Chapter Two

Take Me Away

 

Jonghyun stared out the window. Everything was more interesting than what his manager had to say. Schedule after schedule after schedule; nothing was new. More people are going to praise him for a ‘job well done’. ‘You’re number one, Bling Bling’, they’d say, but it didn’t matter to Jonghyun. The music he sang was superficial and fake, just like the people who say nice things to him.

When he decided to become a singer, he was going to sing his songs with his guitar in his clothes. How wrong he was. They changed everything about him, even his name. No, he wasn’t Kim Jonghyun anymore. He sold his name for Bling Bling. All his fans and the producers cared about was what sold and that was his face and dance music.

“Bling Bling, are you listening?”

He glanced over at his manager and nodded, “Hmm? No.”

His manager sighed, “Bling Bl-… Jonghyun,” he corrected when Jonghyun glared at him. “Your comeback is this week. Everything needs to be perfect.”

“Six albums, twelve number one singles, four mini albums, one live concert, not to mention the albums, singles and stuff in Japan, but also, eight music videos that are all over five million on Youtube,” Jonghyun listened off on his fingers. He glanced up at his manager, “I’ll be fine, Jungmin hyung. No worries.”

The older man didn’t seem convinced, but he went over the schedule again. Jonghyun listened to Jungmin. It wasn’t his fault his life turned ty, he just helped book the ty performances and variety show appearances.

Eventually his manager finally left. Jonghyun sighed and leaned back against the wall, staring out the window. Fans were waiting for him, screaming his name. One of them seemed to notice him and they were pointing up at him. He just stared, unaffected by their affection.

He moved away from the window and grabbed a piece of paper, writing on it before grabbing the bag he was hiding. He looked around the room for a moment. He wouldn’t miss it. He shook his head and walked out of the room.

Ten minutes later, Jungmin returned to the room. “Jonghyun?” He noticed the note on the table and read it out loud.

Jungmin hyung,

I’m sorry, but the last few years have been torture. I’m leaving for a while. I’ll be back eventually. Don’t look for me. Don’t call for me. I’m going to remember who I was. Cancel the comeback and everything. Tell them I’m in rehab or something. The tabloids will eat that up. I’m sorry for causing this for you, but I’m not happy with how everything turned out. When I come back, I’ll have the best attitude, but I’ll be doing things my way. For now, goodbye.

Kim Jonghyun – Not Bling Bling’.

Jungmin stared are the note for the longest time before running out of the room. He was asking people if they saw Jonghyun, but no one did. Jonghyun was already gone.

 

 

“You’re really leaving, huh?” Kibum questioned, staring at his best friend. They had been friends since they were in diapers. They had been dating for five years, but after Jonghyun told him he was leaving for a while, Kibum dumped him. He wanted a ring and marriage, Jonghyun wanted to run away. They decided it was best to go their own separate ways.

Jonghyun took a bite of the bread and nodded his head, “Mm, everything is set. All I need is a destination.”

Kibum sat back and stared at Jonghyun. He was wearing a hoodie with a hat and sunglasses even though they were inside of a restaurant. This was part of his whole ‘running away’ scheme. No one should recognize him, but Jonghyun was the most loved Idol at the moment. No matter where he went, he’d be noticed.

He reached forward and placed a hand on Jonghyun’s hand, “Are you 100% sure about this, Jonghyun? You could be sued by your company. You can’t honestly think they won’t stop looking for you.”

Jonghyun smiled softly and shrugged his shoulders, “If they want good music – and I mean good music. None of this ty autotune crap, but real music people can relate to – then they can wait. I’m an artist, not a puppet and I won’t let them turn me into one, Key.”

“Alright, so say you do get away… what are you going to do about money? About housing?” Kibum questioned.

“The good thing about being me is the money. I moved everything to a separate banking account, not to mention I sold my house and car,” he replied, with a grin.

Kibum stared wide eyed, “Your house and car?”

Jonghyun nodded his head, “Mm. I will admit, I loved the house and car, but they were paid for by a company that is sheltering my talent. The least they can do is pay for my expenses.”

The diva rolled his eyes as he crossed his legs, “Yeah, yeah. I always told you that you should have joined another company.”

