Remembering That I Forgot

I Broke My Nail Shooting that Man

 

“It’s cold.” The little girl said. She was sitting on a swing looking lonely. The little boy on the other swing came over and took off his jacket.

“Here.” He said, and put the jacket over her shoulders.

“But won’t you be cold?” The little girl asked.

“It’s okay. You’re more important.” The boy smiled. The girl smiled too.

“You’re my best friend.” The little girl went over and hugged the little boy. The boy looked shocked for a moment but then quickly wrapped his hands around her.

“Friends forever?” He asked, holding out a pinky.

“Forever.” And they made an eternal promise.

I woke up with cold sweat on my face and body. That dream again. It was so familiar. You know the feeling when you hear a song but can’t quite place it? This was the same feeling. I knew the dream, I just didn’t know. I grumbled and got off my bed. I tied up my hair and then did all the necessary morning preparations.

Man, it was hard being an idol. Just the morning routine was enough to drive my crazy. Cleansers, toners, moisturisers, wash, creams, and you haven’t even gotten me started on the make-up. But I still did it, and changed into nice clothes. I would change later anyway.

I walked into the kitchen to find Manager-unnie making breakfast. She was a former trainee of YG, but quit because she didn’t want to be in the spotlight after a while.

“What’s for breakfast, unnie?” I asked. I smelt something good.

“Guess!” She said happily. I smiled. I already knew.

“Is it... blueberry pancakes with extra cream and syrup?” I smiled.

“You guessed it, girl!” She said. I laughed and she did too.

We sat down to a hearty breakfast. I took a bit.

“Oh my gosh. Unnie, these are... are... ridiculous. Ridiculously good.” I said.

“Well, good, because you’re going to be needing all that energy for Inkigayo and a show recording later.” I made a face. I should’ve known. When she made blueberry pancakes it was usually because she wanted to bribe me to do extra.

“Well... just because I love you... and because these pancakes are so good... I’ll do it. The comeback promotions are always the worst.” I said.

“Five minutes, downstairs.” She said and left. I sighed. It was going to be a long day.

I headed downstairs after rinsing again and hopped into the company car.

“Inkigayo, here I come!” I said, pumping my fist into the air.

“And remember, Micha, pretend you don’t know them! You’re not meant to know them! You nearly blew it last time!” Manager-unnie scolded me.

“I know, I know.” I said, making a grab for my iPod.

We got there in half an hour. I stepped out and stretched.

“Oh man. That was boring.” I said. I walked towards the back door of the recording building. Once inside, it was nice and air-conditioned.

“Oh, heaven!” I yelled. I heard a laugh.

I whipped around.

“Tae?” I whispered.

“Hi Micha.” He said, walking towards me.

“Tae, what are you doing? We’re not supposed to know each other, remember?” I said.

He waved it away. “No one’s here anyway, and most of the idols are in on the secret. We just neeed to watch out for the staff, but that’s okay.” He said.

“What about,” I said, “CCTV?” I mouthed.

He smiled. “A bit of money here and there took care of that problem.”

“Oh god, Tae. And here I was thinking you’re an angel. What’ll happen when the fans find out?” I said, mocking surprise.

He feigned hurt. “Me, no angel? Oh, Micha, where have you been hiding? I am the nation’s angel, Lee Taemin.”

“But can you spend your money that way? I mean, so liberally?” I asked.

“Ever wonder why I say I go over budget with my mp3 player’s? It’s because I spend it on... favours. Like this one. I just wanted to talk to you, Micha.” He pleaded with puppy-dog eyes.

Nation’s angel my foot.

“Yeah, yeah, fine. I have to get ready now. Sorry, but I’ll see you tonight.” I said, hurriedly pushing past him.

“Yeah, yeah, I know. But I came here actually to give you a message.” He said.

I turned around. “And that is?”

“In front of the Han River tonight. Eight-thirty sharp. Dress casually, Joon-hyung and G.NA-noona’s teams will be there too.” I nodded and turned to leave.

