Absence

Backbone

 

Yeojin isn't surprised to find Donghae absent of their bed, when she wakes in the morning.
It's funny. Because if it weren't for the warmth between her thighs and the love bites on her neck, she would think it was a dream.
 
It was so sudden of him to initiate such intimacy between the two of them, but she didn't dare defy him.
After all, who was she to deny her husband?
 
A part of her felt used, filthy, like a rag. Used only when needed, and tossed aside when not.
Though, another part of her was grateful. At least he could bring herself to touch her. Before last night, it'd been so long since he had.
She knew he'd found someonelse to satisfy those needs, but she was still glad he'd come to her.
 
The bitterness in her heart was hard for Yeojin to deny.
She wished that things would be different. That they could be a family once more.
After all, if not for them, then at least for Jinhae. He was such a sweet child. He deserved better.
 
Lee Yeojin was a broken soul.
For so long now, she'd longed for her husband to be true to them.
She cannot help but wish that they could come to some sort of agreement. The four of them.
She would be willing as long as Jinhae could remain happily with both his parents.
She would except to become the second woman. With Donghae and his lover.
As long as he stayed with them. As long as he didn't abandon them.
 
Yeojin ponders briefly what it would be like, four of them together, as she bustles about the kitchen.
The child, wife, husband, and his lover. What a ridiculous notion.
What kind of life would that be for them? Would they be happy?
She doubted it.
 
She cooks breakfast for three, although she knows Donghae won't be joining them.
After all, she can dream.
 
 
Her precious son wakes up on his own accord, as she's making coffee.
She sees him scooting his bottom down, step by step, as not to hurt himself. He's a smart boy, like his parents.
 
"Oh! Agi!" She exclaims, rushing over to help the one year old.
 
"When did you get up?" She questions, reaching out to pick him up, "Why didn't you call Omma?"
 
"Ani, Ma!!" he protests, shaking his little head, and continuing to scoot his way to the end of the staircase.
 
Yeojin watches proudly as he dusts off his own bottom, and beams up at her with a big grin.
 
"Jinnie good, Ma?" he questions, only now lifting his arms out to be picked up by his mother.
 
She laughs, nodding, "Deh, Jinhae-ah. You did very good." Yeojin tells him as she places him in his high chair.
 
As the child glances about the kitchen, she can't help but feel sad that Donghae wasn't there to witness it.
 
"Pa work?" Jinhae asks, his eyes looking over her in curiousity, when she passes him his sippy cup full of milk.
 
With a frown, Yeojin sighs.
 
"Yes, agi. Appa is at work."
 
----
So, another short update since I've been lacking on this story.
I'd really like more input and opinions on the story so far, because I'm beginning to feel a bit discouraged. So, please do comment and subsrcibe.
 
@ dancelovelybird - Thanks for the comment! ^^ ♥ Fighting!!
 
@ mikeandikelover - Thank you very much! I make them myself, some turn out better than others, but I happen to be very proud of the ones I made for this story. Though I have been a bit too busy, to make posters for the last two chapters, but I intend to once I get a bit more freetime. And, yes, Siwon is one of the "voices of reason" in this story. I think he needed a different part than the "playboy" role he's often given in stories. Thanks for commenting! ^^
 
@ palow_me - Thanks so much!! Donghae is indeed gay in this story. With Eunhyuk, because I really love that couple. ^^ Thank you for commenting!~