Dear Diary:The Confrontation

Ruki and me. Dear Diary Part One : The Meeting

Ok so today I decided to take Reita’s advice. It was what would have been my turn to take care of Ruki’s hair and makeup so as usual, Kamiko got her supplies ready to take care of him but when I told her I wanted to take care of him she knew she would have to do Reita’s hair. She got soooo nervous. I felt bad for her but I had a talk with her about him and gave her some pointers on conversation starters.  I could tell though when he came in that she was still nervous. After a while though I could see that she had relaxed. She even looked over at me and mouthed the words “thank you”. She’s cute.
    Anyway, I did Uruha’s hair and makeup first. Then it was Ruki’s turn. When he walked in he immediately went for where Megumi was set up but Kai was in her chair. I pretended I didn’t notice the lost look he had on his face and I started organizing my supplies. Kamiko who was just finishing up with Reita, told Ruki to head over to my chair then she called my name. I looked over at Ruki who hesitated. I motioned for him to sit down and he grimaced slightly and shook his head. He sat down and took off his sunglasses. Then I heard him breathe heavily. I ran my fingers through his hair and pinned it back so I could start on his makeup. He sat there like he was hating every minute of it. I tried to act casual but I really was nervous. I kept trying to think of things to say but I couldn’t find the courage.
    I was putting on the finishing powder over his foundation and I needed to get the brush under his chin so I lifted his chin slightly with my finger tips. Ruki looked downward so he wouldn’t have to look me in the eye. It made me so mad that before I had time, to catch myself I huffed and muttered “whatever”. Ruki glared up at me. I half expected him to stand up and walk off, but instead he smirked and said something in Japanese that I didn’t understand. He jerked his head away from my hand under his chin and made an annoyed “tsk” noise at me. I stood back and kind of felt bad. It really did hurt my feelings the way he was acting. I went on with his make up, he kept saying little things that I didn’t understand in Japanese and I couldn’t help but feel like he was insulting me. By then Kai had left and Kamiko, and Megumi were gone too. It was just Ruki and me.
    While I was doing his hair he lit up a cigarette. The smoke was making me cough but he didn’t seem to care. He looked at me in the mirror as I kept choking on the smoke and laughed. By that time I’d had enough. I put down the hair brush and looked him straight in the eye. He just sat there with a devilish smirk. He said something else in Japanese.
    “What is your problem?” I said finally. He said nothing but took a long drag on his cigarette and looked me up and down slowly. “Well?” I demanded He blew his cigarette smoke into my face and when I began to choke on it he laughed. I waved the smoke away and tears filled my eyes. Not from the smoke but because I was so frustrated. “What?” I yelled, my voice was cracking. By then Kai was walking by and he stopped in to see what was the matter. He looked at me my tears now streaking my face. Then he looked over at Ruki with a confused and angry look.
    “Are you ok?” He asked me.
    “Fine” I said brushing the tears from my eyes. I picked up the hair brush and continued the job. Kai said something to Ruki then walked out. Ruki tilted his head back and blew more smoke into my face and more tears fell. Finally he snuffed out the cigarette and I tried to finish up quickly. When I reached in front of him to grab the hair spray he grabbed my wrist. I tried to pull it away from him but he gripped it tighter. I looked him in the eye, he had a serious look on his face. Feeling defeated I pleaded with him. “Please let me go” I said. He released me and sat back in the chair.
    “Do you know what I said?” He asked in his deep and intimidating voice.
    “No” I said trying my hardest to finish fast.
    “Your Japanese is bad” He said. I said nothing. A few moments passed and he grabbed my arm again.
    “Please?” I said feeling the tears welling up again. I just wanted to get out of there. He was really cutting down my self esteem now. He squeezed my wrist really tightly. I felt my hand tingling as he was cutting off the circulation.
    “What did Reita see you for?” He said. Studying my face as I avoided eye contact with him.
    “Nothing, why?” I asked. He shrugged and released my arm.
    “They think I’m mean to you” he said sitting back in the chair again.
    “And you don’t?” I asked. He sat there and said nothing he stared at me in the mirror. My face was hot. I felt so embarrassed. He knew he was making me uncomfortable and he didn’t care.
    “Do you want to know what I said?” He asked. I breathed heavily. I was tired of his messing around with me.
    “Just please let me finish” I said. He chuckled, then the next few moments were silent. I finished up as fast as I could and then I started to put my things away. Ruki stood and looked himself over in the mirror silently. Then he looked me over and left. I should have never decided to do his hair and makeup and I’m through trying to be nice with him. It’s obvious he likes cutting me down. I’ll be glad when the tour is over.