Chapter 1: Yang Yoseob

Soulmates & Commitments

I was part of the long queue outside the concert place. Honestly, this was the disadvantage of being in a big fandom. There would be lots of fans to compete against for the place, not to mention the tickets upon its announcement of selling. Good thing Belle, one of my best friends, and I were lucky enough to avail of the standing area tickets. Or else I would’ve flipped our whole house down.

The venue has finally decided to open the gates and Belle and I ran for our lives and went to the place where we thought would be the best spot for the concert. It was exhilarating to be there. I was finally going to see BEAST for the first time with my own eyes and breathe the same air as them. And most especially, I was going to see Yoon Doojoon. The man of my dreams. And if heaven would allow, the man I’m going to marry and father my kids. My heart keeps pounding fast just by the thought of it.

“Belle, could you believe this? We’re already here!” I said, almost squealing.

But before she could respond, the lights went off. And as they did, the whole coliseum was shaking as the fans squealed with excitement. In a few minutes, the concert would start already…

The screen lighted up and the introductory video of each member flashed. I already watched it through fancams on Youtube but seeing it for myself was a whole lot different. The fans, including me, were still screaming their hearts out. But just when I thought our screams couldn’t get any louder, it went to a whole lot different level when we saw the boys’ heads slowly emerging from the platform.

“OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!!” I screamed on top of my lungs.

The squeals continued even when Special started to play. The boys started to go to their respective placements and started singing. And we squealed even louder.

 

 

 

Hyunseung and Gikwang’s Let It Snow performance was just starting when I felt my bladder was going to burst anytime. I have been wanting to pee before but I didn’t want to miss anything. But in my situation right now, if I didn’t release all of these, I was going to soil the floor which would be very disgusting.

“Can you come with me? I really need to pee,” I asked Belle.

“Are you crazy?” she responded.

And I realized I was indeed crazy to have asked a Hyunseung-biased to not watch the Let It Snow performance just to go with her best friend to the restroom.

I went to the nearest restroom but I found it closed. So I ran to the other restroom. But it was filled with people. “Why should our bladders feel the same way at the same time?” I mumbled under my breath as I pee-danced. If I was going to wait for the long line in front of me to finish, I would be missing two songs more. So I decided to look for another restroom.

I ran no matter how difficult it was in the situation my bladder was putting me in right now. I saw a restroom sign and followed it. It led me to a prohibited area instead, but I knew there was a restroom in there. Since there was no guard or anything, I sneaked in and sighed in relief as I saw the restroom. I hurriedly went in and did my work. I was going out as silently as I went in but I suddenly heard someone singing.

“Neoege kkok hago shippeun hanmadi. Eonjena we always singing just for you,” he stopped as he cleared his throat. “Ehem, ehem. Just for… Just for you… Nae moksoriga wae geurae?

*What’s wrong with my voice?

I slowly turned back to look at where that very familiar voice was coming from. And I couldn’t believe what I saw. It was Yang Yoseob. Yang freaking Yoseob. My heart was pounding very fast. I was just about 15 steps away from him.

“Yang Yoseob…” I muttered. I thought it was inaudible but he suddenly stopped singing and looked my way.

He was surprised to see me. He must have known I was a fan. But in a snap, the surprise was wiped off from his face and was replaced with his signature smile. And I swear my heart skipped a beat. No, not just one beat, but a lot that I was wondering why I was still alive.

I took a step closer but stopped on my tracks when I saw the staff went to him and fix his hair. I heard her say something to Yoseob but it was in Korean. I only understood ‘standby’ but it was enough to make me understand that Yoseob was now asked to go to the standby area. My heart deflated as I saw him walk away from me… but before he was completely out of my sight, I saw him look back to me and smiled once again.

I was in euphoria as I walked back. I must be the luckiest B2UTY in the world. Except for Byunghan, of course. But nevertheless, finally, someone in BEAST acknowledged my existence. I smiled widely as I squealed and jumped like it was the end of the world. I was on a high.

 

 

When I was back at the concert, it was still Junhyung and Yoseob’s performance. The both of them were off-stage, running around while singing. Just as I reached my place, Yoseob passed in front of me. He looked at me once again. I never expected him to remember me. Out of the thousands of fans he has met, I don’t think he’ll be able to remember all of us. But I was surprised to see him turn around and ran backwards… and waved at me. I was dumbstruck. What have I done in my past life to deserve this beautiful luck? I bet a lot of people would kill just to be in my place. He was deemed as the idol that gives out the best fanservice. He was indeed worthy of that title.

 

 

 

The concert has now ended. We were already outside waiting for a cab. I was tired but damn happy. This should be the best night of my entire existence. I was too excited to tell the whole world about my happiness and was about to take my handphone out of my purse to tweet but I realized I no longer had my purse with me.

