The Start Of The War

Golden Girl

There was a knock at the door. Kris looked up and then smiled at Feore. She grinned at him and hopped up. The two of them walked out of the living room and down the hall. They reached the door and Feore took a deep breath. Kris patted her head and smiled at her again before opening the door. Once the door opened Kris was ambushed by one girl in particular. She was a little taller than Feore. She had pale skin, long flowing wavy ebony hair. She had a beautiful face and her nose was sprinkled with light freckles. She hugged Kris tightly around the waist. He stumbled back a bit and held his glass up so it wouldn't spill. Another girl stepped in who looked just like the girl attacking Kris, just shorter. She gave Kris a tiny hug before she came to stand over beside Feore. She leaned in and whispered.

 

She's crazy, I know, but she's my sister. We haven't been here to visit in almost a month.” Feore nodded her head in understanding and smiled back at her.

 

My name is Icis, by the way. You are?”

 

Feore. I'm kinda new around here you could say.” Icis smiled at her and put her hand on the younger's shoulder.

 

Looks like we're in the same boat, sister.” They both giggled.

 

Rane, can you stop breaking my ribs please? I missed you too.” She pulled away from him. Her eyes teary.

 

Kris! I missed you too! Where is chen? I need to see him.” Kris pointed towards the living room. She literally ran down the hall. Feore and Icis giggled. Next to make their entrance was a tall, pale, beautiful girl with short black boyish hair. She had clear tan eyes. Like those of a cat. She smiled at Kris before giving him a hug.

 

Long time no see, dragon.” Her velvet, sultry voice declared. She was like a goddess. She reminded Feore of her mother. Just younger, with shorter hair, and cat eyes.

 

Nice to see you too, Laci. Meet Feore, our newest member.” He gestured toward Feore. She smiled and waved. Laci walked over and gave her a light hug.

 

So, did Kris force you into this line of work? If he ever hurts you, you tell me and I'll whip him into shape!” Laci winked slyly at Feore so Kris wouldn't see.

 

Hey! That's not true at all!” He countered. We all just laughed and Laci made her way to the living room.

 

Next in was a short girl with short burgundy hair. She smiled and flashed dimples that immediately reminded her of Lay. She hugged Kris quickly and turned to see Feore standing next to Icis. She smiled and walked over to shake the younger girl's hand.

 

I'm Rio. Nice to meet you. Are you new?” Her voice was so soft and sweet. Feore shook her head, at a loss for words. Rio chuckled softly and bowed before leaving. The last to walk in were twins! They both had dark blonde hair and gorgeous chocolate eyes. They both bombarded Kris similarly to how Rane had done before. He laughed at the two before introducing them to Feore. They both then hugged Feore in the same fashion. Almost causing her to spill her drink.

 

Do you think you could hold this for me.” Feore handed her drink to Icis who was still giggling at her friends' immaturity.

 

I'm Leighton.”

 

And I'm Luna.” The other said.

 

I'm the oldest though.” Luna stated matter of factly.

 

We were born on the same day baka!” Leighton said in mock annoyance.

 

But I was born first. I'm the golden child.” She smiled widely as her sister slapped her arm playfully.

 

Let's head back to the others.” Kris said. They all walked back into the living room. When they walked in Feore was ambushed by Rane.

 

I'm Rane by the way. I didn't see you by the door. I would've hugged you then. I was so preoccupied.” Feore smiled at her and patted her shoulder.

 

It's okay! It's nice to meet you.” They all sat and chit chatted except for a few. Rane was practically Chen who Feore soon found out was her boyfriend of two years. And the twins were on either side of Xuimin clinging to his arms protectively. Not too sure what their relationship was. Lay and Rio were idly chatting smiling every now and then showing their dimples. What a cute couple they'd make. Feore thought to herself.

 

There was a loud 'dong'. It made Feore jump up. Kris patted her back and smiled at her. She smiled back up at him. Everyone stood and set their drinks on the table.

 

What's going on?” Feore asked.

 

Dinner's ready. Let's go eat.” Dinner was fun and hilarious. Lay, Xuimin, and Chen were throwing food and joking around. Even going as far as to stick things up their noses and see who could snort them the farthest. They all laughed and had a blast. It was around 12:30 when dinner finally ended. Feore was tired out from her day and a bit tipsy from all the champagne. The others were laughing and heading back to the living room. She tugged Kris' sleeve gently and he leaned down.

