Chapter 3 - Sleep at 30%

Enemy Line

Taemin had promised her that he would take her shopping the next day. He also lent her some of his clothes for the night and even offered her to sleep on his bed. Too bad, he's sleeping on the bed also.

"Yo, move over." He said nudging her side with his foot, "Why? Aren't you sleeping on the floor?" Taemin scoffed lightly, "I didn't say I was sleeping on the floor, I just said you can sleep in my bed. Silly Bibi." What the hell? "Woah! Nuh-uh! Not a chance!" 

"Don't get the wrong idea, y Bibi." Taemin chuckled and pushed her aside, "Plus, I'm tired. I want to sleep already." 

His hand reached out to the table lamp and switched it off, and slowly Hanabi drifted off to sleep.

 

Four Years Ago

It seemed like it was yesterday when he left her crying; but a year has passed. But to her, it felt like yesterday. It wasn't because the pain remained for all 365 days, it was because she was asleep for half of the year;forgetting all the days before the event. Maybe she forgot some happy memories, or maybe she forgot some depressing ones. Who knows?

 

Hanabi woke up hastily running to the washroom, waking up Taemin also. "Does she have a squirrel sized bladder or something?" Taemin decided to follow her to the bathroom, finally having his blurry vision sharpen he saw her crouched over the toilet coughing violently. "Bibi, what's wrong?" Hanabi stopped her coughing fit, somwhat.  

Do I dare look into the toilet? Taemin thought. Despite his fear of seeing something revolting, he relentlessly looked in the bowl. Seeing the water dyed with a tinge of red, "Hanabi, explain now." Hanabi wiped the corner of with the back of her hand, "I cough up blood at times." 

"That's it, we're going to the hospital." Taemin grabbed her wrist and dragged her out into the car after grabbing his keys. I always cough up blood, what's the big deal? she thought.

Four Years Years Ago

She came home from her job, feeling something unusual; as if water is filling her lungs. She fell into a small coughing fit, only then realizing blood was smeared on her hand.

"Mr. Lee, can I talk to you alone?" Taemin nodded and followed the nurse, "Ms. Hanabi seems to have mild Hemoptysis. Which means she coughs up blood from the respiratory tract. Nothing too severe or life threatening, thank goodness. But make sure to keep an eye on her, and call the hospital if her condition gets too severe. Alright? No need to worry, we'll take good care of her if anything goes wrong." 

Taemin nodded, "How are you feeling?" Hanabi nodded tiredly, "I still hate you, don't expect a trip to the hospital will earn my forgiveness." Taemin laughed lightly and carried her (bridal style woot!) to the car. 

"Don't worry, you'll forgive me. Just like in high school."

"What the heck are you talking about? I never forgave you in high school, mind twisting bastard." 

 

Author's Note - If you got confused with the flashbacks please read on, I will explain it better. hehe

Anyways, Hanabi fell into a coma about half a year later the "break-up". Since she fell into a coma maybe 6 months after that, she forgot everything that happened in between. For example, if they broke up on January and she fell into a coma on June, she would forget everything that happened between January and June. Also, they did not break up on January nor did she went comatose on June, it was an example. 

Anyways, thank you for taking your time reading the explanation, and take care!