Something New

Golden Girl

Kris stopped and searched her features for any signs that she might start freaking out before he continued with his explanation.

 

Your father owes me considerable amounts of money. To be exact, he owes me $7,000,000.00. I've warned him periodically this year and he said he would pay. I've waited long enough and now I'm taking drastic measures. Sadly, Ms. Yue I'm keeping you hostage until he pays me. I hope that your stay won't be long. I'll see to that you're comfortable through out your stay. I can promise that. I'll have someone you to and from school. Until it becomes an issue. Don't try to escape Ms. Yue or tell anyone that we've kidnapped you. There won't be any escaping. And whom ever you tell, we'll be forced to....eliminate them. If you catch my drift. Is there anything you'd like to state or inquire about?”

 

Kris waited patiently for a reply. Feore sat and contemplated everything he had said just now. They sat for a good three minutes before she spoke.

 

Does that mean...my father is a gang-lord too. Like, a rival of some sorts?”

 

You could say that, but not really.” Feore looked a bit troubled. Her father most likely hadn't told her about his dealings.

He isn't exactly a gang-lord, per say, but he does deal with a lot of us and he's ripped a lot of us off. After he's ripped us, he takes us out. But I'm the largest and strongest here in South Korea. It's going to take more than his petty goons to get rid of me and take my property.”

 

I see. Well what was he-” She was cut off when her phone began vibrating in her pocket again. She looked and it in annoyance. It was her dad for the millionth time today.

Can I take this please?” Kris nodded his approval before leaning back in his chair again.

 

 

 

~ ~

 

 

 

Feore stood and began to pace nervously before she finally hit the answer button.

 

Jesus Christ, Feore!! I've been trying to call you all day! Where the hell are you?? It's way past time for you to be home! You're in danger. You need to come home NOW!” His voice was urgent and laced with worry.

 

Dad, calm down. I'm fine. I was kinda avoiding you was because of the fight we got into this morning. I just wanted time to cool off.” She tried to explain to her hysterical father.

 

Feore! You're in danger you can cool off later!! I got threatening e-mails this morning and I'm worried that something is going to hap-”

 

It already happened. Dad, I'm sorry. I-”

 

W-What?? Jesus, Feore. Where are you? I'm coming to get you now! Get away from the people there!”

 

I-I'm..” There was an audible snap coming from behind her. She looked to see Kris shaking his head in disapproval. She couldn't tell him where she was. Kris seemed like a nice guy, but she wasn't sure what he was capable of and she didn't want to try him and see.

 

I don't know where I am.”

 

You dont- What?? Did they drug you??”

 

No. I went willingly. I was scared. What was I suppose to do? Plus, I'm not really in a position to just blab away my location-”

 

Feore!! What is wrong with you!?! You should have screamed and fought back?!? See, this is why I have a car drive you back and forth. If you weren't so damn stubborn like your stupid mother, none of this would have happened!! You're going to end up just like her. A two-faced, gold-digging WENCH~! Or worse! If you like those thugs so much you can stay there with them. I don't care anymore...I'm tired of worrying myself over someone like that.”

 

Feore felt that familiar stab of pain in her chest. Except now it hurt more. It really did feel like she was being stabbed. The real truth, she'd learned, is told in two situations: when the mind is drunk and when the mind is angry. She couldn't help the hand that flew to hover over her heart. It's normal steady flutter was replaced by hard, strained throbs. And she felt the tears welling up in her eyes threatening to spill over. She was quiet and didn't say anything. There was nothing more to say. He was no longer a father to her anymore, she decided. Just a stranger she just happened to live with.

 

 

~ ~

 

 

Kris was observing the teen. Her father had said something to upset her. He stood slowly and walked over to where her frozen frame was and put a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him with those big golden eyes filled with tears and he felt a spark of anger rise in him. Someone like her shouldn't be crying. Her own father shouldn't be the one making her cry either. Ungrateful swine... He held his hand out and she handed him the phone before wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.

 

Feore? Feore, honey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it...Hello?”

 

Hello Mr. Yue.”

 

W-What? Who is this?? Wu Fan?? You filthy piece of CRAP!! I'm gonna gut you like the pig you are-”

 

That's enough. Someone in your current predicament has no right to be making threats such as that. Especially when we have you cornered. All it's gonna take is one little thing and I just might snap Mr. Yue. I'm at the end of my rope.”

 

Wu Fan, don't do anything drastic...” Mr. Yue's voice was laced with fear at this moment. Any remnants of his past anger were now gone.

 

That's better. Now, why are you making your daughter cry? It's a horrible sight to behold. It really is~” He trailed off

 

That's none of your business Wu Fan!”

 

That's fine. I'll make sure she feels better.”

