Two Is Better Than One

Sweet Secrets

I sat there a little shocked as I comprehended what Iris had just said. This would be our first ever double date!! We had both been dreaming about the chance to go on a double date since we were kids and now to have the chance to go on a double date with two idols!! 

" Oh my gosh, it's good we went shopping today" I laughed. 

Iris nodded as a huge smile spread across her face.

"Well we both need to get ready!" she said standing up and dragging me along with her. She ran into my room and started going through the bags of clothes we had just bought. 

"Ah ha!" she shouted pulling out a royal blue dress with a high low skirt that sparkled like the night sky. 

" Isn't this a bit formal?" I asked raising my eyebrows at her. 

" Key said to dress nice for a fancy dinner," She replied, tossing the dress and some silver sandals at me, " now get dressed and start getting ready while I go change."

" What, I don't get to help choose your outfit?" I said, even though I knew full well that Iris never lets anyone pick out her outfits. 

She just gave me a look and walked out the door laughing.  I changed quickly loving the way the sliky fabric felt against my legs as I walked to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I twisted my hair into a french twist at the back of my head leaving a few strands hanging around my face. Then I started on my makeup while the curling iron heated up. 

Iris walked into our shared bathroom in a pretty red dress that accented all her curves. She coupled it with black ballet flats and a black belt. She squeezed in next to me and started curling her hair using her straightener. 

I put on sliver eye shadow, black liner and mascara. I finished up by putting on some clear lip gloss and a little bit of prefume. 

Iris and I both finished up at the same time. She looked stunning as always. I couldn't help but be slightly jealous of her. She had always been more confident then me but tonight she practically glowed. 

" You look gorgeous," I told her.

" So do you," She said with a smile, " now lets go have an amazing night with our boys."

"ok," I agreed as I walked out of the bathroom.

"And remember," she said as she walked out behind me, " Be confident" we both said together. She gave me a little glare but I just laughed and walked out side. We got in my VW golf and started off down the road, with Iris navigating from the passenger seat. 

We nearly got lost once or twice but when we finally got to the house we both sat in the car staring dumbstruck at the house before us. Actually let me rephrase, the mansion before us. The place was huge! It had a gorgeous dark wood front door and a spanish style balcony could be seen on the upper level. 

Iris hopped out or the car yelling to me " What are you waiting for!" 

She ran to the door and knocked as I followed slowly behind, still looking over every detail of the exterior of the house.  Minho opened the door and smiled down at her. He was wearing a black button down shirt and a blue tie, with slacks and black dress shoes. He was stunning. 

"Hello Iris, Key is in the kitchen finishing cooking dinner for us all If you would follow me I'll take you to the...." He trailed off as his gaze had fallen over Iris's soulder and landed on me. I blushed bright red as his eye widened and he looked me up and down. 

Iris cleared and said " umm sorry but where was it you were going to take us?" 

He blinked and his eyes focused back on Iris, " Oh right, this way," he said giving her a blinding smile and opening the door wide so she could walk past as he held the door open for me. 

"You look stunning in that color," He whispered to me as I walked by leaning in and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. 

"Thank you," I said smiling up at him. 

He closed the door and took the lead. Iris and I slipped off our shoes next to his at the front door. He led us through a huge entry hall and passed two sets of marble stairs that met up at the top floor. We walked passed a couple closed doors and then out a sliding glass door where a beautiful table was set up on the back patio. There were candles and music playing softly. The view from the backyard was amazing, and their pool could probably have housed a small dolphin comfortably.  

He walked us over to the table where four place settings had been laid out. Minho kindly pulled out my chair as I sat down. His hand brushed lightly down my arm as he stepped away sending tingles shooting through me. 

It was amazing what this man could do to me with just the slightest touch. At that moment Key walked out to greet as looking dashing in a white button down, black vest and red tie. He had his sleeves rolled up to his elbows and was carrying a tray over to us. 

" Ladies," he said with sly smile, " glad you could make it."  

He laid out the food and had Minho pour us drinks. Dinner was a ceaser salad with bread sticks, spagetti and red velvet cake for desert. Everything tasted amazing. As we all started on our salad Iris struck up a conversation since she was apparently sick of the silence. " So Key, who is your favorite American singer?"

I gave a small smile at this beacuse we both already knew the answer to that question.

" I like many American artisits but Lady GaGa is my favorite," he replied quickly. I suspected he had already been asked similar questions, probably on radio shows but at least it got a conversation started.

Iris looked over at me and we both smiled having one of oure silent conversations.

