Let Me

While The Boys Are Away, The Girls Will Play

 

Ch.5 “Let Me”

Amber’s POV

I jumped up instantly and began looking around the room. I was breathing heavily and I looked over to see Jasmina still sleeping. Thank god it was only a dream. I slowed my breathing and laid back on my bed with my hands behind my head. My heart was still racing somewhat slightly and I couldn’t shake the feeling that I actually had wanted to kiss her. I touched my lips and felt warmth on them as if lips had actually been there. I sighed deeply feeling some disappointment and I slowly pushed my covers off of me. I felt so heavy and lazy at the moment. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and headed to the bathroom. When I entered everything was quiet and I was the only one in here. I began brushing my teeth and became lost in thought. I looked up into the mirror and could see the showers behind me. I envisioned Jasmina standing there with the water running down her bare body. I wanted her so bad but how could she be interested in me? I had the habit of falling for people who didn’t want me…or just didn’t accept me for being who I am. I heard the bathroom door open so I quickly gurgled mouth wash and spit it out gathering my belongings and headed back to my room.

 

Jasmina’s POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off on my phone. I grabbed it quickly and turned it off. Damn…I forgot to turn it off from the other day. I looked at the time and it hadn’t been too early but I still wished that I could have slept in more. I guess I better get dressed and do my best to be a productive member of society today. I tossed my blanket off and stood to stretch my arms out over my head. I felt my back crack and I enjoyed the sensation. I walked over to my closet and stared for what seemed like forever into nothingness. I grabbed a small black t-shirt and threw on a pair of black skinny jeans with it. I threw my hair back into a small bun…didn’t really feel like doing anything fancy with it. I grabbed a pair of my big silver hoop earrings and put them on; I felt without them. I went to grab my shoes when I noticed a small bag sticking out from the end of Amber’s bed. I looked around the room cautiously before I made my way over to it.

This had been the bag she freaked out about earlier. I bent over to reach for it when I heard the door open and I shot upright. I turned towards the wall to make it look like I hadn’t been doing anything suspicious. “Oh you’re up! Me and my friends were getting ready to go have lunch…do you want to come?” I turned towards Amber who was fully dressed up and ready to go. “Um….sure why not.” I didn’t want to be rude by refusing her offer….besides I could use some more friends around here. “Go ahead and grab the rest of your stuff and I’ll just meet you outside in the car.” Amber left the room and I could smell the lingering scent of some mysterious perfume she had been wearing. I laced up my shoes quickly and snatched my bag out of desk chair. I made it quickly outside and saw what was the only car waiting out in the front. Amber poked her head out of the window and motioned me towards her.

I made my way inside and scooted over towards Amber. “Hi!” screamed a rather cheerful voice. I smiled not wanting to be rude. “I’m Sulli! That’s Victoria, Krystal, and Luna.” All of them smiled and waved towards me. “I’m Jasmina.” I could tell by the looks on their faces that they had already known that. The rest of the drive was followed by silence from me with light music playing in the background and the conversations of everyone else. I could tell the driver looked slightly annoyed by all of the chatter. I rolled my window down and let the cool wind dance across my face. The city didn’t seem that far off because we had gotten there in almost a half hour. The driver dropped us off at a small little café and seemed happy to be getting rid of us momentarily. The rest of the girls were greeted happily with warm faces….they must have been regulars here. Everything to me was so new and I just didn’t know when I was going to be able to get used to it. “Hey I know they talk a lot but all of them mean well….just try loosening up a little bit and you might have a good time” Amber had whispered into my ear. I wasn’t entirely reassured but I sat down beside her at a round table.

I grabbed a menu and buried my face into it. I eyed the menu carefully recognizing some things like different pastries. Fish and chips…..hmm maybe I can give that a try. Everyone placed their order and the silence became awkward. “So Jasmina….any cute guys in your life?” I looked up towards Sulli who had asked the question? Luna eyed her but Sulli only continued to smile. I could feel a redness creeping onto my cheeks. “Um…no. I just got out of a relationship.” I saw Amber smile slightly out of the corner of my eye and I found it to be quite odd. “Awe what happened Jasmina?” “He was a complete ” I blurted out not really thinking. Everyone began laughing suddenly as if it were the funniest thing they had ever heard. “Do you think Amber is cute?” Luna had asked suddenly. I choked slightly under my water. “Ow!” Luna grabbed her leg under the table. I stifled laughter realizing Krystal had kicked her. I was saved from answering the question as our food was suddenly brought out.

The food was so good! I could definitely get used to this. “Hey Jasmina….how about you come here with us every weekend!” Sulli was so excited about everything….she was a sweet heart. I felt welcomed and accepted her offer. “I’d love too.” She smiled and continued eating her salad. The rest of the morning seemed to flash by. Before I knew it everyone was done with their food and we were already headed back towards the school. I hadn’t been there long but it felt good to get out and to have some fresh air. We rolled up next to the familiar courtyard and poured out of the car. Several grounds keepers were out and about maintaining the greenery of the gardens. As we entered the building everything seemed much quieter….everyone else must have been out and about for the day too. “Hello Jasmina.” I turned around to see the smiling face of Mr. Rivers. “Oh hello.” I could feel myself beginning to tense of slightly. “A day out with the girls I see.” I nodded and made a small yup sound from my lips. “Any plans for the rest of this beautiful day Jasmina?” He walked a little more towards me yet still maintained his distance.