 

Yifan!! Stay away from her!!” Kris disconnected the call and flipped the phone shut. He handed the lime colored cell back to it's sniffling owner.

 

Are you going to be okay, Feore?”

 

I-I'll be fine.” She whispered, barely above a whisper.

 

Come sit down.” He placed his hand on her lower back and led her back to her original seat. He sat back in front of her and ran his hand through his thick hair and grasped the bridge of his nose.

 

Kris?” Feore's small voice squeaked out.

 

Hmm?” He let go of his nose and looked back up to her. Her golden eyes were peering at him, the rims a bit pink from crying. Her pink tinted nose still sniffling slightly. He handed her a tissue from behind his computer before she spoke again.

 

I don't want to go back home.” Kris blinked at her sudden statement.

 

What do you mean? I can't keep you here forever. I'm not your legal guardian. Once your dad pays me, I have to send you home. It's only fair.”

 

In a week it'll be my birthday. I'm turning 18. I can do what I want then.” Kris rose one of his thick eyebrows at the younger

 

So what are you saying?”

 

I'm asking...if I can join your gan - err...company?” Kris smiled. Not just one of his sarcastic smiles, but a full toothy grin. He leaned back in his chair and chuckled darkly.

 

You're too cute to join a gang babe. I can hardly even picture you holding a gun. Plus I'd feel crappy if anything bad happened to you.” Feore pouted and crossed her arms over her chest.

 

I could totally pull it off! Plus I can wear a BPV. So if I did get shot, I'd only have a bruise or something. No hospital time for me.” Kris was still chuckling to himself.

 

I don't know. You can't just JOIN a gang. You gotta earn your wings chick-let.” Feore smiled.

 

Sooo does that mean you'll give me a chance, you'll consider it? Would I be the only girl in your gang?”

 

I guess you could say that. And no. You're not the only one. We have five others and one in training. I think you'll like them.” Feore smiled and clapped her hands together excitedly. She was liking this. She'd never really been in any groups except student body counseling and volley ball. Plus, for the first time in her life, she was actually disobeying her father. She was rebelling. And it felt...kinda good. The thrill was overwhelming.

 

Can I meet them today??” She asked excitedly. Kris smiled and rose another eyebrow.

 

We're in a rush aren't we?” Feore blushed and smiled looking down at her hands.

 

I-I mean, we don't have to. Today. I can wait until you get a chance.” Kris chuckled again and rose from his seat. Feore followed him to the door. He opened it and led her out. She was immediately pounced by the two outside the door.

 

Oh my god! You know about us now. I just want you to know. I've only shot three people and none of them died! I swear!!!” LuHan was explaining frantically as he hugged the life out of the small girl. When he pulled away he looked close to tears. Feore giggled and reassured him everything was fine.

 

I haven't killed anyone either!” Xuimin added as he too hugged Feore.

 

Kris smiled at the scene before him. s were too much to handle.

 

Laci and her crew are gonna be here tonight. She called me this morning. So have the cook make something good for dinner.”

 

LuHan jumped up and cheered. Feore was a bit confused.

 

Who's Laci?” She inquired.

 

Laci and her crew are like our female counter parts. They're the best. I seriously think you'll love them! Specially the youngest. She's 18. Her name is Icis.” Feore gasped in elation. These were the girls Kris was talking about earlier! She was going to meet them!

 

Oh my god! Really?? Kris! You didn't tell me they were coming today!” Kris smiled again before patting her head.

 

You'll like them. This way you can all get acquainted and the training can begin. You'll be training with Icis. She's the beginner I was telling you about.” Feore was so excited and happy she could just burst! Before she was able to say anything else LuHan was dragging her downstairs. And Xuimin walked with Kris.

 

Where are we going?” Feore asked, confused.

 

We have to announce our new member to the rest of the guys. It's tradition Fee-Fee!” The two giggled as they rounded the corner from the stairs and headed down the hall to the living room.

 

Why did she decide so suddenly to be a gang member. I mean, she's a straight A student, she seems like she's never disobeyed her parents, and she's so nice. It's just too good to be true.” Xuimin looked up to the taller man for a response.

 

There's a first time for everything. Look at you. Soon as you graduated from high school you were all too eager to join and look at LUHAN. He's the most sugary-sweet guy you'll ever meet and he's here also. Shooting people...” Kris pointed out. Xuimin nodded and shrugged.

 

What about her father?”

 

I'm not too worried about him. He's not being the best father right now. He made her cry on the phone. Not sure what he said, but it must have hit a nerve. She asked me to join. She's probably tired of dealing with his crap. He's had her under his thumb all her life. This freedom will benefit her. It's her choice.” Kris smiled down at Xuimin, proud of his wise choice of words. Xuimin chuckled and rolled his eyes at the younger man.