“Oh my gosh! I think I left my purse inside!” I panicked.

“What? You dropped it unconsciously?” Belle asked.

“No… I must have left it in the restroom! Let’s get it,” I said.

I could hear her complain but I was used to it so I just ran.

“Where are you going? Isn’t the restroom this way?” she asked.

“But I used a different restroom,” I responded without looking back.

“But it’s a prohibited area there,” she said.

“I know!” I answered.

I suddenly stopped when I reached the entrance towards the area that was now guarded. Now this is going to be a problem.

“Excuse me,” I called. “Can you let me in? I left something inside.”

“Ma’am, I’m sorry but you know this is a restricted area. You can’t go inside,” the guard said.

“But I left my purse. I’ll leave immediately once I find it,” I pleaded.

“I’m sorry but I can’t let you in,” he said.

“But I really left my purse and everything is there! My money, my handphone!” I complained.

He no longer answered and just ignored me. I was starting to get annoyed.

“Do I look like I’m lying?!” I almost yelled.

He just shrugged.

I decided to turn around and walk slowly… and turn around again and ran inside. I thought I would never make it but I laughed proudly when I was able to get past the guard. I ran as fast as I could towards the restroom. I was expecting the guard to just barge in anytime but he didn’t.

I looked for my purse everywhere but I didn’t find it. I was starting to panic. I couldn’t lose it. My parents would kill me once I tell them I lost my handphone. And the guard would definitely think I’m lying if I go out without a purse in hand. Did someone get it? Should I tell the lost and found section instead? I sighed as I went out of the room.

As I was slowly walking back towards the exit, I was expecting the guard to kind of arrest me any second now. But I jumped in surprise when I heard someone clear his throat behind me.

“Are you looking for this?” that someone asked, in a Korean accent.

I sighed in relief as I realized a staff has found it. I turned around. And froze. OH. MY. FREAKING. GOSH. It was him again. It was Yang Yoseob again.

He chuckled as he reached my purse to me.

“Th-thank… you….” I stuttered.

He slightly laughed. “You’re welcome,” he said.

OH MY GOD. That accent is freaking cute.

“Handshake please,” I managed to say.

He laughed heartily this time and reached out his hand. I immediately took it and started squealing.

“Sssshhhh,” he said still smiling as he put his finger on his lips, making the hush gesture.

I nodded but I was still giddy. I realized I was still holding his hand. I didn’t want to let go. I never want to let go, if only I had the choice. But I don’t want to be burdensome to him. So I let it go.

“I need to go,” he finally said.

“Oh… Annyeong Yoseob oppa,” I said.

He laughed. It must be because of the way I said his name. As much as his English accent sounded funny to me, my Korean accent must be just as funny.

I didn’t leave my place before he was completely out of sight. When he was, I now walked out feeling much happier than I was the first time I saw him. I was now outside the area and I could feel the guard’s gaze one me. Without turning back, I waved my purse over my head for him to see. “I told you I wasn’t lying!” I said.

I ran outside and found Belle there.

“What took you so long?” she asked.

“You can’t believe what just happened! Ask me! Ask me!” I said excitedly.

“What happened?” she complied.

“I talked to Yang Yoseob!” I squealed and jumped.

“No way!” she said in disbelief. “Was Hyunseung there?” she asked.

“No. Only him but-”

I got cut off when we saw a cab. I told her the 2 instances I saw Yoseob up close and we were fangirling like crazy inside the cab that we could feel the driver giving us weird looks. But we didn’t care. He can’t ruin our happiness just like that.

We arrived at her place where we were going to stay for the night. We talked about the concert and every topic relevant until we fell asleep which was almost 3am already.

I was in deep sleep that I didn’t hear my phone ring. Belle who was annoyed shook me to wake me up and answer my ringing phone. Who the hell in his or her right mind would call me or anyone at this hour?

I reached for my phone and answered the call. “Hello?” I answered sleepily.

“Hello,” the voice on the other line said.

“Who the hell is this?” I asked. It was supposed to sound rude but my weak, sleepy voice neutralized it that it sounded weird.

I heard the other person on the other line chuckle before answering. “BEAST-ui Yang Yoseob-imnida.”

Prank call. “What the hell. Whoever you are, you’ll pay tomorrow for pranking me at this hour. Hope you have a nightmare. Bye,” I said, annoyed, and hung up.

 

 

I woke up and reached for my phone to check messages. I was reading them when Belle sat beside me and asked, “So who called yesterday?”

“What? What call?... Oh. So it was real? I thought I was dreaming,” I said. “It was a prank call. He said he was Yoseob,” I scoffed.

She laughed. “What if it really was Yoseob? What would you do?” she asked.

It hit me. I checked the call log. OH. DEAR. GOD.