Chapter One

What If...

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh! There he was, along with all of the others. They were going right past me. There he was; just an arm’s length away. But I couldn’t do anything but stand there, wrapping my arms around me in an attempt to not explode from such a close proximity to them. I just stood there and stared as they calmly walked past. He stared straight ahead, with a bored, tired look on his face. He was almost in front of me now. He cooly turned his head, just in an attempt to survey his surroundings, but he stopped. His gaze remained in one place as he walked past me. He seemed startled, his calm and cool appearance faltering. Where was he looking? I didn’t dare even take my eyes off of him to look. Whatever or whoever was way less important that seeing him.

But then I realized; he was staring at me

 

They kept walking and his gaze remained where it was for as long as he could allow without having to turn so much as to make it obvious. But it wasn’t long enough. I saw him turn his head a couple of times before he was completely out of sight. He had been looking at me! Why? Had he really? Oh my goodness! I was dazed for the rest of the night. I couldn’t concentrate. The thought of seeing him look at me like that filled my mind.

 

 

Yesung POV

Oh, I’m so tired. I can’t wait to sit down and rest. I’ve been so worn out recently more so than usual. I don’t know why... I guess it’s just a phase I’m going through, but hopefully it will end soon. It’s really annoying… These were the thoughts that were going through my head as I departed the stage with the rest of my band mates. We walked through the aisle. I wasn’t paying attention to much, just staring straight ahead. But then I took a quick look around. So many people... It still astounds me to see so many people in one place like this; and so many are our fans. It makes me so grateful. Oh, wait. I slowed my walk as much as possible without it being noticeable or slowing anyone down. On my right was a girl. Sure, there were lots of girls, but this was THE girl. Not just any girl in the crowd. She was staring straight at me and I stared back. She was beautiful. I wanted to stop right there and just watch her, but I couldn’t. I had to fight myself to keep going, but I did. I kept watching her for as long as I could, but soon had to return my attention to the back of Kyuhyun’s head which was in front of me. I tried to look behind me to see her again, but she was soon too far away for me to see. After that I kept my eyes glued straight ahead and didn’t look at the crowd again.

I didn’t want to see anyone else.

I couldn’t forget her face.

I was going to need that memory so that I could find her again one day...

 

 

Donghae POV

“Hyung. Hyung!” I said, trying to catch Yesung’s attention. Finally he jerked his head up and looked at me.

“Ne?” He asked. He had been oddly solemn and quiet since our performance.

“Gwenchana?” I asked.

“Uh, ne. Gwenchana…” He said, trailing off at the end. I looked at him some more and tilted my head to the side. Something seemed odd about him. Well, I mean, more than usual… I wonder what happened…

 

 

Yesung POV

Darn Donghae. Breaking into my train of thought. I was trying to devise a plan. I need a plan; and soon. I didn’t know when I'll ever be near her like this again. This could be my only chance at true love or whatever this is. Why did he have to go and interrupt me in such an important moment?! Ugh! Hey, but he could be helpful… Maybe I should tell the others. They may be able to help me…. Especially if I was going to have to sneak away without being noticed…  

 

 

Donghae POV

Just as I was about to turn around and go sit down when Yesung called me. “Yah! Donghae-ah!” I stopped and looked at him. He seemed to have an odd gleam in his eyes as he called me over.

“Ne, Hyung.” I said.

“I have a favor to ask you…” He began. He told me his problem and part of a plan. I smiled mischievously as I quickly gathered the others. We were going to need all of us to pull this off successfully…

 

 

Leeteuk POV

Suddenly Donghae came out of nowhere and grabbed me. “Quick! Hyung! Go over there! We need to have a group meeting! Yesung Hyung needs our help!” I looked at him for a minute, trying to understand what was going on.

“Okay…” I began as he dragged me to the other side of the room where already a small group of our members were beginning to gather. I joined them as Donghae ran off to gather some other poor unsuspecting member.

 

 

Donghae POV

Once I had gathered them all, Yesung began to tell his story. Everyone watched him intently. Then we both began to explain the plan that we had formed together. We saw various reactions among the faces before us. Some, like Heechul, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun, seemed excited to have such an awesome reason to be mischievous. While Leeteuk smiled and laughed, doubling over; his unique laughter filling the room. Ryeowook looked nervous and worried, already thinking about what could go wrong and what would happen, while Siwon was cool and calm, taking in the situation. Many of us began talking at once, trying to figure out what was going on and who was doing what. It was chaos. Finally, taking on his leader position, Leeteuk got everyone to be quiet.

“Guys! Quiet! Okay, this is what we’re going to do…” He quickly gave out roles. Who was going to go get what, who was going to distract who, and so on until we were all running around busily, except for Yesung who stayed behind with Leeteuk. I quickly ran off to do my job.

 

 

Leeteuk POV

“Yesung,” I said as I stepped closer to him so that only he could hear me.

“Ne, Hyung.” He said, looking straight at me.

“Are you sure about this?” I asked him.

“Ne. I’ve never been more sure about anything.” He answered me, totally sure. He was standing up straight, with his shoulders squared and a determined look on his face.

“Alright,” I said with a smile as I patted him on the shoulder and walked past him to help gather things. Yesung just nodded and continued to stand there, staring straight ahead.

 

 

Yesung POV

I stood there like a statue while others hurried past me. I didn’t know what to do. Was this really happening? I asked myself. Yes, it was, and it had to succeed. I don’t know what I’ll do if it fails; if I can’t find her…

*Daydream*

“Yesung! Did you find her?” I hung my head as I walked back in the room after searching fervently. I didn’t respond but just walked past them all to the couch on the far wall and lay across it, covering my head with my arm. I had failed. I would never see her again. I would have to live my whole life in constant pain and wondering as to whether she really was the one for me and what would have happened if I had found her. It killed me. She would always be that “what if” in my life. I guess everyone needed one…

*End Daydream*

 

No! Andwae! I cannot think like that! I will succeed! I have to! Fighting! I did a quick fist in the air beside me, determined to do this. I had to see her again.

I had to find her.