Chapter 1 - A Scene Replayed

Enemy Line

Five Years Ago

"Hey, are you busy after school?" a boy turned to the voice. "Yeah," a small frown found its way to her face, "Oh, I see. Well, I'll see you tomorrow then." And with that she left. The boy turned around with suspicion, "Wait," The said girl turned around with a small spark of hope, "What were your plans this evening." She grinned widely, "I wanted to know if you wanted to study after school." The boy frowned, "I don't have time, plus studying with you is like talking to a rock." He  closed his locker and left, "I understand."  she said softly

"I'll try something else tomorrow." she said to herself.

 

A fairly loud tune jingled its way into her conscious waking her up from her dream. "But it's my day off..." she mumbled lazily, but that won't make the phone stop ringing. She walked to her living room and picked up the phone.

"Hanabi! I'm so glad I reached to you via phone!"

"I live alone, so having me answer the phone is expected." A laugh was heard on the other line, "Anyways, you need to get to your office." 

"But it's my day off today." Another laugh sounded

"Silly Hanabi, you're moving to another business!" 

"You're feeling awfully happy about it." 

"Ah, don't take it personally. You're going to be a personal assistant for a company owner. I'm quite envious of you, Hanabi! He's quite attractive."

"Whatever, I'll be there in twenty minutes." 

She set down the phone on the receiver proceeded to get ready. Wearing some casual clothing, she grabbed her handbag and keys.

 

"Two boxes in all. I'm impressed Bibi. I expected thirteen or something." said a young man a few years older than her. "Don't call me Bibi." said Hanabi packing the boxes into her car. She had always hated that nickname 'Bibi', she didn't know why herself, she just hated it. "Wait, Bibi!" The said girl turned around annoyed, "What is it now, Jonghyun?"

"There's someone here to see you." he said pointing to another man in a suit. "Yeah, not going to happen." The short man pouted, "Aw come on, he looks legit." Hanabi raised an eyebrow skeptically, she remembered all the other times her friend had said that to her. Though the man did look legitimate; with the suit and all but then she considered how much of an idiot Jonghyun could be. "Said the one who got their tie stuck in the paper shredder." 

"But-" A hand rested on his shoulder. "Just promise me you won't get into trouble when I'm gone, okay?" Jonghyun nodded sadly, "Remember to keep in touch, Bibi." She opened the car door, "Will do, Dino."

"Excuse me, but I still have yet to talk to you." she turned around to face the fairly old man. "I'm sorry, I don't plan on speaking to you." The man kept a straight face, Like talking to a rock.... though the man. "Perhaps you would like to speak to the person who sent me?" Hanabi nodded and written out her address to him. 

It was evening now, the boxes are neatly stacked to the side while Hanabi was fixing herself a cup of tea. A noise sounded at the door, "Must be that old man." She set her tea down and opened the door. But it was not the old man she had spoken to this morning. It was someone she least wanted to see. 

 

Five Years Ago

"You want to be my girlfriend or not?" he said sternly, his cold eyes staring into soft hesitating ones. "I do but," She looked away, "But what? It's either yes or no." He said grabbing her wrist a little too forcefully, making her wince. "What's the answer?" Why is she feeling fear instead of happiness? She should've felt happy when he asked her. But no matter how much she loved him, she felt as if he would hurt her. But setting those hesitations aside she thought of all the possibilities. In the end, she agreed.

 

"Hanabi" that voice she use to love hearing.

"Hanabi, are you going to let me in or not?" that stern voice she always feared from him.

"Bibi," that voice she now hates.

"Don' call me Bibi." he frowned from the cold reply, it wasn't always like this back in high school. She usually hesitated when saying that. "That's not how you should treat your boss, Bibi." Hanabi froze, she will be his personal assistant? After what he did and how he treated her, he decided to come back? 

"I don't want to talk to you right now." the young man looked at her and sighed, "Fine, I arranged dinner for the two of us at the restaurant two miles down your building. I expect you be there at seven. And wear something nice." she closed the door, "Great, having dinner and working for that ."