Getting To Know You

Golden Girl

Kris sat at his desk looking through Mr. Yue's files. He silently thanked god he had a really talented hacker working for him. Mr. Yue was beginning to become a problem. He owed Kris a lot of money. A couple million bucks to be exact. He was late on his payback date and that was an issue. It was his 3rd one this year and Kris' patience was NOT very great. He had threatened every possible threat to Yue and he didn't listen. He didn't even bat an eye. He had threatened to clean out all of his bank accounts, bomb all of his corporate buildings, and so on and he hadn't even flinched. It was possible for him to do all of that, but he wanted to play fair. He had a reputation to uphold. He wanted his money and he wanted it now. He was looking for something. Anything that he might hold dear enough to him that if it was threatened, he'd give in. He was clicking through a few other files when he came upon one that made him smirk in that sly way he did when he was about to do something evil. He had family? A wife. Nice, thin, lady with big doe eyes and long jet black hair. A beautiful Osaka lady. He'd seen her in person before. Mr. Yue didn't seem to care much for the woman. They fought all the time and just recently she divorced him and took half of everything he had. The only thing she couldn't win, however, was their only child. A daughter. Her name was Feore. She was quite gorgeous. She took more after her father who was of Egyptian descent. She had those same golden eyes, pouty lips, freckles, and tan skin. Kris decided that the freckles looked much better on her though. Freckles on her father looked....strange to say the least. The girl was really cute. He pulled up more recent pictures of her and she'd bleached her hair blonde. It was a huge contrast, but it made her beauty stand out even more. She looked like a doll. Why am I fan boying over a 17 year old girl?!?! He shook his head and got back on track. He had a job to do.

 

Kris quickly looked up what school she went to and logged off of his office computer. He texted Lay, his closest friend, to pack up and get the car ready. They were about to get things started in his favor and he could hardly control that familiar smile that crept up on his face. He was about to get his money. At last.

 

 

~ ~

 

 

 

Feore read the last chapter that she could possibly read from this immensely boring “Myths of the Greek Times” book. She was doing a project on Greek Myths and she was soon beginning to regret it. I should have picked Biology...or something.

 

Once she was done reading, she stuffed the book in her book bag and slung it over her shoulder and quickly headed down the hall. She needed to get out before she went insane. She was in her last year of high school. She was so close to finishing and senior-itis was kicking in with a vengence. She liked her new outfit today. She was displaying what she thought, as the student body counselor, should be the new female uniform. White collar button down shirt with puffed sleeves, jet black pencil skirt, and she added her thigh-high black socks and all black Adidas to give it more of a “Feore” look. She had her long blonde hair pinned back with a white bow. She looked kinda cute to be honest. She had gotten approving looks from all of the female body, skeptical looks from the staff and teachers, and wanton looks from the males. They all wanted her and she knew they did. Even a few of the girls did. Who could blame them though? She was gorgeous. Quite beautiful. Like, her mother. And to top it all off she had a personality to match. She was never mean or rude, unless they deserved it. One of the traits she'd taken from her mom. She missed her mother a great much. She hated when they started to fight. It was over her, too and she felt guilty that there was nothing she could do to stop it. Her father wanted her to learn more about her Egyptian roots and wanted to move to Egypt. Start a new life. He wanted her to learn his ways and someday take over his business. Her mother wanted her to learn more about her Japanese roots and wanted to move to Japan. Somewhere out in the country in a house by the sea. She wanted Feore to live a peaceful life. She was torn. She wanted to do both, but they were both so stubborn that they didn't want to share. In a way, it was their own selfishness that made things the way they were now.

 

She sighed as she finally made it out of the building. The warm summer air hit her. The breeze was heavenly and she smiled into it. She started down the street to her house. She liked to walk. It made her seem more normal, like everyone else. She was the only person at her school who was escorted to and fro in a luxurious stretch limo. The main reason she refused to ride anymore was because of the driver. He was a creeper and he was always hitting on her. So instead of being rude and telling him off she just decided to avoid him altogether. Her father hated when she walked home. Something could always “happen”, he said. He seemed to be extremely paranoid lately. Was it stress from work? The divorce? She hated how over-protective her father had been as of late. They had gotten into a fight this morning and she was ignoring him. He just out of the blue said that she wasn't allowed to go anywhere anymore. He wanted her to stay home. He didn't even want her to go to school, but she went anyways. She can't afford to miss out on her studies now. Especially with the project due in two weeks. Her phone was vibrating in the pocket in her skirt. She flipped it open to see “Daddy” flashing on the screen. She avidly flipped it closed and stuffed it back into her pocket. A black car drove up and the window rolled down. A very handsome blonde guy was sitting in the drivers seat. Another guy in the passenger’s seat got out and walked to her side and opened the door to the back. She nervously took a step back. Debating on whether or not she should run.

