075. skin ; dongwoo/hoya (yadong)

100 infinite fic challenge!

 

075. skin ; dongwoo/hoya

This was fascinating. The burn. The terrible burn of the heated oven. It hit right away. Hoya was speechless, breathless, he couldn’t move, couldn’t think as he watched his skin go from beige to red, the blister slowly taking over the plan surface of his skin. He had never been burned before. He didn’t know it could be so beautiful.

“Hoya! Is it okay? Dinner’s ready?”

, dinner. He was supposed to cook but was instead sitting in front of the open oven, staring at his burned wrist. And he knew Dongwoo couldn’t for dinner too long. So there he was, coming his way.

“Oh god, what happened?!”

Hoya didn’t answer. He just let Dongwoo drag him to the bathroom. He let him put his wrist under cool water for a few minutes. He watched as the water hit the burn, making him flinch with pain. He watched as Dongwoo skillfully applied antibiotic cream over the area and covered it with gauze.

The healing process was long and itchy. Day after day Dongwoo would change the dressing. Putting cream back on and a new piece of gauze. And Hoya just stayed still, observing the whole thing. The way Dongwoo’s fingers gently touched his itchy skin with care and concentration.

After two days, the skin around the burned area wasn’t red anymore. About a week after, the scab started to form and it was itchier than ever.

And finally, another week or so after that, the new skin was finally appearing all pink and soft.

And with the new skin came new feelings. Those were much more than gratefulness towards Dongwoo. Feelings such as deep affection and a itching want to touch Dongwoo’s skin more than ever.