Walking on Water and Seeing Your Face

I Broke My Nail Shooting that Man

 

My mouth fell open and I was astounded. This wasn’t just some ordinary person, this person was high-profile.

The President of Korea Appliances, Lee Man-shik. He was on heaps of ads, and his face was plastered on large billboards everywhere. He was an idol without being an idol. He wasn’t ugly, per se, but average. He looked... what was the word? Devilish? Cunning? Up-to-no-good? Yes, that and all of the listed.

He looked like he was up to something. Fishy. That was it.

I flipped through his file. He had done so many despicable acts that were practically unspeakable. Like not paying his suppliers at all because he thought they were peasant-people. Or how about torturing and eventually killing a man because he had the information on a new processor that was all the rage. He threatened one of another company’s researchers to quit and join his company with the man’s child.

I was disgusted. Beyond disgusted. The more I read the more I felt that killing him wouldn’t be such a bad idea. He was a waste of space. Some people think that I’m unbeatable when I fight, and the victims always tell me I’m a cold-hearted monster. But I’m not. The thing is, I never really remember what happens when I fight. It’s there, but I can’t remember. I kind of become a different person when I fight – an emotionless one. Bipolar, I guess. But maybe not, I can still felt Kwon Micha in me somewhere, I just wasn’t her at that time.

I just had to wait for the awards stage, and then record part of the show, and then I was finished for the day. Finished the idol day, but then I had to get ready for the other part.

Someone knocked on my door and I quickly stuffed the laptop under the sofa cushion. I headed over to the door and opened it.

A messenger boy was there. He was like a goldfish, opening and closing his mouth. He was flustered, I mused to myself. This was the first time someone had not been able to talk in my presence. I smiled. Cool.

The smile made him go red. I cocked my head, having an inquiring look about me.

“Yes?” I said nicely.

“Ah, ah, ah. G-g-g-g-go t-t-t-t-t-to t-t-t-t-the s-s-s-s-s-stage.” He managed to stutter out. I smiled, thanked him and patted him on the head. With my heels on I was a whole head taller than him. I left and quickly walked over to the stage.

Along the way I saw Joon.

“Joon!” I said, going up to him.

“Hey!” We did our handshake thing. We were actually pretty close so we had our own secret handshake.

We both laughed after.

“Hey, how are you and her going?” I asked, wiggling my eyebrows at the mention of ‘her’.

‘Her’ was actually Joon’s yet-to-be-exposed crush that he was chasing.

“Man, you’re so mean. She already has a man. Who’s probably a lot nicer than you.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Yah, Kwon Micha, when I get my hands on you, you’re so dead! And just for the record, we’re really good friends now! It’s only a matter of time!” He said. I ran towards the backstage area, and he chased after me.

“Merong!” I said, and opened the door to back stage. I fixed my hair and clothes and walked out, confident and poised.

Yeah, I wish. I was nervous as to who won this week. Probably not me, it’s not easy for a solo singer to win on her first week.

“Hello Inkigayo-er’s, we’re Onew-” Onew said, then stopped.

“Minho-” Minho said.

“Jiyeon-” Jiyeon said.

“And Suzy! Well, what a show we’ve had this week!” She said, waving happily at the camera.

“Yeah, comeback performances, goodbye stages, phew!” Minho said, pretending to wipe his forehead.

“But!” Jiyeon said, holding up a fist, “The most important thing is...”

“Who won Inkigayo this week?” The four said in unison, pointing to the screen behind them.

Adrenaline pumped in my ears.

“And... oh my gosh! It’s a tie, between... G.NA and Micha!” I opened my eyes in surprise.

“The winner is...” I didn’t hear anything, but then all of a sudden I was being pushed to the front.

“Congratulations, Micha! A win on your comeback stage, how do you feel about that?” Onew asked.

“I-I-I,” I blubbered, “thank you fans! I love you and if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be standing here right now!” I said, throwing my bouquet out to the crowd. A wild fanboy caught it and proceeded to smell it. I smiled.

“Kwon Micha, we love you, Kwon Micha, you’re the best, Kwon Micha, you’re perfect!” The fans chanted. I laughed and brushed away tears.

“Thank you! I love you too, I try my best, and I’m far from perfect! After all, no-one is perfect. Next time you think you’re perfect, try walking on water.” I said and winked. The audience all laughed.

I thanked them again and again and then walked off the stage. Once I got into my dressing room I locked the door and quickly changed. I took out the laptop and reviewed the final information. Eight o’clock. Han River. Joon, Dara and I would be the three friends meeting up and playing. T.O.P., Bom-unnie, G.NA-unnie and G-Dragon would be on a friendly double date sort of thing. The other members were all situated around, except for IU, Sulli and Minzy, who stayed in the building opposite. I memorised all the facts, closed the laptop and left with it.

I walked out in a different outfit, this time opting for something casual and comfortable to wear for the show recording.

I quickly walked to the exit, but along the way I heard murmuring in a abandoned hallway. I walked up the stairs and nearly fell back down again.

“You, you, you!” I said, pointing at IU and Thunder.

“What are you doing?” I said, even though it was obvious. They’d been kissing.

IU’s face was red. “Micha, it isn’t what it looks like.”

I grinned. “So you’re going to tell me he was your lips or something and you guys were definitely not kissing, huh? But don’t worry and...” I said, running up to them, “congratulations!” I said, engulfing both of them in a bear hug.

I checked my watch. “Oh crap! I’m late, sorry, I’ll be back, okay? Later. Actually, tomorrow night, my house. We’ll celebrate, the whole gang’ll be there, is that cool with you guys? Yeah? Okay. Bye.” I said, inviting them without really inviting them.

I jumped down the stairs, but just as I was about to jump, I landed wrong and fell down the stairs. Keep in mind I was wearing four-inch heels and skinny jeans.

I waited for the impact, and instead felt arms around me. I opened my eyes, which I’d somehow closed during my fall.

“Tae! How good to see you. Actually, I’ve never been this happy to see your face. But, I’d love to stay and chat and all, but I’m late for a show and have to go.” I said, wriggling free.

“Which show?” He asked.

“Star King?” I said, thinking hard.

“I’m going there too. So wait, okay? I’ll get the others, and we can go together. It would be better it we’re late together, right?”  He smiled.

“Yeah, yeah, just hurry.” I said, leaning against the railing.

Tae ran away. When people aren’t watching, you can very easily pick up that he’s not like anybody else. He’s faster than everyone in our team, and he’s actually very muscular. I laughed to myself. Skinny and muscular, what a combination. He came back within two minutes, and had Jonghyun by the ear, Onew by the wrist and Minho and Key lagging behind.

“Hurry!” I said, waving my hand in a quick ‘come hither’ motion. Tae proceeded to drag Jonghyun faster, which earned more yelps of pain from him.

We got into the car unharmed – well, relatively unharmed, and drove off.

Star King was like always. Funny, funny and a bit weird. The recording lasted until five-thirty, so I quickly went home to wash up and put on a disguise. A short wig with a fringe and some mouth inserts to change my face shape did the job perfectly. The only thing unchanged were the eyes. If you looked at my eyes carefully you could still tell it was me.

Good. Time for action. I grinned at how cheesy I sounded and left.  

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi readers :) Subscribe and comment, please! It’s good to have feedback. Don’t be a silent reader, actively engage! Oh man, that sounded like a teacher. Anyway, sorry I haven’t updated in so long, and yada yada yada.

Read, subscribe and comment :) More subscribers gets me more hyped to update more often. Haha, well, thank you and keep on reading :)