 

Come with us. It's of grave importance.” The blonde guy said. The other dark-haired guy came closer to her and gently grasped her fore-arm.

 

Please, don't struggle.” Feore looked horrified. Was she being kidnapped?

 

B-But, my dad. He's expecting m-me home soon. I'll get in tr-trouble...” The dark-haired guy smiled reassuringly at her. His dimples showing. They were cute and made her feel a little calmer. She sighed shakily and entered the car, not wanting to cause a scene. She was scared. Her hands were shaking. Her breaths shallow. The dark-haired guy entered the car again, turned to her and held his hand out. She took it shakily. His hand was large and warm. He smiled that smile again.

 

Don't worry sweetie, we'll take good care of you.” Feore hesitantly shook her head. The blonde haired guy spoke again as they drove off.

 

I'll explain what's going on when we get to where we need to be.” His voice was deep and husky and quite intimidating. She sat back and buckled her seat belt.

 

 

 

~ ~

 

 

 

Kris pulled up to the base-house. It was one of many and also his favorite. He looked in his rear-view and the young girl was looking out the window in awe. The palace he called home was pretty impressive. The hedges were currently being tended to and the ponds being filtered and cleaned. He made sure the place was always in good shape. The gray stones gave the house a castle feel to it. Wasn't too bad in his opinion and it was obvious with the way the young girl was looking that she was also impressed. He smiled to himself as they pulled up. He got out and opened the door for her. He took her hand and led her into the house.

 

 

~ ~

 

 

Feore's breath caught in as the blonde guy held her hand. It was kind of unexpected. She took it none the less and was led by him into the large house. The black suit he and his partner were wearing were nice. They looked pretty pricey too. Were these guys some of her father's associates or something.

 

Do you guys work for my dad? Did something happen to him?” Feore questioned. Looking up at the two men expectantly. The taller of the two, the blonde, looked down first. He gave a sarcastic smile before he answered.

 

No, we don't, sadly. But we do deal with him. And no, he's fine.” the blonde smiled at the dark-haired guy then they both chuckled. As they entered the house Feore was amazed at how beautiful and elegant everything was. The stairs on either side of the entrance hall were laced with blood red cherry wood and the carpet on the stairs were whiter than clouds. The floor was adorned with the same dark wood. The statues and paintings that were placed strategically all in the entrance room and down the hall had to be priceless. Feore halted, forgetting her manners.

 

What's wrong?” The dark haired man asked.

 

My shoes..” Feore attempted to explain, but she only got a small chuckle from the other.

 

Come on, it's totally fine. Thanks for being polite though.” She smiled back at him and stepped over the threshold. They walked down the entrance hall and into a room with four other men who were also dressed in black suits. What's up with that? Feore thought to herself. They all stood when the three entered the room and the blonde guy began to talk.

 

All right. Here's the deal. This is Feore. She'll be staying with us for a little while until things get straightened out. I don't want any outsiders bothering her. I have some things to look over so get aquainted.”

He looked down at Feore before finishing.

My name is Kris by the way. Call me if you need anything.”

 

The other men in the room nodded and the blonde guy, named Kris, let go of Feore's hand. She had completely forgotten he was still holding it and felt a little sorrow at the loss. She looked after him until he rounded the corner. She looked back at the other five men in the room who were exchanging glances. The dark-haired guy from the car was the first to speak.

 

My name is Yixing, but you can call me Lay. Everyone does, but if you prefer Yixing you can call me that too.” Then he flashed her that adorable smile again, his dimples showing. They soon became her favorite feature on the man. He extended his hand out again and she took it and smiled.

 

The next to go was a baby-faced guy with light brown wavy locks.

Hi, my name is LuHan. Nice to meet you Feore. I hope we can become friends.” He smiled widely at her before extending his hand. It was soft and a bit smaller than Lay's.

 

Next was a guy with beautiful chocolate brown hair and a cute chubby face.

I am Minseok. I'm the oldest...and the cutest,” LuHan snorted quietly at his comment. He got a playful glare from Minseok. “You can call me Xiumin though if you want.” She shook his hand and smiled at them. So far everyone was nice.

 

Next was a slightly taller guy with a down to earth smile and dark short hair.

