Chapter 3: Heater

Soulmates & Commitments

 

I couldn’t believe what was happening at this moment. The man I was dreaming of was standing near me, in the same room as me, in front of me. I thought watching Yoon Doojoon at BEAST’s concerts was the closest I could be to him, and yet here we are. Here he is. I could feel my heart beating rapidly like it never did before.

“Yoseob-ah, aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?” he said.

“Well, this Agassi isn’t exactly my friend...” Yoseob said so softly it was almost a mumble.

“Oh, really? Let me befriend you, then,” he smiled at me. “I’m Yoon Doojoon,” he said as he offered his hand for me to shake.

“I know,” I squeaked. What the hell was wrong with me. I wasn’t only being impolite, but I also squeaked. I freaking squeaked! Get a grip of yourself! I heard him chuckle before I finally got to give him a decent response. “I mean I’m ________,” I said as I carefully shook his hands.

“Nice to meet you, ________,” he said, still smiling. “As much as Yoseob and I want to chat with you for a while, we have a schedule to go to. Sorry,” he said. “Yoseobie, let’s go.”

I bowed to them and went back to my trance, unaware of the lingering look Yoseob was giving me.

 

 

 

Days already passed after that encounter yet I could still hear Doojoon’s voice very clearly, and I could still remember the feeling of your ultimate bias talking to you. I thought I was past my fangirl days but that day just rekindled everything. Coming to Korea was definitely one of the best decisions I’ve made my entire life.

I was about to ride the elevator when I received a text message:

I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to introduce myself properly the last time.

And it was Yang Yoseob. How big of a hero was I in my past life to deserve all of this luck? Yang Yoseob texted me. He freaking texted me.

It’s okay. You need not to introduce yourself anyway. I know you very much. I’m a fan. Ke~

I must’ve been too lost in my happy thoughts that I pressed the wrong button on the elevator and got off the wrong floor. I sent my reply first before turning back to ride the elevator. But I heard a phone notification and looked at where it was coming from. My eyes widened when I saw who it was. He was sitting outside a door of one unit. “Yoseob-ssi?” I managed to say.

He looked up at me and he was just as surprised as I was. “________? What are you doing here?” he asked as he stood up and walked towards me.

“I live in this building,” I answered. It was surprising how comfortable I felt talking to him. No panic attacks, not like when I talked to Doojoon. “How about you? What are you doing outside that unit?”

“Noona lives here. It seems like she changed her passcode and she still hasn’t replied to me,” he said as he glanced at his phone.

“Oh,” was the only thing I could say.

“I talk too much, don’t I?” he smiled.

“Oh, no, no,” I said, waving my hands to emphasize.

“Looks like I was given another chance to introduce myself. I’m Yang Yoseob,” he smiled playfully and reached his hand out.

I laughed and reached for his hand. “Oh my gosh, you’re freezing!” I exclaimed when I held his hand which was as cold as ice. “How long have you been waiting here?”

“About an hour, I think?” he said as he tucked his hands in his jacket’s pockets.

“And you don’t even have enough layers...” I said. “Well, if it’s not uncomfortable for you, you could come in to my apartment first until your sister arrives,” I offered.

“It’s not uncomfortable for me but is it okay?” he asked.

“Of course. I can’t let you freeze out here,” I said.

“Okay, then. Thank you,” he smiled.

“Let’s go.”

We walked back towards the elevator and went up until we reached my floor. It was only then that I realized that he was slightly shivering, his jaws clenched. We entered my apartment and I immediately turned the room heater on. “I’m sorry if my place looks empty and not home-like. I just transferred here.”

“No, it’s actually comfortable,” he smiled as he sat down on the couch, his shivering starting to lessen.

“Thank you,” I smiled as I took my coat off. “Would you want something? Coffee, maybe?”

“Water would be great,” he smiled.

I went to the kitchen and returned back to the living room as soon as I got his water. I placed the glass on the table and sat across him. “Now that I think of it, I have actually seen your sister already. I mean personally, not just on the Internet,” I laughed.

“Really? When?” he asked.

“We rode the elevator at the same time on my first day here. That must be why she looked so familiar,” I said, thinking back to that day.

“If I may ask, why did you come here to Korea?” he asked.

“Oh, my work is here. Our company back at my country has a Korean company partner and I was assigned to do some work at that company,” I explained and he just nodded, drinking his water.

We talked some more very comfortably which felt nice. Very nice, actually. With him around, Korea didn’t seem so foreign anymore.

We were talking about how rigid their schedules were these days when his phone rang. He excused himself and took the call. I didn’t want to eavesdrop so I did my best not to hear anything. Not long after, he took his jacket.

“My sister has already arrived. I think I should go now. Thank you, ________,” he smiled and bowed.

“No problem,” I smiled back and led him towards the door.

He opened the door but before he was fully outside, he turned back and looked at me. “It must be hard to be living alone in a foreign country so... if things get hard or if you need any sort of help, I’m just a call away,” he smiled as he waved his phone.

That was the warmest thing someone has ever said to me ever since I arrived here. Even my co-workers never said such a thing. Not that I’m holding that against them. I just felt really touched that he would even bother offering his help despite their tight schedule. “W-wow... Thank you very much.”

“I’ll go now. I hope this isn’t the last time we meet,” he smiled and walked away, while I just stared at his retreating back. He waved at me for the last time before the elevator doors closed.

Now, I felt extremely lucky. Not because I met and talked to BEAST’s Yang Yoseob like every other B2UTY dreamed of but because I found a friend in him. My first friend here. And it really meant a lot. My place’s heater warmed his shivering body but his presence warmed my heart.

 

________________________________________________________

[A/N] And I updated. I ACTUALLY UPDATED. Could you believe that?.. Hahaha! It’s mainly because I had 2 Yoseob dreams in one night and that suddenly made me want to update this. :3

And by the way, I need your help. Should I continue using ________, the insert your name type of you or should I come up with an OC’s name? Either would be fine for me but I don’t know which you prefer more. So suggestions, please? Responses would be much appreciated. Thank you! ^-^