Chapter 3

Pulling The Plug

It has been exactly 34 days.

*beep* *beep* *beep* That stupid machine is still working.

Every pain filled day Mirue comes to visit me. It seems like he is losing a little bit of hope each day, but he is still not giving up on me.

"No matter how long it takes I'll wait for you." He sobs while holding my hand. Recently i can barely feel anything, I pray that this is a temporary side effect. I don't want to lose my last point of contact with Mirue. "Life has been hard recently but I know that once you come back everything will be okay." 

Sometimes I do not wish to listen to him anymore. Each word he says is filled with sadness...its killing me inside. 

 Mirue, I don't think I'll come back to you. 

"I can't wait to hear your voice again Joonie." I could feel a fake smile forming on his lips. "I really can't wait." A small, barely audible, laugh escapes his lips as he realizes that talking is useless. "You know I come here every single day and talk to you... and I get no reply back. Nothing." He lets go of my hand and stands up, rage filling him up; replacing the sadness, "HOW CAN I KEEP LIVING LIKE THIS?!" He shouts and I hear a crash as something falls and breaks. Just as fast as his rage built up, it disappeared. "I'm sorry." I hear him fall to the floor. He was crying again. "I need you Joonie." He whispers before a nurse comes rushing in.

"What the hell is going on here?!" She scolds Mir, "Get out now, I think you've had enough today." 

"Sorry." Mir mumbles as he leaves, "I'll be back tomorrow Joonie, I'll bring you some new flowers." He laughs as he steps out.

Someone was cleaning the floor. The nurse probably.

"That poor kid. "She sighs, "He is going crazy."

She closes the door behind her.

Was she talking about Mir? He did seem like not himself but its nothing strange.... I'd do the same if not worse if he was here laying motionless , instead of me. I wanted to wake up and hug him tightly. I wanted to tell him that it's okay and that he should move on and live his life. 

It's wrong for me to want him to stay by my side forever, especially if I don't plan on coming back. There is no way I could.

I knew I was going to fade away soon. Not literally of course. But I could feel my brain deteriorating. My thoughts and feelings were jumbled up. The only sure thing about my life that I can remember is Mir. My angel Mirue.