Take Me Away

My Name Isn't Taemin

Your POV:

I quietly closed the front door to the house and slipped my shoes off. I peeked down the hallway: The coast was clear. I rushed past the living room and scurried to my bedroom, successfully making it into my room without anyone pestering me.

“Oh Serene~ Did you forget to greet your wonderful, amazing, k-pop idol worthy Oppa?” 

Speak of the devil. I cringed as the door cracked open.

“Stop ignoring me, you bum. Come outside and help me set up for dinner.”

I sighed and walked to the dining room, kicking my brother’s on the way.

“Hey JiHo Oppa, maybe you should start working out. Your ’s getting kind of squishy.”

“Oh shush, go do your chores. You know I’m y, y, y~!” JiHo started singing along to Super Junior’s new song, and I blocked my ears. Umma came to the rescue and set food down on the table, shutting JiHo up.

“Umma, I’m y right? Because I’m ready to bingo~” JiHo began to do weird “y” poses, and I facepalmed in secondhand embarrassment. 

“JiHo, just tell your father dinner’s ready.”

Once everyone was seated, the jokes and teasing came to a halt, and Appa placed his heavy gaze on me. I lowered my head and chewed quietly, waiting for the attack.

“Serene. Where were you after school today? Don’t lie and tell me you went to the library, because I went to pick you up and you weren’t there. You haven’t been answering our phone calls either.”

“Appa, I can explain I--”

“Your grades haven’t improved at all and you’ve just been lolling around? I’ve given you so many chances but you’ve disappointed me every time. Instead of hakwon, maybe I should send you to your uncle in Korea. The teachers there are far more strict.”

I clenched my teeth and balled my fists tight. As much as I loved my k-pop, I did not want to be sent to Korea for school. I lived in Korea for a few years back in middle school, and the education was already intense at such a young age. I even detested speaking Korean at home, but in Korea, the English language wasn’t exactly universally understood. I glanced at Umma and JiHo for support, but they said nothing to aid me.

“Appa, I’ve been trying. There’s just been so much happening lately. Please, just give me a little more time.”

“I’m afraid you don’t have much time left. You’ll be going to college soon, but what university would accept you with these grades?”

“I’m only a freshman! How could one year dictate how I live for the rest of my life?!” Before I could hear about how horrible my attitude was, I got up from the table and left the dining room, slamming my bedroom door in anger.

Wanting to distract myself from my family and my ex-boyfriend, I pulled my backpack onto my lap to do some homework. I rummaged through the bag for my pencil case, but instead, I find the banana milk my ex had handed to me. I turned it over in my hands, examining it. Was it expired? Did he poison it? Who the hell gives out banana milk to their ex-girlfriend anyway? My stomach growled, my body aware that I had only eaten a few bites during dinner. I harshly stab the straw through the milk and take a small sip. It tasted like any other banana milk. I set the bottle down and started on my homework. 

“What’s with the milk, Serene? Trying to make your s bigger?”

JiHo was leaning against my doorframe and gestured at the banana milk. I take another sip and give him a dirty look.

“No, you idiot. Strawberry milk makes s bigger.”

“Oh, so is banana milk for reductions? I think you should gimme that and go get yourself a strawberry milk instead. Maybe it’ll give me some muscley man-s.”

I glare at him in silence. Why couldn’t he have helped me and been this talkative during dinner?

“Nope.” I down the whole bottle and tell him to get out, making sure to lock the door this time. I return to my desk and stare at my textbook. A loud burp suddenly escapes my mouth, and a wave of fatigue washes over me.

“A nap wouldn’t hurt. Homework can wait, it’s only seven anyways.” I yawn and crawl under my soft blankets, waiting for sleep to take me somewhere far away. 

 

Taemin’s POV:

Sitting down at the dining room table, I towel dry my hair and listen to Onew and Minho bicker over the TV remote. Key pulls a chair up beside me and lowers himself slowly on the seat, lazily placing the banana milk on the table as he watches the argument taking place in the living room. He chuckles to himself and then faces me, showing me a warm expression.

“Here’s your precious banana milk, my love. Are you feeling a bit better after showering? Taming that puppysaurus was not easy, maybe we should move to a bigger dorm. He might try to pee on my bed next time.”

I smile and quietly sip the milk, sighing in sweet satisfaction.

“Yeesh. If you had it your way, banana milk would be flowing through your veins. That would make you a cow. With bananas dangling off of it. Oh my gosh, it’s like a gender-confused cow.” Key laughed at his own joke and left for his room, leaving me in peace with my milk. I pull my cellphone out of my pocket and call home. After calling three times, I gave up. Are they okay? Maybe they went on vacation or maybe they went shopping. I really miss Umma and her cooking though. I hurriedly gulped down the rest of the banana milk, worrying over the whereabouts of my family.

“Hey, slow it down, you might choke. Maybe I should get you a bowl so you can lap the milk slowly like a kitty. Ohoho, so you’d be so fluffy. I could buy you cat ears too.” Onew’s smile was contagious, and I couldn’t help but feel comforted by his presence. He had probably lost to Minho for the TV remote and left since he didn’t watch another soccer game. 

“Taemin-ah. Gwenchana? You’ve been distant lately. You even made some mistakes in today’s performance. You can talk to hyung about anything.”

“Aniyo, hyung. I’m just tired. We haven’t had a proper break in awhile.”

“That’s true. Maybe after promotions are over, we’ll have some vacation time. You should rest, we have a packed schedule tomorrow.”

I bid Onew goodnight and head to my bedroom. I lie down on my plush bed and stare at the pictures on my bedside table. My family looked so happy in the picture. Even I looked happy and energized, and I wished that some of that enthusiasm would return to me. I thought about what Onew had mentioned about an upcoming vacation.

“Aish, there’s no way. We’re heading to Japan right after we’re done promoting Sherlock.”

I burped dejectedly and felt my eyes drooping closed. I prayed for my dreams to relieve my worries and stress, to take me somewhere away from work. 

 

*⌒ヮ⌒* )  *⌒ヮ⌒*)  *⌒ヮ⌒* )  *⌒ヮ⌒*)  *⌒ヮ⌒* ) 

 

Second chapter is finally out~

I wrote this out in honor of Taemin ^^ Happy birthday~! -sigh-They grow up so fast ;A;

Although this chapter was long, it does help set up the next chapter. Something big is happening in the next chapter ;D 

----

minimimi: It wasn’t rude at all! It was a good push to get me back on track ^^ Thank you for the support :D

Rini6189: You’re right, the banana milk is important XD Their both still young, so this experience should give them strength to move forward. 

hottest_elf: Unni~ your Infinite fic omg >.

Crazyfangirls234: Hehe, body switching will be coming soon (^^