“And I didn’t listen so now I’m running away. Look, you have my number. If I get into any trouble, I’ll call you,” Jonghyun assured with a smile, “But Key, I’ll be alright… even when I ran away from home when I was sixteen, you found me. You always found me.”

Kibum smiled sadly, “Yeah, I’ll always find you, Jjong.”

Jonghyun took Kibum’s hand and kissed his hand, “I’ll be back in a year.”

“I can’t wait a year, Jjong. I can’t wait anymore. I waited years for you to actually fall for me and then I waited five years for a ring. I’m growing old. I have wrinkles now,” Kibum sighed, touching his face, but he looked at the other seriously, “I’ll always find you, but I won’t sit around knitting while I wait for you to come back… I need to be happy.”

The singer nodded his head, “I know… I’m sorry, Key.”

“Yeah, yeah, you go and have your adventure, road of enlightenment thing and I’ll be here, most likely answering questions about where you are,” Kibum sighed dramatically.

Jonghyun stood up and wrapped his arms around Kibum, kissing his cheek, “I love you, Key.”

Kibum patted Jonghyun’s hands, “Mm, you should go. They’ll be after me soon. Best to get your plane flight now before they go to the airport.”

“Yeah, and I know where I’m going to go first,” Jonghyun grinned.

“Don’t tell me. I’d like to be surprised by gifts sent to me from different places. I like expensive,” Kibum said, grinning back at Jonghyun.

The singer rolled his eyes, “Obviously. See you in a year.”

Kibum waved his fingers at Jonghyun, “Don’t forget me.”

“Never.”

 

 

Jonghyun arrived at the airport and smiled. In a year, he’d come back to Korea becoming the star he wanted to be. He fumbled in his pockets for his wallet, bumping into someone on the way. He ignored the other as he walked to the counter. He didn’t want to explain who he was or why he was hiding his face.

He walked up to the counter and smiled, “I want the next ticket for the next flight that is leaving. Doesn’t matter where. Don’t even tell me. Just tell me the gate number.”

After the lady gave him a strange look, she tilted her head. Her eyes widened, but Jonghyun covered her lips, “I’ll kiss you if you don’t scream.”

The lady nodded her head and Jonghyun sighed, but kissed her anyways. Ignoring the weird looks they got, she handed him a ticket, “G-gate f-four.”

Jonghyun grinned and took a piece of paper, signing it before looking at her again, “Tell no one, alright?”

She nodded her head again. Jonghyun winked at her before walking away. He refused to look at his ticket until they called for the flight.

 

He arrived at the gate. He took a seat and glanced up at the TV screen. His eyes widened when he read the headline news. Bling Bling Jonghyun missing? He pulled his hood farther down as he looked around. The lady already noticed him, maybe someone else did. He read the subtitles on the TV since the volume was off.

‘Singer Bling Bling Jonghyun has disappeared. His manager assures the public that he is not missing, but taking a much needed vacation causing his promotions for his comeback to be pushed back indefinitely. Many rumors are being thrown around that he is in rehab or kidnapped. SM Entertainment where Bling Bling resides assures that Jonghyun is perfectly fine and more information will be released soon.’

Jonghyun glanced down at his hands. He felt bad for what he had done, but if they had just listened to his request to release his own songs, none of this would have happened, so really, all of this was their fault. He was the victim.

He glanced over at two girls who were watching the news, “Is he alright? I’m so worried about Bling Bling oppa.”

“I know,” the other agreed, “But this kind of pisses me off. Why would he do this right before his comeback?”

The two continued to bicker about why Bling Bling shouldn’t have left and if he was alright. It was annoying to Jonghyun. He was sitting right there. He sighed and pushed the thought away.

“Flight 32 to Tokyo, now boarding.”

He glanced at his ticket and smiled. Japan? Sure, probably not the best choice since he was pretty famous in Japan, but he was famous everywhere. He stood up and walked over to the line, holding his ticket. The next year was going to be his rebirth, he thought to himself. The real Kim Jonghyun was going to come back again, he vowed to himself.

_____________________________________________________

Author’s Note;

So here is the next chapter! All about Jjong! If you’ve seen Hongki’s drama from Japan where he works at a female wrestling ring, then that was the idea I went with. Never finished the drama though. XD

Anyways, going to update the 2MIN story next! :P

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! 

©sungyo2012