1 - One Minute One Second

One Minute One Second

Title: One Minute One Second
Pairing: YeWon! Broken, JaeSung
Genre: Drama?
Rating: PG-13 
Type: Long One-shot, 1/2
Summary: Siwon remembers his love for Yesung and their break-up.
A/N: Adapted from Epik High's One Minute One Second. That song, is just too amazing for words. You have to listen to it. I followed the lyrics very closely as I realized many people barely understand the story of the music video and lyrics, so I wrote this fic. (: And this is also my first time writing a one-shot. Thanks for reading! Comments are loved!


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


He sat in front of the grand piano, head resting on the consecutive keys which had been drained off of sound. Silently, Siwon chuckled to himself wryly as he let four words slip out of his mouth.

"I can't let go."

No matter where Siwon looked, he saw Yesung's faded figure, no matter where Siwon went, he heard Yesung's soft voice. Siwon couldn't hide it no matter how much he wanted to. 

He couldn't breathe, even for one moment, one minute, one second.


Siwon traced his fingers quietly over the white keys of the piano. Flashbacks replayed as he vaguely imagined a smiling Yesung sitting on the bench with him, eyes closed, enjoying every piece Siwon played.

Siwon touched the empty space beside him, and felt a knife stab through his heart. The anger rose through him again as he slammed his foot violently against the piano, causing the grand ornament to topple loudly.

Kicking back the bench and hearing the loud thud, Siwon massaged his temple, sighing before walking over to the living room.

Flinging himself tiredly onto the couch, he took a banana from the fruit bowl and ate quietly. 

Siwon smiled as he saw an illusion of Yesung hugging a pillow tightly, bouncing up and down on the couch. Yesung always got excited over the smallest things, like whenever they watched those late-night movies, Yesung would squeal and jump whenever the main couple got together.


"That night..."


The last night before that fateful day. Siwon wondered why he didn't sense anything wrong that day. Yesung said he was having a bad hair day, his eyes were puffy and he refused to leave the house. Falling back asleep, the confused Siwon stared blankly at the small figure sprawled at one corner of the couch.

Siwon had looked forward to dinner together, and he sulked, quietly taking off his jacket. He picked up the phone and ordered take out before closing the curtains.

Without knowing how many hours passed, Siwon ate and watched DVDs on the couch with the sleeping Yesung. 

Siwon heard the sound of Yesung's breath as the older one leaned against his shoulder, and slowly, began thinking it was a good thing they didn't go out.

Siwon watched helplessly as the figment of his imagination fade to dust.


"It's ridiculous. Why are these memories still tormenting me?"

Remembering the times they talked on the couch till midnight, Siwon unexpectedly recalled the weird senseless jokes Yesung made and fell apart, throwing the fruit he had in his hands onto the coffee table.

Trying to distract himself, he picked the nearest book he could find to indulge him, only to be a painful reminder when he realized the book was a romance-themed.


Moments they shared that were meaningless to Siwon overthrew him again today, and he reminisced about the faces Yesung used to make. 

He missed those stupid faces Yesung made to cheer him up. He missed having Yesung's warmth, he missed Yesung's voice, he missed Yesung.




Siwon broke apart.




"Why did you fall for Jaejoong?"



Siwon angrily tore out the page containing the lovers' kiss scene. He flung the book at the TV cabinet, followed by a loud crash and the sound of shattering glass that resembled Siwon's heart.

Siwon threw himself onto the carpet and let his tears flow freely. In exchange, he was flooded with broken memories of their first few meetings.

Yesung would always be at the bar, right at the corner. Hands laying on top of each other on his left leg, Yesung would just order Vodka and nothing else. He'd yawn and look at the tear he wiped away and laugh like an idiot, showing the prominent dimples on both cheeks.

Yesung had his pinky finger always stick out while he drank, and his glossy dark brown hair shined in perfection, contrasting the clumsy chopstick skills Yesung possessed.

Siwon always found that a charm.

Yesung's full lips, Siwon wished for those to be his forever.

This autobiographical memory twists my heart
Flips me upside down, with never ending tears
See love could shake a hurricane


Siwon heard the raindrops pelting on the window, as if blowing against his feelings. One drop, one drop, the little memories, just like how the alcohol Siwon drank became empty, their shared memories become transparent.

No matter how desperately Siwon tried to bring them back.

The memories of us I can never make it again...
Like yesterday night’s dream, it’s so clear, but it’s gone.


Siwon walked towards the bathroom as the wonderful memories he shared with Yesung flushed through him. Jaejoong took them all away. But was Jaejoong really to blame?

Siwon chuckled. He and Yesung were never meant to be. Fate wanted Yesung and Jaejoong to be together, not him.

He slipped out the bottle of pills from the medicine cabinet and walked back to the living room, staring at the mess he made.


I can’t let go
I see you no matter where I look
(My crumbling heart)
I can’t hide
Baby for one minute, one second
(Even if time stops, my heart stops)


"I can't let go." Siwon mumbled quietly, tears streaking down the man's face. He poured out the entire bottle of pills into his hand, letting the excess drop off.



I can’t let go
I hear your voice no matter where I go
(My broken heart)
I can’t breathe
Baby for one minute, one second
Even for one moment, one minute, one second


"This is the only way." Siwon muttered listlessly, and he brought his hand up to his mouth.



Even for one moment, (for one minute, one second)
Even for one moment, (for one minute, one second)
Even for one moment, (for one minute, one second)
I can’t let go


Siwon gave himself one last moment of grace to appreciate the memories he and Yesung shared. Yesung's voice ringing through his head, the countless secrets they shared, the tears that uncontrollably flowed out of Siwon's gorgeous eyes.


I can’t let go
(The whisper that takes my breath away)
For one moment
(Our sweet secrets)
For us who is as sad as our love was beautiful
(Can my tears still remember you?)


He closed his eyes and recalled the habits Yesung had, forcing more memories to intrude his mind.



I can’t let go
(Our quirks and habits)
For one moment
(The beautiful moments)
Still for one moment
For one minute, one second


Siwon smiled. He poured the whole pile of pills into his mouth and gulped them down.


"We can’t go back."

Those last words, he felt himself wavering and losing consciousness.

For one minute, one second.





Thud.

----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------


>_< Please don't hate Yesung or Jaejoong for this! I hope you guys enjoyed it. I really liked Epik High's One Minute One Second lyrics, and I thought it was just so beautiful so I kept reading it again and again, the scenes playing in my mind.

Here's the video. Thanks for reading! And I'm going to write another chapter for this >_< (If anyone is even reading, LOL) And comments are loved!