 

Oppa, I'm sleepy. And I think I'm a little drunk.” Kris chuckled and took her upstairs. He led her to a empty room down the hall. It was beautiful and the bed looked so inviting. Everything was burgundy and black. It was fit for a queen. The bed sheets were soft to the touch and embroidered with majestic swirls. She smiled. Kris motioned for her to follow him. They entered the bathroom and there were the same black/burgundy swirly decorations on everything. Soap dispensers, towels, rugs...

 

If you want to take a shower here's the bathroom. The towels are in this cabinet here. And,” He pulled back the shower curtains to reveal different sponges and brushes along with a wide variety of shampoos and body washes stacked on the shelves embedded into the wall of the bath. “We have a pretty nice variety of soaps and whatnot.”

 

Wait, I don't have any pajamas. Or school clothes to wear tomorrow. Or underwear!” Kris smiled.

 

Just give all your clothes to the maid. She'll have them washed and everything for you tomorrow. Lay will drive you to school tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't do it. I have other business to attend to.” He walked out of the bathroom and over to a small box over by the door. He pressed it and began speaking in Mandarin.

 

Feore yǒu míngtiān xūyào xǐ de yīfú.” Feore tilted her head. She really needed to learn that.

 

“Méiguānxì.” Another voice said on the other line.

 

“She'll be here shortly. I guess I'll leave you to your devices. Goodnight, chick-let.” Feore giggled at the nickname. She hugged Kris and waved goodbye. She went into the bathroom and started the shower. She stripped quickly and hopped in. She was rinsing her hair when she heard a commotion in there with her. Startled, she called out.

 

“Hello? Is someone there?”

 

“Ah, it's just me. I'm getting your clothes!” Feore sighed in relief. No one was trying to creep. Great! All of a sudden the shower curtain was snatched back. Feore tried in vain to cover herself. The maid was there smiling mischievously. Feore yelped in surprise and embarrassment.

 

“No need to cover yourself! We're both girls here. Just wanted to see how you looked.” She extended her hand. Feore looked at it, shocked, before cautiously taking it.

 

“I'm Seoyeon. At your service! The word is you're the new trainee! I hope you don't flake as fast as the others usually do. Oh! By the way, next time you see Kris call him Dui Zhang for me. See his reaction.” She giggled before closing the curtain and making her way out. Feore just stood there under the hot water completely dumbfounded at what just happened. She shrugged it off and finished her shower before grabbing a towel and making her way back to the room. It was cool in there. On the bed she saw a cute little nightgown/jersey with ducks on it. She giggled at the matching underwear that were on top of it. She quickly got dressed and wrapped the towel around her dripping locks. She didn't want to mess up the silk pillows with her wet hair so she went to the bathroom to look for a blow dryer. No luck. She decided to ask Kris. She stepped out of her room and rammed into someone. She fell to the ground with someone heavy on top of her groaning.

 

“I thought you were sleepy chick-let?” Kris' deep voice floated in her ears. He began to stand, a little off balance. He must be drunk she thought to herself.

 

“I am. I just needed a blow dryer.” He smiled and helped her up.

 

“Here, follow me.” He walked down the hall and around a corner with Feore tailing him. He wasn't necessarily walking fast, but he had extremely long legs and it was hard for the much smaller girl to keep up. He finally stopped at a room at the end of the hall. He opened the door and let her in. It was similar to hers. A bit bigger, minus all the swirls and lace also. Everything was black. On the wall where his headboard was there was a huge elegant dragon painted on the wall. His misty aura radiating from him in smoky tendrils. She stopped by the bed while he went plundering in the bathroom. So this is why thy call him Dragon? He came back with what she needed soon after.

 

“Is there anything you don't have here, Dui Zhang?” Kris looked a bit surprised. He raised his eyebrows before chuckled and nodding his head playfully.

 

“We don't have helicopters, jets, bomb squads, elephants, lions..”

 

“Okay, okay! I get it.” Feore rolled her eyes and laughed at his sly reply. Kris ruffled the towel on her head and lead her to the door.

 

“Where did you learn that?”

 

“It's my secret, leader. Night!”

 

“Night.” She hopped back to her room and dried her hair. When she thought it was good enough she plopped down in her new bed. She hurriedly snatched the covers back and climbed under. It was softer than she'd originally thought. It was perfect. Her bed at home wasn't half bad either. The only real difference was this bed was where home was.

 

 

 

~ ~

 

There was a knock. Feore sprang up. Her head throbbing just slightly. The beginnings of a headache creeping up.

 

Come in.” Seoyeon popped her head in. Smiling that wide toothy grin of hers. It made Feore smile just seeing her. She had a happy aura about her. It was intoxicating.