" I obviously don't have to ask what your favorite Korean group is," Key said with a smile, " but what other kpop groups do you listen to?" he asked leaning forward and staring intently at Iris as if the fate of the world depended on her answer.

She had a huge smile on her face as she replied " Oh thats a long list, We both listen to U-kiss, Teen Top, Super Junior, MBLAQ, B.A.P, f(x), Big Bang, 2NE1, B1A4." She paused to beath and said " Seriously if I keep naming groups we will be here all night." We all laughed as she went on to name the rest of the groups she could think of. When she finished Minho piped up with a question for us.

" So what are your families like? Do you have any siblings?"

He looked at me when he asked it leaning forward just like I had noticed Key do earlier.

I looked at Iris hinting that she should answer first. She frowned at me slightly and if it weren't for that fact that everyone was looking expectantly at her she probably would have made me answer first.

"I have two younger brothers and two younger cousins that are practically my sisters," she said looking at me making it clear that it was my turn to speak up since she had been doing all the talking.

I took a deep breath and said " I'm an only child. My mom had cancer when I was two and it prevented her from having any more children. I have a cousin thats ten years younger than me though and she is like a little sister to me."

I saw the sympathy in both the boys eyes and Minho reached across the table and took my hand in his. " I'm sorry to hear that about your mother. Is she alright now?"

" Oh yes she is perfectly healthy now."

After that we all ate in silence for a little while. I had always been fine with being an only child but sometimes when I saw the sympathy in peoples eyes it made me wonder if I should be sad to be alone.

Near the end of dinner Iris asked if they would be willing to try and teach us Korean. They both agreed enthusiastically and the rest of the meal when by with them teaching us new words and everyone laughing at my awful pronunciation.

After we had all eaten until we were full Minho suggested we watch a movie. Key kindly refused saying that he wanted to show Iris his room and talk more. As Iris walked past me with Key I gave her a look and raised my eyebrows at her silently reminding her not to do anything inapporpriate while I was in the house too. She rolled her eyes and gave me a look that said really is that what you think of me. I laughed at her and followed Minho into the giant living room where the big screen TV was.  He pointed over to where the movies were and said " Pick out anything you'd like." I walked over and looked at all my options. Now a normal girl would have picked a sappy romance to watch but oh no not me. I ended up picking out the first Harry Potter movie because thats just how big a nerd I am. I slid the disk in and went over to sit beside him.

We sat next to each other a little awkwardly. Now that we were alone I had thoughts running through my mind again and things I felt I needed to say. 

" I wanted to tell you something," I finally said as the opening scene of the movie began to play. 

"What was that?" he asked sounding curious.

" I wanted to appologize for the way I reacted when you told me that our relationship needed to stay secret. I had expected it but the reality of it still surprised me a little. I realize that you are trying to protect me and I overreacted and for that I'm sorry," I said looking away from him as I finished. 

I heard him sigh as a laugh escaped his lips. I looked over surprised that he was laughing. 

When I looked over his face had gone serious " What have I told you about hiding that pretty face of yours," he scolded, running his hand down my cheek. 

" I completely understand why you reacted the way you did, and I know what I have to ask of you isn't fair. I just hope you understand that for right now this is the way things have to be," he said gazing gently into my eyes, his hand still resting on my cheek. 

" I do understand," I replied with a smile. 

" Good, now what should your punishment be for hiding your face from me again," he said with a mischiveous smile spreading across his face. My eyes went wide at his words and I felt my neck grow hot. He just laughed and leaned in to press his lips to mine. I closed my eyes, letting the fire run through my body as his lips brushed mine. He was teasing me and it was drving me a little bit wild. Finally as his lips lightly brushed mine for the third time I couldn't help it I clasped my hands around his neck and pulled myself closer to him deepening the kiss. I felt his tounge run across my bottom lip and gasped at the sensation. Then he pulled away smiling " we'll have more fun later when Key and Iris aren't  in the house too. For now let's watch the movie." 

"Fine," i agreed pouting slightly.

He laughed and kissed my pouting lips before pulling me close to his side so that my head lay against his chest and we were both facing the  TV. Warmth radiated from his body and I had watched this movie a million times because it was one of my favorites so I ended up falling asleep wrapped in Minho's arms. 

A/N: Gahh I'm soooo sorry I took so long to update again after I said It wouldn't be a long time. Sadly I start school this coming monday so I will have less time to write. I will still try to write as often as possible but i don't know how often that will be. Please stick with me I promise you I will finish this story!! And please if you are reading this subscribe and comment, it makes my day!! <3 thanks guys!