three

Asian Gods

 

3 days had passed and my phone was still buzzing with calls and messages from Kai and my friends. Ever since that fateful day of awful events, I had stayed in bed without showering and just stuffed myself silly. Thank god for business meetings that lasts a week. My parents were in Hong Kong right now for a business meeting and they wouldn't be back until a week later. Ugh I really need a shower.

After a bath, I felt so much more refreshed and clean but my heart..... I guess it's still mending from the million pieces shattered. My phone started buzzing on the table again and I ignored it, climbing into bed with a box of spicy chicken. I put PS I Love You on and tried to cry, but somehow the tears wouldn't flow out from my eyes. I know I cry often and easily. But how come I couldn't get the tears out this time? Is it because I was already too broken for tears or have I not come to terms with the fact that my boyfriend had cheated on me?

My phone kept buzzing and buzzing, I couldn't stand it anymore and picked it up.

"What?" I demanded, my tone harsh and sharp.

"This is Seyong. Let's meet. It's to your benefit." the voice on the other end demanded, and she gave me an address. She then hung up without a word or a goodbye. Without thinking, I headed out and went to where she wanted me to go.

**********

"You really came." I spunned around upon hearing her voice. 

"What do you want?" I asked, turning my back on her.

"I want Kai."

"I know."

"But he loves you." At that, my heart fell and I clenched my fists.

"He really loves you, ___. 4 months back, on his 18th birthday, he spent it with you. And he was finally 18, he thought you would be presenting yourself as a gift to him. He was so nervous and excited, like a kid finally getting a candy for being obedient. But when night fell, you still did not make a move on him. He thought you were shy and decided to kiss you. You did kiss him back, but when his hands started to push your top up, you gasped and pushed him away. That was when he knew you had no intention of giving yourself to him. So he came to my bar and got drunk. On his birthday, ____. Boys have needs. He loved you so much that he was willing to wait 4 years. But you didn't even bother to reward him."

"How did you know so much?"

"He told me when he was drunk. He always comes to my bar when he's depressed. But that time, I felt so indignant. I felt that a girl like you doesn't deserve a guy like him. He loves you so much, so much that he was even willing to go to hell for you. But you cared too much about how people will judge you if you lose your ity than belong to him solely. So I gave him what he wanted, and I was satisfied and happy. When we made love that night, I knew I am in love with him. But I knew he loved you, so I let him go. I wanted him so much for myself, and I was so glad I got this child." she rubbed her stomach with affection and continued with tears in her eyes, "But..... I'm giving him back to you. Forgive him, ___. He loves you. Nothing will stand in your way after today. Goodbye."

With that, she walked off, leaving me standing alone on the street. 

I stood there, replaying her words in my mind for 20 mins. And once again, her words started to sink in.

What is she......? Oh my god.