 

I have your school clothes sleepy head.” She set the clothes on the bed and then she came and handed her the cup of water she had. She reached in her apron pocket and puled out two ibuprofen. She dropped the pills in Feore's hand, who was surprised.

 

How did you know?” Feore questioned before popping them in and taking a few gulps of her water.

 

When these boys party, they party hard. It's just something I carry with me at all times. They need it a lot of the time. The others were really hitting the bottle last night so I have a few more in here.” She laughed heartily before turning to leave.

 

Hurry n' get dressed. I'm gonna go get Lay out of the bed.” She left, closing the door behind her. Feore quickly got up and got dressed. Her hair was a curly majestic mess! She was going to flat-iron it, but her current sleepy state prevented that. She just brushed it so it wasn't so wild looking and walked out. She went downstairs into the kitchen. There was a heavenly smell wafting out of the room. She hadn't realized how hungry she was until her stomach began to twist and growl inside of her. She walked in to see Kris in black sweat pants and a white tank. He was at the stove flipping pancakes. There were separate plates with bacon, eggs, and toast. He turned and grinned at her.

 

Morning Shirley Temple.” Kris joked. He then began to laugh at his own joke. Feore just stood there with her arms across her chest smiling at his immense immaturity. For people that were much older than her they were really goofy.

 

So I see you're full of jokes this morning. And breakfast making!” She plopped down on one of the stools of the bar and watched him finish cooking. He flipped two pancakes on an empty plate. He added bacon, eggs, and some toast. He poured some orange juice and set them down in front of Feore. began to water at the site in front of her. She was so hungry.

 

Bon appetite.” Kris went back to fix another plate. Lay stumbled in. Still in his pajamas. His eyes were squinted and he still had on his pjs. He took a seat next to her and passed the syrup. He smiled and began speaking to Kris.

 

Are we set up at the school.”

 

Yeah, they got there around two hours ago. Surrounding the whole place.”

 

Okay.” Lay turned to me and patted my back.

 

We've got you covered young one.” Feore smiled up at him as she finished her breakfast.

 

I'm stuffed.” Lay cracked up at her statement.

 

Are you serious?!? I could eat three times the amount you did and only be half full.” Kris came back with Lay's plate that was stacked with pancakes, bacon, and eggs. He grabbed the syrup and poured it on everything before digging in. Feore snickered at his manly appetite while she sipped her orange juice.

 

I didn't know you could cook so well, Leader.” Kris smiled and sat down on the other side of Feore, his plate stacked as well.

 

It's just something I picked up when I was in Canada. Lay, can you pass me the syrup.” Lay passed the syrup down, never looking up from his plate.

 

Canada? You used to live there?”

 

Yep! Before I came here and got scouted.” Feore nodded.

 

I'm gonna go finish getting ready. See you this afternoon!” Feore called over her shoulder as she skipped out of the kitchen.

 

 

 

~ ~

 

 

Mr. Yue was sitting awake in his bed. He was fully dressed. He couldn't really sleep so he'd gotten ready already. Awaiting his daughter's return. His cell rang and he quickly answered.

 

Hello?”

 

It's me.”

 

How's everything coming along?”

 

Perfect. The original janitor is locked up here. We have a decoy in the school as we speak. He's prepared. School starts in about 45 minutes. He'll wait until lunch starts. He'll nab her then. Is this okay? Or would you like him to do it earlier?”

 

That's fine.”

 

You should get some rest. Everything is assured.”

 

Okay. Bye Taecyeon. And thank you.”

 

You're welcome, sir.” He hung up. The plan was in motion. He didn't have much to worry about so he drifted off to sleep.

 

 

~ ~

 

 

Feore got out of the car. Lay waved goodbye.

 

Have a good day Shirley.” Feore laughed and waved back at him. She just wanted today to be over so she could go back home. To her new home. Icis and her sister were gonna be there to teach her how to properly shoot a gun and conceal other weapons. Tao was even going to teach her some Wushu! That should be interesting and exciting. First and second period were a bore. She was happy when lunch finally came. It meant she got to go eat, finally. She was starving. And she was going out to lunch with Lay. She was on her way down the hall when she heard her name. She turned to see one of the janitors.

 

Yes?”

 

Ah...could you help me bring some of this stuff downstairs? Just the bucket. I can take care of the rest. I'm trying to limit my time on the stairs since I sprained my knee. If it's not too much trouble though? If you're busy you don't have to.” Feore's good Samaritan instinct kicked in and she quickly walked over and grabbed the bucket.

