four

Asian Gods

 

I dialed the number Seyong had used to call me and groaned in frustration when all my calls were sent to voicemail.

Dammit!

I dialed Kai's number and he picked up on the third ring, breathless "___."

"Seyong. Are you able to track her phone?" I climbed into a cab, without knowing where my destination was.

"Y-y-yeah, yeah I am. But why?" Kai sounded surprised and I could hear his fingers moving across his computer's keyboard.

"Find her and tell me the address." Kai gave me an address and I announced it to the cab driver. 

"Why, ___? What's wrong?" Kai was now urgent and panicking.

"Go there now, and find Seyong. I am on my way already." I hung up without saying anything else.

********

There were shops selling biscuits, clothes and a tiny cafe at the corner of the street. Just as I alighted the cab, I saw a lady with a green coat emerging from the store selling kids clothes, Seyong. My heart tightened and I swallowed. Seyong was crying. I watched as she wiped her tears away and walked down the street.  I hastened my pace and tried to catch up to her. Better see where is she going first, before I make a fool out of myself.

She stopped in front of an abortion clinic, and hesistated.

No way.

I saw her swallowed and walked towards the clinic. Instinctively, I rushed towards her and pulled her away from the clinic. I saw her surprised expression and dragged her away. Despite her protests, I refused to let go until we reached a corner of the street. 

"What is wrong with you!" she exclaimed when I released my grip. She was rubbing her wrists and I was a little surprised at the strength that I exerted on her. It was probably the anger in me.

"What were you thinking of doing." my voice came out surprisingly calm despite the boiling heat raising in me, flushing my face red.

"Kai loves you anyway, he will never belong to me. I might as well get rid of this burden so-" she never got to finish her sentence because I just slapped her as tears welled up my eyes.

"That is a living being. An innocent child. How do you bear to harm something as harmless and pure as it. This is your child." I was shaking so hard as I tried to steady my voice, tears were spilling out my eyes. My fists were clenched and my heart was aching. "You are so cruel." I spat the last words at Seyong. She looked at me in shock, I didn't even cry in front of her when she told me she was with Kai's child or the story about how much Kai loved me. But here I am, her greatest rival in love, her foe, angry and crying because she was about to abort her child to get rid of the burden Kai has?

"I-" Seyong started, with her hand over her cheek that I slapped her on.

"I know you love this child. But Kai's hapiness is so much more important? Love yourself, Seyong. Do what you want to do, not because of Kai. Do it for this child in you." I wiped my tears with the back of my palms. Seyong looked at me with tears briefly, and flung herself at me.

"Oh my god, ___. Why, why are you so nice and kind. I rather you be mean and evil so I could hate you. Thank you, ___, thank you." I could only make out these few words Seyong said as she was bawling and talking in between tears. 

"____! Seyong!" Kai came over and I gave him a small smile. "Take Seyong back and have a talk. I'm going."

"____...." Kai started.

"Don't, Kai. I'm fine. And you will be too." I walked off and waved at them. 

******

I laid in bed and stared at the ceiling, searching what am I feeling in my heart. But all I could find was relief. Relief that I had stopped Seyong's abortion or relief that I didn't burst out crying in the cab on my way back or the cab driver will think I am nuts and throw me out of the cab? 

"Ughhhhhh!" I groaned in frustration and buried my head in my pillow.

"An angel, aren't you?"

"I am not an- HOLY HOW DID YOU GET IN!!!!" I shot out of my bed and landed on the floor as I stared at the figure leisurely leaning against my window, staring at his nails.

It was Chanyeol. He looked really beautiful with the sunlight shining on him like that. He cocked his head and looked at me in amusement.

"You didn't lock your door so I came in. That was pretty impressive, what you did. You actually saved your ex boyfriend's and his affair's baby." 

"I didn;t? I could've sworn I- Wait. How did you know about that? Were you stalking me?" my eyes widened in shock.

Chanyeol pushed himself off the window and started walking towards me as he speak, "As a matter of fact, yes. Because...." he stopped in front of me and bent down till his face was right in front of mine.

"You are mine."

I pushed him away and stood up, ready to protest. But he was as quick as lightning and his lips came down on mine.

My knees gave in and my world out.

 

A/N: chapters 2 - 4 were inspired by a Taiwan drama called Drunken to Love You! That show is gooooood