Chapter 4: Restaurant

Soulmates & Commitments

 

Message sent.

“Was it your boyfriend?” Sunhee, my colleague at work, asked giddily.

“No, I don’t have a boyfriend,” I smiled.

“But why were you smiling that way while you were replying to his text message?” she asked.

“Well… Let’s just say that person is a crazy child,” I chuckled.

“Alright,” she answered, not pressing the issue further.

I took my phone again and saw the crazy picture Yoseob sent earlier. It was him making a crazy face at their waiting room.

“This guy. Doesn’t he understand that his bright career will go flunking down once I upload this on the internet?” I mumbled silently. Then I smiled again thinking how close the both of us have grown. I don’t even remember how it happened. One day, I just found ourselves texting each other frequently, meeting up whenever our schedules would allow. Not in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that we would be this close.

My phone notified me of a message and I knew it was him.

My schedule will finish at 5 this afternoon. Can we have dinner? At 6? Please~ *^-^*

It was unfair when he does aegyos. He knows very well that no one could ever refuse him when he does it. Not even me. I replied.

Heol. I told you never to use aegyos on me, Yang Yoseob. How could I say no? >_<

I chuckled as I sent reply. I was actually happy that he invited me to dinner. I just had enough stress for the day and I was sure he could cheer me up more than anything.

Yaaaaaay!~ Same restaurant! See ya! Can’t wait. Kekeke~

We always had this one restaurant we’d go to. It was small which means not a lot of people would be there even when it was full, and it was a little bit out of the way so it was never full. Just perfect for him when he’s hiding his identity.

The day passed by like it always did, only this time I had something to look forward to tonight. I waited until it was 4 in the afternoon and got off work excitedly. I went home first, changed my clothes and went to the restaurant. Maybe because I was too excited that I got there too early. But as I entered the restaurant, I saw a familiar face. Yoon Doojoon. But before I could my mood could light up with the thought of seeing him there, my heart fell as I saw him with a girl. The girl looked familiar, she looked like an idol but I wasn’t that updated much with the industry except BEAST’s activities so I didn’t recognize her fully. I saw him look at me but with no hint of recognition. And I had to admit, I was disappointed, if not a little bit hurt.

I walked towards Yoseob and I’s usual table and waited. I couldn’t help but send a glance every now and then at their table and I could see the girl outwardly flirt. I wanted to roll me eyes right then and there but I didn’t want to look rude, just in case he’d look at me again. But I doubt he would. The girl stood up, heading towards the ladies room. I looked at Doojoon whose eyes were following her. Before I could look away, I saw him put some money on the table and stood up, heading for the door. But before he fully exited the room, he turned back. I was surprised when he looked back right at me, walking towards me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me with him and we went out of the restaurant.

Oh my gosh. Does he think I’m following him? Or I’m a sasaeng? “I wasn’t following you! I really wasn’t!” I said defensively as I tried to break free from his grip.

We finally stopped walking and I was surprised to see him stifling his laugh. “I didn’t even think that you were. But now that you’ve mentioned it...”

“No! I’m really not! It just happened that I was waiting for someone in that restaurant!” I said, panicking.

This time, he let go and laughed. “I was just kidding. And you said you were waiting for someone?”

“Yes, yes. So I have to go back now,” I said. It was my chance to be with him but I just can’t ditch Yoseob like that.

“Can’t you just text that person that you can’t come? I could really use some company now,” he asked.

“But-” before I could finish, he grabbed my wrist again and started speed-walking. We only stopped when we turned around a corner. “Are you avoiding her?” I asked. “Weren’t you two on a date?”

“Yes to both.”

“I don’t understand. Why would you avoid her? If you didn’t like her, you should’ve told her, and not just ditch her like that,” I said, almost scolding. Was Yoon Doojoon being a douche?

“Believe me, I tried. I tried many times. But she just won’t listen to me. She still keeps on hitting on me and I’m tired of it. I know what I did was wrong but I couldn’t think of any other way to get away.”

“Why did you even agree to meet up with her?”

“She cleared my whole schedule just so I could meet her!” he said, frustrated.

Now this girl was really something. But before I could say anything more of the subject, I remembered Yoseob. “Well, now that you’ve gotten away from her, maybe I could go now? I really need to meet someone.”

“Can’t you stay with me? Please?” he asked, almost begging now.

“Why would you ask me to stay with you?” I asked, a little bit flattered but mostly puzzled.

“Well, my schedule is clear and it has been a while since I went out. I don’t want to go alone,” he answered softly.

And here’s another man who knows how to get what he wants. Does every member in BEAST do that? Oh, right. They’re actually groupmates. “Fine, fine. But in one condition.”

I saw his face lit up and I felt really flattered this time. “What is it?” he smiled childishly.

“He has to come with us. I’m sure you’ll have no problems if Yoseob comes with us, right?”

“Yoseob?” he asked, his eyebrows furrowing. “You’re meeting Yang Yoseob?”

 

_________________________________________________

[A/N] Short chapter. Sorry! >_< I hate it when I write short chapters. But I didn’t want to ruin the whole chapter by dragging it. Sorry again!