“Wait.” Tae grabbed onto my wrist. I spun around. “What? I’m late now.”

“Stay... stay safe, okay?” He said. I smirked.

“Tae, I should be the one saying that to you!” I said jokingly.

He smiled. “Yah, it wouldn’t be nice if I had to carry you back like last time, now would it?” I smiled and playfully punched him in the arm.

“Okay, okay. Whatever you say, Captain.” I saluted him and left.

------------------Back Stage------------------

“Oh my gosh, I’m freaking. Unnie, unnie, I’m freaking. I haven’t been on the stage in eight months! What if the fans hate me now? What’ll I do then? What if I stuff up? What if, what if, what if-” I was so nervous I was stuttering.

“Shhhh, shhhh.” Manager-unnie cradled me in her arms like a baby. “It’s going to be alright. Everything’s going to be absolutely fine, okay? Just do your best and you’ll be great!”

“Thanks unnie. You know everything.” I mumbled.

She laughed. “Now. Go up there and shine!” I stumbled through the hallways, not really registering where I was going. Was being numb better? That way I wouldn’t know what I was doing. Just before I opened the final door to the stage, I felt a hand grab me on the shoulder.

IU, SHINee and Se7en were standing there.

“Fighting!” They all said together. I laughed.

“Thanks! Fighting!” We all did the pumping fist action together and then I went on.

The stage coordinator counted me in.

“One... two... and... three!” I stepped onto the block that would take me to the stage. I was underground, actually. There was a movable platform that I would rise from, but I would be partially camouflaged by the fake smoke that would disappear in a while. I checked my make-up in the little compact I kept hidden. Perfect. Hair. Perfect. Clothes. Perfect.

Now remember, I told myself, smile. The fans want to see you smiling. Deliver well and receive well. Be confident! I wanted to smile but the nervousness was more than I could bear. Inch by slow inch the platform went up. Then suddenly I heard the fan chants.

“Micha, we love you! Micha, fighting! Micha, you’re the best!” Over and over again they said this. I was so touched.

Confidence! Fighting!

The platform was there now.

I stepped off and the screaming was so loud my eardrums nearly burst.

I sang, I danced and I felt the stage beneath me rumbling. It felt good; to have fans care about you and tell you they loved you. It felt good to be loved. If you wanted to be loved, then love in return, and so I did. My comeback performance was spectacular. In the finishing move I actually did a little solo dance, and when I finished the crowd was wild. I stepped off the stage and drank a whole bottle of water.

Another bottle appeared in front of me. I looked up.

“Tae! IU! MBLAQ! How was I? Tell me, honestly, okay?” I asked, taking the bottle of water from Taemin’s hands.

“Good! Good, my little crybaby!” G.O.-oppa caught me in a headlock and rubbed his hand across my hair.

“Crybaby?! Just because I cried in front of you once does not mean I’m a crybaby!” I said.

“Yes it does!” He said, poking his tongue out at me.

“You did great, Micha!” Thunder said.

“Good, unnie! I have to learn from you, okay?” IU Said.

I smiled and pretended that I didn’t know her so well we were like sisters. Which was hard, considering the circumstances.

“Good work!” Staff members complimented me and then I went to my dressing room.

Tae walked with me.

When we were five steps away from the door of my dressing room, Tae slipped something into my jacket pocket. I kept walking, because I knew it would’ve been suspicious if I had stopped.

He walked me to the door and then the rest of SHINee came.

“Hi! How are you?” I asked. It was all polite for a couple of minutes and then I excused myself to change.

I flopped onto the couch and then felt something hard poking my stomach.

Oh, the thing Tae gave me. I took it out. It was a USB.

Must be the information for today’s mission, I thought.

Cool, now I just need a laptop. I found Manager-unnie’s and plugged the USB in.

I opened the first file and my mouth dropped open.

No way. Are you freaking kidding me?

 

 

------------------

 

 

Hi readers!

I’ve got five subscribers J

Keep reading and commenting, please! I’ll update again soon, and give me some feedback!

Thank you,

 

JoyJinn