083. stay ; dongwoo/sunggyu (donggyu)

100 infinite fic challenge!

083. stay ; dongwoo/sunggyu

They say loves come before everything else. They say one can do everything just for love. But Dongwoo was sick of it. Sick of being so naïve and stupid and blind.

He knew things aren’t easy when you’re in love with another boy. Especially when said boy still can’t get over the fact that he indeed likes boys and that denying won’t change anything.

They met at a club. Sunggyu wanted to forget about his ‘condition’. Dongwoo wanted to forget about his current problems. They met. They talked. They sort of fell in love. And it was okay. The first days. Everything was fine because it was new and exciting and they were still discovering each other, and loving every part of each other, even the worst ones. Dongwoo didn’t mind the hide and seek game they were playing. He didn’t mind keeping their relationship a secret because back then he thought that as long as they were together everything would be okay. But it wasn’t. It wasn’t because Dongwoo wouldn’t, couldn’t hide forever. He was not like that. He wanted Sunggyu to meet his family, his friends at least. He wanted to be able to go out with him, acting around Sunggyu like any normal lover would, and not caring about the world.

“So how is it going with your mysterious guy?” his best friend Howon asked someday as they were playing video games on his couch.

“Oh, it’s okay. Now he even lets me hold his hand in public. When it’s past midnight, and only in dark alleys, but still. It’s a big progress right?”. His tone was sarcastic and bitter.

“Have you talked to him about it?”

“I can’t. He wouldn’t listen. And I just can’t …”

“… Get in a fight with him. I know. It’s always been like this Dongwoo. Maybe it’s time to do something. You can suffer all life long just because you’re afraid he’ll be mad at you.”

“I know … I’ll try ok?”

And he did. He tried. He tried to talk to Sunggyu. Tried to just leave. But he couldn’t. Not like that. Not without a word.

And they did fight. One day. Because Dongwoo had had a ty day, and that made him even more angry and sad and he talked, shouted his heart out at Sunggyu. But that didn’t really change anything. Sunggyu convinced him to stay, told him that he would try, that soon it was going to be okay. That they could finally be a real couple. Like everybody else, they could go on dates, meet each other friends, go on trips together.

And Dongwoo waited. For weeks. But nothing changed. So they fought again. And again, and again, until it was a daily routine.

And it was terrible, and tiring, for both of them. Dongwoo was blaming Sunggyu and he was blaming himself. And Sunggyu was apologizing and promising.

And this lasted for months. But it was destroying their relationship from inside. And it was too late. It wasn’t worth trying anymore. Because there would always have blaming one another for this or that.

“Stay. Please, Dongwoo. You know I care about you, you can’t leave. Please. Stay. I promise ….”

“No.”

I love you, but I can’t do this anymore. 

 

___________________________________________________________________

I have to say that Donggyu is actually a very shippable pairing. I mean sometimes it's obvious that Dongwoo is all over Sunggyu. Really.

Just look at that http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m70vquvJF41rvz3pfo1_500.gif or that http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7kd6xNwpZ1qbn2a4o1_500.gif