 

Just tell me where to go! I'm happy to help.” The janitor smiled and motioned for her to go downstairs. She quickly made her way down. When she got to the bottom of the stairs she stopped in from of the closet there. She set the bucket down and opened the door to the janitor's closet. Suddenly there was a clothed hand around and nose. She screamed and fought desperately to get away, but she made the mistake of inhaling. She felt the drowse hit her like a train. She still fought until she couldn't anymore. Until the dark of unconsciousness overtook her.

 

The janitor lifted her up over his shoulder and gently placed her into the large laundry bin. He placed a few blankets and uniforms on top of her and headed for the back door. He rolled the bin to his truck and expertly lifted it into the back. He looked at the driver in the black car in the parking lot not too far away. The driver was looking at him. He smiled and waved. The driver nodded his head at him and continued to wait for someone he wouldn't be seeing any time soon. He closed the back of the truck and looked back over to the driver. He was on the phone and he looked troubled. He jogged to the front of the truck and drove off.

 

 

~ ~

 

 

Lay had a bad feeling about the creepy old janitor. It could've been the way he randomly smiled and waved at him or just the fact that Lay didn't like janitors. They were always sooo creepy. His phone rang and he picked it up. It was Kris.

 

Did you pick her up yet?”

 

No, she hasn't come out yet. Should I go in?”

 

Yes. Hurry up.” Lay flipped his phone shut and stepped out of his dark vehicle. He looked over and the janitor was driving off still smiling at him. He shrugged it off and walked to the school doors. A few girls came out and he briefly stopped them.

 

Have you guys seen Feore? Do you know if she's still in class?” Most of them looked at each other and shook their heads. One girl spoke up.

 

Last time I saw her she was helping the janitor bring some stuff down stairs.” Lay's eyes went wide. His heart sped up and he pressed the panic button he had in his pocket, alerting all of the people surrounding the school that there had been a breach. He pressed the button on his ear-piece and sent orders fast and rapid.

 

She's been kidnapped. It was the janitor! I want you all on his , now!” Lay ran back to the car and pulled out his phone dialing Kris' number. He started the car and began to pull off when he finally picked up.

 

What's up?”

 

He got her!”

 

W-What? How? We had that place on complete lock-down!”

 

They got someone to dress up as a damn janitor. He took her out in a laundry bin. I didn't know until I asked some girls who were exiting. One of em' said she was helping the freakin' janitor take stuff downstairs.”

 

What the hell?? Get on him!! I want him caught! Now!”

 

I'm on it boss. I've already got all of our units on him.”

 

Alright. God! That bastard is gonna get it. I swear to god. He'll get enough of crossing me.” With that Kris hung up. Lay flipped the phone shut and raced down the road.

 

 

~ ~

 

 

Kris was pacing. He was beyond pissed. He was irate! If the man wasn't her father he'd have him slaughtered. Tao walked in.

 

I got the message from Lay. Do you want me to lend my services, Yifan?” Kris ran an angry hand through his hair and pinched the bridge of his nose. Something he did often when he was stressed.

 

Yes. Just ing...find her! Once he gets her, he's gonna flee. I know it.” Tao nodded and left the room. Kris knew he could count on Tao. He knew he could count on the other members too, but Tao was great when it came to tracking people. Hunting them. He was your modern day ninja to put it simply. He was just glad Tao was on his side and not someone elses. Because he was very formidable. Icis and Rane burst through the door.

 

What is going on, Kris??” Rane questioned. She pulled out her Colt at that moment and loaded it. Slinging the roll back into place. She had her game-face on and she was ready to play.

 

Her father got some people to kidnap her back. I've got everyone in the unit on this. Don't worry.”

 

Put us out there.” Kris ran a hand through his hair again and sighed deeply.

 

I don't know if he has units out there yet. I'm not wasting good men out there.”

 

We're not men.”

 

But you're valuable! And I'm not risking it until I know exactly what the hell is going on.” Rane sighed and stuffed her gun in between her belt. Kris took off his blazer and ed his shirt. He went into the cabinet on the far left of his office and pulled out BPVs. He strapped Rane and Icis up and then himself. He redressed and motioned for them to follow. When he got downstairs, Tao was waiting for them along with the twins and Laci. The twins held automatic shot guns, Laci preferred automatic 45s one in each hand and then some hidden all over her person. Tao had his favorite kitana strapped to his back and his Russian Groza Assault Rifle. They were set.

 

Where's Rio?” Rane asked.

 

She's got her snipe. She's holding down the fort with LuHan, Xuimin, and Chen.” Rane nodded. They all went out and hopped in the van. The war was on.