It was if I could see the bad intentions radiating off of his body. “Yeah she’s hanging out with me” Amber came up to me and put her arm over my shoulder. I felt myself ease up slightly. “Hello Amber.” Although he was still smiling I could sense the tension building in his voice at the defensive stance Amber had taken over me. “Weren’t you doing something Mr. Rivers?” He looked down at the handful of envelopes he was carrying. “Ah yes I was just getting ready to mail these.” He looked down at his watch and shifted the envelopes in his hands. “Well I must attend to other things…you two ladies have a lovely day.” He walked away yet Amber’s arm remained over my shoulder. “Thank you for saving me Amber.” Her arm slid off and she went to face me. “No problem….I don’t like him anyways.” I could feel myself getting curious but I didn’t think that now was the time for questions.

“Do you need me to walk you back to the room?” “No I’m fine…but where are you going?” I could see a small smile playing on her lips. “I have business to take care of too, see ya later!” And with that she sped off. I sped off in a somewhat slower pace back to my room. I stripped myself of my day attire into a much simpler t-shirt and pair of pants. Nothing special but it was comfy and it got the job done. I went to my bed and flopped down in a huff. Once again I found myself catching attention of the mystery bag. I wanted to badly to open it…it was killing me! I couldn’t catch the feeling though that the moment I headed for the bag that Amber would come bursting through the door. I grabbed a book of mine instead and decided to do some light reading. I made it through almost three chapters when my phone started to ring. I didn’t recognize the number so I laid it back down and continued reading.

A few seconds later the phone buzzed and showed that I had a new voice message. I picked up the phone and dialed my voice mail. I placed it to my ear in eager anticipation and curiosity. Hopefully it wasn’t a creeper or anything. I could hear shuffling on the voice mail and then a sudden voice. “Hello? Oh yeah haha…this is voice mail.” Oh no it was him…I told him to never talk to me again! His voice continued on through the message. “I wish this wasn’t your voice mail because I really need to talk to you about everything that happened…I miss you. Please call me back.” The message ended. I dropped the phone and instantly curled into a ball on my bed. Why did he have to call? Why did he even have to exist? With tears b my eyes, I glanced over at my alarm clock and it read 2:30 exactly. I know what I’m going to do…I’m going to try and sleep this off. And try I did.

“Jasmina…wake up. Is everything okay?” My eyes fluttered open slightly and I could see Amber kneeled over me. “Ugh why did you wake me up?” I grunted and turned over away from her. “You look like you’ve been crying.” Suddenly I recalled everything. I brought my arm up to my eyes and wiped away any tears that might have been there. “No…I’m fine.” I heard her scoff as she stood up. “Lying doesn’t make it go away.” “Yeah but at least I don’t have to deal with it.” I sat up and looked over at the clock and it read 9:30….wow I really slept. I threw my covers off and grabbed my basket of shower supplies from my closet. “I’m going to take a shower I’ll be back in a little bit.” I didn’t wait for her response as I headed to the bathroom. I didn’t feel like crying anymore….to be honest I just felt pissed off and part of me didn’t really know what to think at all. I walked over to an unoccupied shower in the far corner and sat my basket down beside me. No one else was in here so I instantly stripped myself of all of my clothing without really caring.

I hung everything neatly on the wall next to me and the warm water letting it run all down my back. I knew I wasn’t clear headed right now but I knew that this most definitely felt amazing. I finished shaving my body and I lathered shampoo through my hair. Ah…this felt so good. I could feel the soap rushing down my back and flowing into the drain. I grabbed my scrubbing brush and poured on a small amount of my Jasmine body wash. I had trouble reaching my back when suddenly a hand grabbed the brush from me. “Here…let me help with that.” I jumped slightly and I turned around to realize that it was Amber. “Just turn around okay.” I cautiously turned around and faced the wall. I could feel her running the scrubbing brush up and down my back. It felt nice. I relaxed and let down my guard as she continued running the brush of and down my back. She moved closer towards me and I could feel her breathing practically down my neck.

Her warm breath mixed with the hot steam coming from the shower. She pulled hair away from my neck and brushed it to the side. She planted a small kiss on the back of my neck and I jumped and turned around to face her instinctively covering myself. Before I could say a word or commit an action her lips crashed into mine. Her hands were on either side of my face pulling me even tighter to her. I didn’t know how to react. I wanted to push her away….but I kind of liked it. Her lips were so warm and the water running between our faces made the moment even better. My conscious kicked in and I pushed her away from me. “What are you doing!?!” She wiped her lips in as much confusion as my face was currently displaying.

“Jasmina…don’t freak out.” I wrapped my towel quickly around me and grabbed my clothes and basket and sped out of the bathroom. “Jasmina wait!” I could hear her screaming after me but I kept making my way to the room. Once inside I slammed the door shut behind me. What do I do? How do I deal with this situation? And most importantly…..why did I enjoy the kiss? Yeah I’ve been with guys and everything before….but why did I like this kiss? I didn’t have any more time to think before Amber came bursting through the door. I flew back onto my bed and entered a slightly panicked stage. “Jasmina…just calm down.” I began shaking my head. “No…explain that. What happened?” “What is there to explain? I kissed you and I know you felt something to. If you didn’t you would have pushed me away a lot sooner.” “But I wasn’t thinking clearly I…” She got onto my bed and started crawling towards me.

I inched back across the bed. My hands and legs got tangled in a mess of sheets and blankets. I began throwing pillows at her in a feeble attempt to get her to stop. She only smiled and laughed as she knocked them away effortlessly. I bumped into the bed frame and panicked realizing I had reached a dead end. She grabbed my ankle and I cowered as she crawled over me. I lifted my hands in defense but she grabbed them and put them beside my waist. My thighs were exposed and she looked down at them hungrily. Her eyes turned back to mine and held my gaze. They were strong and determined and full of lust. She whispered in front of my lips “Just close your eyes.”