Chapter Three

Take Me Away

 

Jinki stepped onto the plane, glancing around in confusion. He looked like a deer in headlights. The fact he had never been on an airplane made things a lot harder. He really hoped he wouldn’t get sick or anything.

 

“Dude, walk.”

 

The voice surprised Jinki causing him to glance over his shoulder. What he was met with was an individual with a face mask and sunglasses, not to mention he had the hood of his jacket on. He was shorter than Jinki, the male noted. “... Move.”

 

“S-sorry,” Jinki mumbled, stepping forward. A flight attendant took his ticket and read it for a few moments, “You’re in row F, seat 2. It’ll be on the right,” she smiled before turning to the male behind him. He started walking, glancing at his ticket as he walked down the aisle. He glanced to his right and read each letter to himself, “P, O, N, M, L,” he read softly as he walked by, “K, L, I, H, G, F!”

 

Finding his seat, he smiled proudly. He opened his backpack and pulled out a smaller bag, placing the small bag on his seat before zipping his bag up and lifting it over his head, placing it in the overhead compartment. He picked up the small bag and sat down, hugging it to himself. He couldn’t actually believe he was on a plane and about to leave for Tokyo. This next year would be interesting.

 

***

 

Once the guy in front of him was gone, Jonghyun sighed and stepped forward, ready to head to the first class when he was stopped. “Ticket?”

 

He glanced at the flight attendant and handed it over, “You’re also row F, seat 1.”

 

Jonghyun blinked a few times. “F? Isn’t that Coach?”

 

She nodded her head, “Follow that gentleman over there.”

 

“Wait, wait, I wanted first class,” Jonghyun stated, staring at the girl through his sunglasses, “I can’t sit in Coach.”

 

The flight attendant offered a small smile, “I’m sorry, but as far as I know, first class is full and you paid for a Coach ticket. Please proceed this way.”

 

Jonghyun scoffed and he reached up to pull off his mask and glasses, but remembered he was supposed to be hiding. He released a frustrated sigh before walking along. “Have a good flight, sir.”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” he mumbled in annoyance. He walked down the aisle, reading off the letters, before he found his row. He glanced at the person already seated and groaned. It was the guy who held up the line just now. He cleared his throat, earning a look from the guy.

 

In line, he didn’t actually look at the guy, but now that he saw him, he got a really good look at him. He was beautiful, to say the least. His hair seemed to fit his round face perfectly, a few stray hair poking out in a unnatural, but nice way. His eyes were a almond shape and had a bright brown color. His nose was centered with the cutest nose and his lips were almost pillowy. Jonghyun wasn’t the type to believe in love and first sight and he didn’t believe he was in love with guy, but he definitely was a looker.

 

“Do... you want to sit down?” Those pillowy lips asked.

 

“Huh?” Jonghyun questioned, blinking into reality.

 

“Sit... do you want to?” the male reworded with a small smile.

 

That smile though. It was so small and innocent, but it was like it spoke volumes to Jonghyun. This guy in front of him was meant to smile, he decided. He wanted to see what it looked like when he was really happy.

 

“You’re holding everyone up!”

 

“Move!”

 

“Take off your Goddamn sunglasses!”

 

The shouts surprised Jonghyun and he turned to stare at the faces of annoyed passengers. He bowed his head and motioned to the seat next to the beautiful male. Jonghyun watched as he sat up, holding his legs up onto the seat and allowed Jonghyun through.

 

When he was out of the way, he heard the people complaining and refrained from the scowling in annoyance. He settled down in his seat and sat his bag down on the floor and leaned over it, searching its vast contents for his magazine before he felt a hand on his arm.

 

He glanced up and stared into the bright brown eyes from before. The male smiled at him again, “Do you know how long it takes to get to Tokyo?”

 

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. Had the other never been to Tokyo? He knew a lot of people who traveled to Japan often, then again, most of the people he knew were famous and went for performance. He sat up and motioned to the screen on the seat in front of them, “It says it right here.”

 

The male blinked at him for a moment before glancing up at the screen. A look of surprised etched his face. It was obvious he hadn’t seen it. “Two hours? Okay, thank you.”

 

The singer nodded his head for a moment, staring at the guy from behind his shades before he returned to searching his bag for the magazine.

 

 

Jinki leaned back in his seat, his eyes on the little screen in front of him. It was so cool how there was a little TV there. He wondered if it would show movies or something. He pushed the thought away and started looking around the plane, looking at the faces of some of the passengers. Some were businessman, others were families. He wondered why each of them were heading to Tokyo. What was there story?

 

His attention turned back to the male next to him. He watched as the male searched through his bag for a few moments before pulling out a magazine. He got a glimpse of the cover and briefly noticed the blonde hair of a singer. He knew the singer, but the name escaped him for a moment. Something with a B? It was the same word twice. He only knew Taemin and Junghwan like him.

 

Thinking about them made his smile falter. He promised Taemin he would be back in a few moments for Christmas. He wondered how he would look then. Would his hair fall out? Would he be so frail, it was obvious he was wasting away? Or would he still look the same. He had the medicine the doctor gave him, but he knew it would do nothing for him. Nothing could.

 

Once again, he glanced over at the male by his side when he noticed movement from the corner of his eyes. The first thing he noted was the male took his hood off. He had oddly colored mix of blonde and brown in his hair. It was lighter at the top and got darker. Then the other took off his sunglasses and mask, revealing his face.

 

At that moment, the male looked at Jinki. The male was breathtaking to Jinki. His weird colored hair seemed to bring out his face. He had a interesting shaped jaw that brought out his handsome features. He had small almond eyes, but they were still so beautiful. Jinki almost wondered if he was wearing contacts. He had a large, but nose. His lips were thin and pink. He almost wanted to reach out and touch them.

