one

Asian Gods

 

His eyes bore into mine as I subconsciously put my hand over my pounding heart and averted his gaze. 

 

Wow, what was that.

"And I'm Suho!" the boy beside the emotionless robot spoke with a bright smile.

Well at least someone's not grumpy.

"Take a seat, boys. Anywhere is fine." Mrs Kim told them and turned her back to start writing on the board.

Chanyeol walked ahead first and took a seat at the other end of the corner, away from me while Suho sat in the empty seat behind me. Throughout the lesson, I tried my best not to look in Chanyeol's direction, but I could feel his piercing stare at my back. I couldn't concentrate in class and had the urge to turn to his direction and yell at him to stop staring at me.

Class finally ended and I quickly gathered my stuff and dashed out of the classroom. I heard my friends calling for me but I didn't turn back, I was too afraid. There's this tugging feeling at the edge of my heart that is telling me I need to get out of the room, away from Chanyeol as quickly as possible. After walking around the school campus aimlessly for 10 mins, I finally stopped in front of the PE equipment room. 

A place to calm down and think. I was about to reach for the knob on the door, but something at the back of my mind told me not to. I jerked my hand away as quickly as I could and was about to turn down the hall and walk when I felt a hand wrapping around my wrist, pulling me into the room. My back collided with the brick wall and pain shot through my spine as I let out a groan. I looked up at my attacker and my eyes widened.

It was Chanyeol.

He was expressionless as he looked me up and down. 

"What the hell?! What do you want from me?" I demanded as my chest rise up and down in irregular speeds.

"Who are you?" he asked, still expressionless.

"I- I-"

"Who are you?" Chanyeol stepped closer to me as I backed up against the wall. My back hit the wall and I realized he was hissing at me. Not demanding. Hissing.

"My Lor-" his smiling friend appeared out of nowhere and stepped towards him. "Ahem. I mean, Chanyeol. Please do not err- overreact."

I looked from Suho to Chanyeol with a bewildered expression. Chanyeol was so close I could see how flawless his skin was and how rounded his eyes are. I than noticed a scar of his throat, like someone had slit it before. My heart sank instantly and my fingers traced the scar he had, "What happened..." I asked in a whisper, filled with sadness.

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he jerked away from my touch, like I had just electrocuted him and dashed out of the room.

"My Lord!" Suho said in surprise.

"My Lord?" I asked with and eyebrow raised, looking at Suho. He seemed to have realized his mistake and frowned, leaving me alone in the room too.

Standing alone in the room, I looked around and shuddered. How did I even think of coming in here to sort my thoughts, I do not know.

 

*******

After school ended and a long lecture from my friends about how weird and peculiar I have been today, I headed to meet my boyfriend of 4 years and counting, Kai. I smiled as I entered the Coffee House we both love and sat right opposite him, "Today's been such a bad day!!!" I whined.

"Why?" he flashed me a charming smile with amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Ugh just these new guys in my class. Weirdest people ever." I said as I scanned through the menu, deciding what should I get for lunch.

Kai's eyes narrowed and he brought his hand under my chin and squeezed my cheek, shaping my mouth into a pout. Pushing my head up to him, "Do you look them?" I shook my head and pushed his hand away, laughing at his jealously. He was so adorable to tease sometimes.

"Stop laughing, it's not that funny right, I am your boyfriend and have every right to get jealous. How are they weird?" he asked, sipping his coffee.

"This guy called the other guy my lord and the other guy even had the guts to p-" I hesistated.

"What?"

"....... to stare at me like I owe him money!!" I exclaimed, trying to sound conviencing. Somehow I wanted to keep the encounter with Chanyeol a secret. Why?

Kai started to babble about how most guys think they're cool and how lucky I am to find him and that I should stay away from them cos they sound crazy. I nodded most of the time and tried to focus on Kai but my mind kept drifting back to the morning's encounter with Chanyeol. Why had he been so curious about me? Why had he jerked away from me? I merely just touched his scar, that's all.

Then I realized what I had felt when I found out that he was the one that pulled me into the room.

It wasn't fear.

It was pity.