I'm Chen. Nice to meet you Feore.” He said quietly and smiled. She shook his hand and noticed it was a little shaky. Maybe he was a bit more nervous than she was.

 

And the last was a tall guy with jet black hair. He looked a bit menacing. She became scared. He swiftly took her hand and bowed, placing the back of her palm to his forehead before he stood and spoke.

I am Tao. The youngest. I am pleased to meet you Ms. Yue.” Feore placed her other hand against his and bowed. She shot him a shy smile, still a bit intimidated. And she saw the side of his pouty lips curl up. Just a little bit.

 

Well,” Lay began. “We've all been introduced. I'm starving. Who's going to cook for us?” LuHan and Xiumin were the first to raise their hands. Totally excited and eager.

 

Ooh ooh! Pick us!” Lay smiled and rolled his eyes dramatically at the two before nodding and waving them off.

 

Alright, alright. What do you guys plan on making anyways?”

 

Curry!” LuHan shouted.

 

With meat buns!” Xiumin shouted, following suit.

 

Feore smiled at them. They all seemed to be really close, like brothers and thankfully, everyone was friendly. She wasn't very good at dealing with cold people. The duo were about to go to the kitchen when LuHan stopped and turned to Feore.

 

Come with us! We could use the help. Plus it'll give you a chance to see the house.” Feore looked back at the other three boys who all nodded and waved them off. LuHan instinctively took her arm and dragged her down the hall to catch up with Xiumin.

Yah! Xiumin! Wait up! I have Feore!” Xuimin turned and smiled gleefully. When LuHan and Feore had caught up with him he took hold of her free arm.

 

So, how do you like the place so far Fee-Fee? Can I call you that? I think it kind of suits you.” Feore giggled at the cute nickname and nodded her approval.

 

It's beautiful here. Really! And it's cool if you call me Fee-Fee. I don't mind. All of you guys seem so nice! I just hope my dad isn't too worried. I think I should call him.” As Feore pulled out her phone Xuimin stopped and gently grabbed her wrist.

 

Wait, have you talked to Kris about why you're here yet?” Feore stopped and looked thoughtfully for a moment before shaking her head. LuHan pouted and slapped his hand on his hip in a sassy manner that made Feore smile.

 

That punk! How dare he not explain the situation to our guest! We have to go and see him right away Ms. Yue! Come with us!” Feore was dragged in the opposite direction towards the stairs.

 

 

 

~ ~

 

 

Kris was at his computer reading the ten e-mails he'd gotten from Mr. Yue. He was outraged. This is the exact reaction he was expecting. He composed a message to Mr. Yue entitled “PAYBACK”

 

Hello,

 

If you want your daughter back...unscathed, you'll pay me my money back. I don't care if it's cash, money order, or bank transfer, but I want it ASAP. I won't do anything to your precious jewel if you do exactly what I say. I can't recommend her safety. My members can be quite...merciless. She might not come back as innocent as she came. Don't force my hand Mr. Yue. You have a beautiful daughter. And a beautiful ex-wife. If need be, I will fly someone over to Osaka to retrieve her also. You will find that when dealing with me, if you don't play fair neither will I Mr. Yue. I will wait as long as it takes. As long as I get what's mine. But do be warned, the longer it takes, the more danger your family may be in.

 

Wu Fan

 

Kris sat back in his chair fully satisfied with his work. Mr. Yue was sure to give in at this point. He had to. He wasn't going to hurt the girl, but if Yue was still being stubborn after that message he would have to resort to drastic measures. And that would mean kidnapping his ex-wife also. These are some of the cons of running my type of business...Kris thought to himself.

 

Just then LuHan, Xuimin, and Feore busted through the doors. His two members were clinging to either side of the girl and both had disapproving looks on their faces.

 

...What?” Kris asked in slight annoyance.

 

You forgot to explain to our guest what the situation was!” LuHan hissed.

 

We'll leave you two to talk things over.” Xuimin said. The two members left the room and closed the door behind them. Feore was left standing there in front of his desk looking all flustered and cute. Cute? I need to stop fan boying! I'm 21 for god's sake!!

 

Here's the deal.” Kris sat up in his chair and fully faced the young girl. He propped his chin up on his folded hands.

 

Have a seat, Feore.” He motioned for her to sit in either of the two chairs in front of his desk.

 

I'm not sure how to put this in a gentle manner so I'll say it bluntly,” Kris took a deep breath before continuing.

 

I'm a gang lord. And you're my hostage.”

 

UGH~!!! This chapter is so SHORT!! But don't worry. I have more in store!! I PROMISE!! Tell me what you guys think! so far.. >:D