 

I bet you think you're the next Great Owl. Next thing ya know you'll be walking around with glowing eyes and eating rats.” The two burst into laughter at the older's slick comment. They finally rounded the corner into the living room where LuHan was tapping his feet impatiently and had his arms folded over his chest. The other four members were standing around waiting also.

 

Our leader has something to announce. So listen carefully!” LuHan stated as he turned to Kris, giving him the floor. The leader motioned for Feore to come closer. She nervously walked next to Kris who put his arm around her tiny shoulders.

 

Feore has decided to enroll. From here on out she's a trainee and shall be treated with the appropriate respect!” The rest of the members clapped and cheered. Even Tao was wearing a smile small.

 

Let's drink to this. I'll go get the champagne.” Lay quickly made his way out of the room towards the kitchen.

 

Chen walked over to their newest addition and smiled shyly before bowing.

Welcome to the family Feore. You'll like it.”

 

Tao followed suit and came over. He was so dark and mysterious. And the fact that he towered over her didn't make it any better.

Welcome...Feore.” Tao gave her a tiny smile before taking her hand and bowing like he had earlier. She giggled at his awkwardness and bowed also. Lay came back a few moments later with an arm full of glasses and champagne in the other.

 

LuHan, hand these out for me.” The hyperactive boy bounced over and grabbed them and handed them out to each member. Even Feore.

 

LuHan, I can't have liquor. I'm not 21 yet.”

 

Neither is Tao. He's not even 20 yet!” Feore looked over at the tall figure who was blushing slightly.

 

How old are you Tao?” Feore asked as she scooted next to him. He looked down at her nervously.

 

19.” Feore smiled at him and patted his shoulder. She turned back to Lay who was trying to open the champagne, but was having a bit of trouble.

 

Yah! Lay! What's taking so long??” Chen asked.

 

This stupid cork is in here pretty good.”

 

Can I try, hyung?” Tao asked quietly. Lay handed him the bottle and he popped the cork with a twist of his wrist. Everyone cheered and Lay rolled his eyes.

 

It's only because of that Martial Arts training. Big deal.” Everyone laughed at Lay and his obvious jealousy. Chen took the bottle and began to fill everyone's glass. When he finished he set it on the table and everyone raised them.

 

To our chick-let. Feore!” Kris announced.

 

To Feore!” Everyone shouted in unison. Everyone took their respective sips or in some people's cases gulps and chugs. Feore hadn't felt so at home in a long while.

 

 

~ ~

 

 

 

Mr. Yue heard the phone disconnect. At last his worst nightmare was coming true. He was almost certain he had hurt his daughter and she was in the hands of Wu Fan who would try to take advantage of her. Her feelings were hurt and he would be the evil hand to wipe away her tears and make her feel at home. He heard his computer 'ding'. He had a new e-mail. He opened up another e-mail from Fan. It read “PAYBACK” he felt his heart speed up. He quickly opened it and began to read.

 

His heart sank. He knew Fan was serious now. He knew he had the power and the materials to do all of these things. He was even planning on going after his ex-wife. He knew they weren't on great terms right now, but she was the love of his life and she still was. He hated her, but he loved her more. And then there was his daughter. His only child. If anything ever happened to her he would never forgive himself or Fan. He needed to act quickly. He called up a few of his contacts and had them set up a plan. He knew he probably wouldn't be able to track down his location currently and if he did Fan would have an army of men there to mow him and his crew down with bullets before he even had a chance to get out of the car. He wasn't sure if Fan was serious about hurting his family, but he didn't want to try him and find out.

 

When did they abduct her?”

 

Technically they didn't. She went willingly. I think they threatened her into getting in the car. God! If only she'd listened to me.”

 

Don't worry sir, we'll get her back. I have a plan. She still has to go to school correct?”

 

Yeah, I guess. If they let her.”

 

We can kidnap her back while she's there. They will most likely have the place surrounded. So we can have someone on the inside nab her. Someone unsuspecting. Like a janitor, maybe?

 

Go on.”

 

This might sound a bit weird, but we could drug her, and have him carry her out in a laundry bin or something. They would never suspect anything. We'll have your daughter at home and safe in no time.”

 

That sounds a bit much. Do you really need to drug her?”

 

Do you think she'll come willingly? You did have a fight, correct?”

 

Yes. Alright, just go ahead with the plan. I swear Taecyeon, if anything happens to her. I'll have your head.”

 

I understand sir. We'll have her home by 4:30. I promise.”

 

Mr. Yue hung up the phone. Taecyeon always did live up to his promises. He hadn't disappointed him yet. He trusted him. More than any of his partners. He just wanted his daughter back. And nothing else.