Chapter 1

I'm His Girlfriend?!

A big sigh escaped your lips as a ray of sun passed through your violet glossy curtain. “Hello, Monday.” You thought yourself as you tied your hair in a bunch and got up.

“Listen neukkil su inni.."

You opened the cassette and played your favorite EXO-K song, History. It has been your habit for almost 2 years. You like EXO-K a lot.

You bathe, ate and got dressed. And now, you’re ready for school. “Ouch.” You exclaimed as you tripped the last two steps on the stairs. “Pabo, pabo.” You ruffled your hair in disgust but your disgusted face turned-up so quickly as you looked up and saw the portrait of your mother and father.. smiling.

“It has been 2 years since you both left me.” You sighed. “Not fair at all.” You got up from your knees and smiled at the portrait. “Guide me, ara? Saranghae, omma, appa. I need to go.” You bowed and made your way to your old bicycle.

You’re paddling your way to school then suddenly you heard something.. something annoying. ‘Crick! Crick!’ It’s your bicycle’s chain. “Not now.” You bellowed. It’s broken again. You got-off from the ride and checked it. “It’ll take too much of time if I will repair this, then I would be late on my first class.”  You sat on the bench to think for a moment then suddenly someone made his way towards you. “Need help?” You looked up to see who is that man who offers you his help.

Your eyes widened in the state of shock. It’s Kim Myungsoo, the school’s most famous kingka. You lost your mind for a moment. “Hey!” He waved his hand up and down. “Oh, mianhe.” You answered quickly as you got mind back. “What is it again?” You asked. “I’m asking you, if you need help.” He replied. “Oh, no. I can repair my bicycle.” You refused. “I know you can’t.” He said as he took your bicycle into his car’s compartment. “I’ll drive you to school?” He confusedly said. “Yeah, obviously, school. You’re wearing uniform. And I guess, we have the same school.” He added. “Nae, nae.” You nodded nervously.

You sat inside as he opened the car’s door for you. “So manly.” You thought yourself. You’re staring at him the whole time. “Hmmm?” He hummed in a wondering tone. You shoved your eyes away from him knowing that he already noticed that you’re staring at him. Then suddenly, a big smile escaped your lips. “Why so lucky today?” You whispered. “Anything?” He asked you. “Opseo, opseo.” You shook your head.

By the time you got to school, you urgently went-off the car and thanked him. “Gomawo, gomawo.” You bowed repeatedly. “It’s nothing.” He smiled at you. You smiled back and made your way towards your classroom as fast as you can.

As you entered the room, you made your way through your seat, at the extreme back. You don’t want to sit in front, you’re not an attention seeker at all. You rested your head for a while. Then suddenly, Professor Kim entered the room. The whole class stood and greeted him. “Good morning, Mr. Kim.”

After one hour of Math class, the bell rang. You made your way out of the classroom.

While walking, you fell on the floor when someone bumped your shoulder extremely hard. “Aish.” You sighed on your knees. You dusted your knees off. Then a familiar voice exasperatedly said. “Are you blind?!” You looked up, it’s Sunye, the school’s wicked queenka. You got up and bowed. “Mianhe, mianhe.” You apologized. “Better be sorry.” She rolled her eyes, flipped her hair and made her way out.

Being unlucky, bullied and teased. You’re used to it. After 8 hours of study, the bell for dismissal rang.

You saw your bicycle parked near the school’s gate. It’s already fixed. You smiled. Then you saw a paper along with it.

I fixed it.

From: Your boyfriend.

“BOYFRIEND?!”