softly; he was glad that he had stood on two bricks to reach out for the window. The puppy looked out of the window again, gasping as he saw the froggy-eyes boy outside his window. The puppy ran to open the door and looked at Minho shyly.

“You are so cute!” Little Minho exclaimed as he caressed the shorter boy’s puppy ears. But he did realize these puppy ears were fakes. They were a type of fancy hairband. Minho held onto the puppy hand, because he believed he was a hyung of this shorter boy. “My name is Minho. I’m 5 years old. You can call me hyung.”

The puppy pouted a little and his voice was amazing nice, “I’m a year older than you. You have to call me Jonghyun hyung.”

“You are a year older than me?!” Minho could not believe his ears. This midget was shorter, older than him!?

Jonghyun nodded and smiled, “Yay, I finally have a dongsaeng!”

“And I have another hyung…” Minho mumbled. He Jonghyun’s hair slowly. “You are too short for a hyung.”

The puppy glared at Minho for calling him short. He believed he was not short, he was still growing up!

Minho smiled awkwardly and pulled the puppy out of his house. “I bring you to see my Umma okay?”

“Waeeeeeee?” the puppy pouted again.

“Come my house and play, I have many toys!”

“Neh!”

 


"Are you my new neighbour?" Minho smiled as he brought his lego set out of his room. He had been wanting to play lego with a friend, rather than his biological hyung. His hyung had always entertained him for awhile before scooting back into his room to finish up his homework.

"Neh," Jonghyun blinked his big eyes as he saw Minho took out all the lego bricks and pushed everything to Jonghyun hyung. "What are these?"

"Lego," Minho almost rolled his eyes but at the same time he was wondering if Jonghyun had ever played this before.

"Ah," Jonghyun blinked his puppy eyes again. He was too cute that Minho wanted to pounce all him and tickle him with all his might to see him writhe and laugh under him.

Of course, he didn't.

 


 

So, this was how Minho and Jonghyun met. They were in good terms and went to the same kindergarten. Coincidentally they went into the same class as Jonghyun missed school a year before, due to his illness. However in just few months, they turned into enemies.

Jonghyun was coughing away after playing the swing with Minho during their free-lesson.

“Wow, not only you are short, you have bad health too,” Minho was snickering away and continued to play the swing, swinging higher than before.

“I-I’m not short and have no bad health!” Jonghyun retorted. He was pissed off by Minho’s sarcastic remark. How could his best friend Minho hurt him like this? Friends will not laugh at each other’s bad points! Jonghyun tried to ignore it, since he was just a young child and there was nothing he could do. He jumped off his swing and pulled onto the chain that belonged to Minho’s swing to prevent him from swinging. He ran off before Minho could even say, “YAH!”

This went on and on, they teased each other always, hurting each other at the same time.

“Wow, I grew taller. Unlike you, still a shorty!”

“Wow, I turned slimmer. Unlike you, still a fatty!

“YAH, I’M NOT FAT.”

“YES YOU ARE, IDIOT!”

 


All these nonsense went on to high school.

They claimed they were bestfriends, and it was sort of a love-hate relationship. Minho liked to disturb Jonghyun by saying those irritating remarks on him. Yeah, height issues again.

“Are you enough, stupid frog?”

“I told you so many times not to call me stupid frog, dumb shorty!”

“Isn’t ‘stupid frog’ your nickname?” Jonghyun smirked, “you can call me ‘dumb shorty’ if you want and ‘stupid frog’ will be your nickname for the rest of your life.

“DUMB SHORTY!”

“Neh, stupid frog?”

“Damn you!” Minho shouted as he pulled Jonghyun’s collar. Jonghyun did not know Minho would react like that, since when pride was an important issue to Minho? As Jonghyun was light, he was easily lifted. To his horror, Minho was going to trash him onto the wall. Jonghyun shut his eyes into tight lines as Minho pushed him onto the nearby wall. The coldness of the wall made me opened his eyes in fear as Minho’s flaming charisma glare was staring right into his eyes.

3…

However Minho’s glare was soften as he felt electric flowing into his body because he stared at the puppy eyes too much. Not long after, he felt his heart thumping like it had never thumped before.

2…

On the other hand the puppy’s heart was racing. Well perhaps he thought he was nervous of what Minho was going do to him. Strangely, he felt as if he was attracted to the flaming charisma eyes.

1…

Snap!

Minho and Jonghyun knew they were in love.

Minho quickly let go of Jonghyun and ran in the opposite immediately. No, this could not be happening, his heart was racing madly. Oh gawd…..

Jonghyun fell onto the floor, but he was not hurt. Instead he was flushing madly. Was he in love?

 


Although Jonghyun wanted to believe that he was fond of Minho but he was upset. Minho was avoiding Jonghyun ever since that day when he pushed Jonghyun onto the wall.

“Stupid frog,” Jonghyun mumbled to himself as he walked onto the corridors after his class ended. “Was everything my wishful thinking apart?”

Just because Jonghyun was too engrossed in his own little world, he had unknowingly bumped onto someone. He fell right on his because he was quite light. He whimpered in pain as he clutched his when he stood up slowly.

“YAH, YOU DUNNO HOW TO WALK?” Jonghyun screamed at the man who fell on his face. The fallen man stood up with a small cut on his face. On second look, Jonghyun realized he was Minho.

“Minho?”

Minho glanced at Jonghyun with apology; he bowed a little before running away again.

Choi Minho, how long are you going to run away from me forever?

 


A/N: i know this is a failed story... failed!fluff !! But thank you for reading this!