1

Liar

Choi Sulli, the only daughter of the Choi family. She has a look to die for, her family is one of the conglomerate in Seoul. Rich and pretty, what else can you ask? Yet not much known about her except the fact that she is disowned by her own family ever since her mother's death. Sulli's mom died when she is only six years old, ever since then Sulli no longer lived in the Choi mansion; in fact another house is built for Sulli to live along with the servants and butlers. Lack of family warmth made Sulli to be a person with cold personality.

Since not much is known about her, people assumed that she is actually not a real daughter of the Chois. They then started to assume and call her a "liar", as they believed that Sulli has other motives being in the Choi family, despite the fact that she is thrown away from the main house.

                  

                                                          *

“Hey, isn't that Choi Sulli?"

“Wow she sure is a beauty, no wonder guys fall for her."

“But she's a liar, you need to be careful of her.”

“I heard even her own family disowned her, better not get too close to her."

 

Sulli lets out a deep sigh, this isn’t the first time she heard those rumors. She is used to it, Sulli never expected anyone to understand her; all she wanted is to live life peacefully. Contrary to what the rumors said, Sulli is far away from being cold. Sulli is actually very warm, yet many failed to realize as they are busy judging the poor girl.

It is Tuesday morning, Sulli readied herself to school. She is busy packing her stuff until a knock is heard.

“Miss, your breakfast is ready.” Said Victoria, she is Sulli’s ‘umma’. Victoria has been working in the family for almost all of her life, she is daughter of  butler Song who worked in the Choi family. She is a few years older than Sulli, and they practically grew up together, they had become very close.

“Umma! Didn’t I told you not to call me miss?” giggled Sulli as she hugged Victoria, “Good morning!”

“Yah, Sulli! Quickly eat your breakfast or else you’ll be late for class. Is everyone treating you well?” asked Vic as she patted the younger girl.

Sulli’s face darkened after Victoria asked that question; Victoria saw Sulli’s face and realized that her classmates still won’t try to get close to her.  Victoria sighed as she is aware of Sulli’s current situation in her high school, and she is still hoping that someone would be kind enough to get to know Sulli. 

“You know what, what others think about you. Remember you have me, sunyoung, and the rest of the family right? Those people don’t know what they are missing…Cih!” said Victoria as she tried to cheer Sulli.

Sulli’s face immediately lit up and hugged Victoria back, “Unni, if only you really are my sister, then I don’t need anything else.”

Sulli quickly finished up her breakfast and quickly went to school. As she entered her school, Sulli realized that other students are eyeing at her and started to move away from her. Sulli is used to it, this no longer bothers her.

 

                                                          *

“Everyone we have a transfer student coming to our class. From today onwards, he is part of the class. Please give a warm welcome to Kim Jong In.” said the teacher.

After the teacher spoke, a tan good looking boy entered the classroom. His never ending smirk left the girls with awe, and they all started to fix their hair and uniform hoping to get Jong In’s attention. While the boys do not give a damn about him, yet they all couldn’t deny that he is indeed very handsome.

“Yo wwazzzup, guys! My name is Kim Jong In, but please calls me Kai. Please treat me well!” said Kai as he gave his trademark smirk.

The girls went crazy seeing his smirk, Kai felt that by transferring to Kimi high school, he would be able to enjoy a brand new environment and besides Kimi high school is known to have the best reputation in terms of arts and music.

Kai realized that many girls fixed their appearance and uniforms, not to be proud but Kai is used to people trying to catch his attention. Then his eyes are fixed to a certain girl, she is not like other girls who tried to catch his attention. In fact this girl gave her a cold look and turned away. Kai felt uneasy as this is the first time a girl has treated him that way.

 

                                                          *

“Pssstt, Suho! Who is that girl who is sitting at the corner?” asked Kai to Suho, the class president.

“That girl? Oh it’s Choi Sulli. Are you interested in her?” asked Suho back as he gave Kai a playful smile.

“Yah, what are you thinking? Nah, she just seemed so different and quiet.” Replied Kai, his eyes looking at Sulli who is busy daydreaming.

“The girls often talked about her, not much information is known about her except the fact that she is the only daughter of Choi Si Won. She is not very much liked by the girls, we guys too rarely talked to her, as everytime we would start a conversation with her, she would just give us short answers and left.” Said Baekhyun, the class clown. Due to his ‘diva’ and cheerful personality, he managed to befriend most of the girls in his grade, thus able to get the school’s juiciest gossip too.

“Oh really? So she has no friends at all?

“Well, she is sometimes seen with our basketball captain, MyungSoo and his girlfriend, Krystal Jung. I guess they are her only friends, probably since they all have the coldddd aura.”

“Yah, Baekhyun! Don’t say nonsense or else I’ll tell MyungSoo about this.”

“Oops sorry,geez Suho please loosen up. I didn’t mean to talk that way about MyungSoo.”

“Hmm? What about MyungSoo?” asked a voice

“Oh him, he is our basketball captain. Though he may seemed cold, but is actually very warm. He is really nice though, but most of the time can be very annoying due to his antics.” Replied Baekhyun as turned to where the voice belonged.

Baekhyun choked on his drink when he saw MyungSoo standing behind him with a displeased look.

“Myungggieee”

“So that is how you think about me eh, Baekhyun? “asked MyungSoo as he gave Baekhyun his sinister smile.

“Yah, you know I don’t mean that way right Myunggie? Don’t be angry okay? Bbuing bbuing!” said Baekhyun trying to cheer MyungSoo up.

MyungSoo and Baekhyun has been friends for almost ten years, so whenever their friends saw them bickered like this, they would never be worried as no matter how bad they fought, they would make up really fast.

“So you are Kim Jong In right? The new guy. My name is MyungSoo, nice to meet you.” Said MyungSoo as he took a seat next to Hoya and Suho.

“Call me Kai, and nice to meet you to.” Smiled Kai as he shook MyungSoo’s hand.

“So I heard you are interested with my friend, Sulli eh? Good luck then.” Said MyungSoo as he ate his chips.

“Ah no, don’t get me wrong. It is just that she is different that’s all, and I am just curious about her.”

“All I can say is she is a very great friend. You just need to show her that you are befriending her for real, not just for the sake of gossiping behind her back. These guys here tried to befriend her, but none seemed to succeed though.”

“That is because you never want to help us, MyungSoo ah.”

“Cih, what’s the point of me introducing you guys to her. I want you guys to befriend her with your own effort so that Sulli can believe that you guys are sincere.”

“I thought she hates us.”

“Nah, infarct she is thankful that you guys tried to talk to her. Sulli is not that good in expressing herself, just give her another chances. I can guarantee you guys would never regret knowing her.” Said MyungSoo.

This even deepen Kai’s curiousity, just what kind of girl Sulli is. Is she really as what the rumors said? From the looked of it, the rumors seemed true. But then her friend, MyungSoo seemed to assure everyone that Sulli is far from it. Kai has decided that he wanted to befriend Sulli no matter what, he wanted to prove whether the rumors are true or not.