 

“Please don’t scream.”

 

The statement confused Jinki and he couldn’t but let the words leave his mouth, “What?”

 

The confusion that was etched on Jinki’s face seemed to double on the blonde man's face. He wondered if he said something that offended the other. Jinki tilted his head, furrowing his eyebrows. Something about the male was oddly familiar.

 

Something clicked and he reached across for the magazine the other placed in the pocket on the back of the seat in front of him and pulled it out. Staring at him from the glossy magazine was a bright shining face with blonde hair. He read the subtitles under his face, “Bling... Bling?”

 

“Yeah,” the other replied, a bit taken back by the other’s calm reaction. Jinki looked up at the other again for a few moments before lifting the magazine up, holding it next to the male’s face as if he was making sure.

 

“Cool.”

 

 

 

?

 

Jonghyun stared at the other in surprise. He wasn’t freaking out? He knew for a fact not everyone liked him - definitely not guys, but they at least got excited at first with the fact they were next to an idol. This guy was completely calm with the dorkiest smile ever.

 

“My brother and boyfriend love you,” he stated.

 

Now that was more like it. Jonghyun leaned back in his seat and smirked a bit. “I’ll give you an autograph and pictures if you promise not to flip out.”

 

The other male chuckled and shook his head handing over the magazine, “I’m not going to.”

 

That was a little disappointing, he thought to himself as he accepted the magazine. He kind of liked it when people were fawning over him. It made his ego inflate. “Guess you’re not a fan?”

 

“I don’t really pay attention to be honest. I mean, I know some of your songs. They’re catchy,” the other replied with a few slow nods.”

 

“But?”

 

“But... I don’t like autotune,” he stated with a chuckle.

 

. Jonghyun nodded his head as he leaned back with an annoyed sigh, “Me neither.”

 

The comment seemed to surprise the other a bit, but it didn’t phase him that much. Jonghyun turned his head to the side to look at the other. He was staring around the plane, watching people walk by and get ready for the plane to take off. He smiled a bit, “What’s your name?”

 

“Hmm? Jinki,” the brunette commented, glancing at Jonghyun again.

 

Jonghyun nodded his head again, “That’s a nice na-”

 

Suddenly the plane started moving and a hand grabbed his own. He stared in shock for a moment before looking at the male beside him. The once smiling boy was now wide eyed, his lips placed in a fine line. Jonghyun figured this guy had never been on a plane before, “First time on a plane? Or hate planes?”

 

“F-first time,” Jinki’s eyes closed tightly as the plane vibrated. His fingers curled into Jonghyun’s, holding on for dear life. “Is it moving? Are we going? What is happening?”

 

“We still have five minutes before we move and just FYI, you need to put your seatbelt on,” Jonghyun stated with an amused smile. He wasn’t the least bit bothered by the fact the other was holding his hand. It felt nice actually, though the male’s hands were kind of cold.

 

Jinki took a few steady breaths, but didn’t move. Jonghyun shook his head and leaned forward, pulling the strap closest to him up. He tried to pull his hand away from the other, but he had a tight grip. “Dude, chill,” he chuckled.

 

The cute male turned to look at Jonghyun, a small pout appearing on his lips. He released his grip on Jonghyun’s hand and moved it to the arm rest, his knuckles almost turning white from holding on too tight.

 

Jonghyun smiled and shook his head, he leaned over the other and grabbed the other side of the belt. As he pulled back, he turned his head and looked at the other. Jinki was staring at him and for a moment, Jonghyun was frozen.

 

 

Jinki didn’t know what had taken over him. He didn’t mean to grab the other’s hand, but the sudden vibrations scared Jinki to the point, he needed to grab hold of something and it just happened to be Jonghyun’s hand.

 

It was still hard to believe he was sitting next to Bling Bling Jonghyun. His brother would flip. He ignored the fact that his brother would be pissed if he didn’t get a picture, but for now, he was just focusing on not freaking out.

 

He eventually let go of the other’s hand and it still hadn’t hit him he needed to get his seatbelt on. Just as he was reaching for it, he opened his eyes and realized Jonghyun was already grabbing it and they were now looking at each other.

 

He could see every imperfection in the other’s face, but for some reason, they were beautiful. Jinki even noticed a small mole in the center of the other’s chest since his shirt was hanging open. He blushed a bit for looking that far, but he was trying to avoid looking at the other’s lips.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Both males looked up to stare at the flight attendant who had a confused look on her face. Just as it seemed she was about to say more, her eyes widened. Instantly, Jonghyun reached out and placed a finger over his lips, a charming smile appearing on his lips.

 

She nodded her head slowly, her eyes moving to his hand, “S-seatbelts?”

 

“Of course, beautiful,” he cooed, pulling away. He leaned back in his seat, connecting his own seatbelt. He looked at Jinki who awkwardly connected his together. Jinki looked back at the girl. She was just staring at Jonghyun. “Don’t you have to get ready for the flight?”

 

“Oh! Yes...,” she hesitated for a moment, but finally scurried down the aisle. Jinki leaned over the side and watched her in the back, jumping a bit with a fellow flight attendant. Both glanced his way and he returned upright before turning his head to look at Jonghyun. The blonde was now glancing out the window, watching the other planes for a few moments and then he was looking at Jinki.

 

The male stared as a hand was lifted up, “Need some support? We’re about to take off.”

 

Jinki shook his head, offering up a shaky smile, “I think I’ll survive.”

 

Once those words left his lips, his smile fell and he looked down at his hands. In the context of that moment, he was fine. He felt a few pats on his arms and looked at the other, “It’ll be over before you know it.”

 

The other had no idea how true those words were.