Chapter 2 - Dinner at Seven

Enemy Line

The two were seated by the window in a prestigious restaurant waiting for their food. All seems well for Taemin, but Hanabi on the other hand. This thing feels like a date, Taemin keeps looking at me funny, the food's not here yet and this dinner looks like a damn date! she thought to herself thoroughly, and praying this dinner would go on silently. 

"Hanabi-"

"I need some fresh air." she said standing up from her seat.

Taemin chuckled, "But the food arrived. And if you take a walk now, it would get cold." Hanabi slumped back down in her seat and ate in silence. "You know you weren't always like this." she looked up from her food. Did this guy lose his mind in the last ten years? She cleared , "What are you talking about?" 

"I'm saying you've changed a lot." She cleared again, "Of course I did, it's been ten years. But I see you haven't changed." Taemin chuckled, "Of course I didn't, I chose to stay the same so I can see you again." Alright, this guy totally lost it. Hanabi took out her phone and started dialing. "Who are you calling." 

"I have a friend working as a psychiatric, I think you should talk to her." Taemin chuckled again, grabbed her phone and dropped it in the glass. "My phone!" This guy really needs to talk to her.

"Anyways, I believe we are here to discuss about your job. You will be expected to attend all the events I attend, I also want you to eat lunch with me and at times dinner too." 

"Why do I have to spend so much time with you?" Taemin chuckled once again, Does guy have a thing for chuckling? she thought.

"Because I like you, Hanabi."

 

Five Years Ago

"I never did like you." he said, tears forming in her eyes as each word hit her. "You were always annoying and smiling like an idiot. My friends may like you but I find you embarrassing. I only asked you out because I lost a bet." And then he left, she fell on her knees crying after he was out of sight. Yes, after he left. She would never want to cry in front of him because she would embarrass him more. Because she still cared for him after all the lies and regrets he drowned her in.

 

"I don't believe a word you said, bastard." she got up from her seat and left the restaurant. She couldn't care less if she left the bill to him, all she wanted was to get back to her apartment. Taemin was still seated at the table after paying the bill, "Maybe I went a little too fast." he mumbled to himself as he left the restaurant also. Luckily he still saw Hanabi waiting outside the restaurant. Taemin up to her but she just crossed her arms and faced the other way. 

"C'mon, I just confessed to you. Why are you so mad?" Hanabi huffed in response. "I have the right to be mad at you, after what you did in high school." Hanabi started walking down the street, Taemin being the stubborn child followed her. "It's a two mile walk, and you're wearing high heels. I think I should drive you home." Hanabi kept on walking, "No, not a chance." 

"I'll buy you a new phone if I can drive you home." Hanabi stopped, she does need a new phone since the idiot here dropped her old one in her drink. Sounds so tempting... she thought. "Fine." she turned around and walked into the parking lot. 

 

"Hey you missed a turn, we're going to the mall, right?" Taemin kept his eyes on road no mattter how much she bugged him, she even kicked the back of his seat. "Wrong. I'm driving back to my place." This is kidnapping... she thought. "You do remember that I'm still here, right." Taemin nodded. 
"I'm taking you to my house." 

I can't believe I agreed to letting him drive me home. Creepy liar.