The Wedding: Morning Of

Pauses in Paradise

[A/N]: this is one of my favorite chapters I have written so far. I hope you enjoy it too. By the way, if you have been reading on Karaholic, you should know that when I update here, that means I also updated on Karaholic as well =] 

Seung Hun had his face nuzzled in the nape of Gyuri’s neck as he held her close to his body. Her perfume had some darker, ier notes that left him completely intoxicated. Gyuri basked in Seung Hun’s warmth because these revealing clothes of hers did not provide enough warmth for the night temperature. She clasped tightly on the cloth of Seung Hun’s shirt. 

They had been like that for ten minutes. Seung Hun drove Gyuri home after he found her at the bar having a little to drink. Gyuri was planning on taking a taxi home since she took a taxi there, but Seung Hun insisted. Gyuri was afraid this was going to happen. She wanted to distance herself from him a little before the wedding to make it that more special. But she couldn’t completely. The thought of his absence made Gyuri miss him already. 

If she did not push him to leave soon, they might have stayed like that for the whole night. Gyuri unraveled her arms from Seung Hun’s neck. “You have to go now,” she whispered in his ear. It pained her to say it. 

Seung Hun loosened his hold on Gyuri but still held her at the lower waist. “Why?” He moved one of his hands to caress the side of her face. He was making this so hard for her. 

Gyuri thought of an excuse that she herself would need to believe. “I need my beauty sleep.” It was true. In order to look her best for tomorrow, she would need a good nights rest. 

Seung Hun let out a sigh of defeat. “Okay, then.” He gave her a soft smile. She gave one back. He slowly traced the outline of her jaw and tilted her chin up. Gyuri subconsciously closed her eyes at his gentle touch. Seung Hun leaned in for a kiss goodnight and Gyuri could feel it coming. Even though she wanted to kiss him back, she placed her palms on his chest from coming any closer. Seung Hun let out a groan of dissatisfaction. “I can’t even kiss you goodnight?” 

Gyuri heard the complete disappointment in his voice. She could not bring herself to say no to his face, only shaking her head for him to see. “I’m sorry.” She ran her fingers across his chest hoping to appease his frustration with her. 

But that only made him more frustrated. Seung Hun grabbed her wrist forcefully. “Stop that. You are making me crazy,” he said huskily. Gyuri was about to pull her hand back, but Seung Hun didn’t let go of her arm. He turned her hand so he could observe her ring. The diamond glistened in the moonlight.

“I am just trying to make tomorrow as special as possible. I only plan on getting married once, you know,” Gyuri said with a soft smile. It was her own little way of hinting that he was her soul mate. 

Every time Gyuri gazed at him with those beautiful eyes and that breathtaking smile of hers, Seung Hun fell weak. “I know.” He intertwined their fingers together and kissed the back of her hand longingly. “I love you.” 

“I love you, too.” Seung Hun knew he had to let her go for now. After tomorrow, he would get what he wanted and everything would be worth it. He let go of her hand and waited for her to go inside safely. They stole a few more moments just to stop and stare at each other, wondering how much their lives were going to change in the next few hours. 

Gyuri could not help herself any more. She grabbed Seung Hun by the collar and placed a kiss on the cheek. “Night, Seung Hun.” She allowed herself one more look at her handsome soon-to-be husband before turning her back and walking inside. 

Seung Hun could not contain his smile. He just stood there taken aback by Gyuri until his thoughts became coherent. She was the only girl that could make him feel like this, she was his biggest weakness and his soul mate. Seung Hun loved her, more than being merely infatuated by her beauty, but the type of love where they could grow old to watch the sun set and rise another day together. 

Sleep well, Goddess. 

 


*****


It was the day every little girl dreamed of ever since they watched their first princess fairytale. The only thing that made Gyuri go to sleep last night was the fact that she had to look her best the next day or otherwise suffer from dark circles. As she laid in bed, she ran through the agenda of her day one more time. First, Gyuri planned on having brunch with her parents. Then she would arrive back home and wait for Nicole to pick her up and head towards the reception hall to do her hair and makeup. Time was of the essence today. 

After finishing her morning routine, Gyuri headed out the house and towards The Petite Cafe. She already saw both her mom and dad through the glass window of the quaint café. There was so much anxiety running through her veins that seeing her parents first thing today would help soothe her. 

“Mom! Dad!” Gyuri ran towards her parents and embraced them barely after they got up from their seats. She missed both of them so much.

“Oh Gyuri, it’s so good to see you.” Her mother and father held on to her like it was the last time they could. After today, she was going to start a new life without them by her side. Gyuri was a woman now, strong and independent. And for those low points in her life where she needed someone, Gyuri had someone else to fall back on. 

Gyuri stood back and observed both her mother’s and her father’s faces. They had aged well with a few wrinkles here and there but they were both so happy. She wondered if her marriage would reflect the marriage of her parents. “Thank you both for coming. It means a lot to me.” 

“Of course we would come. You know you can always come back to us when you need to. We are only a drive away,” her father offered. 

Gyuri gave her parents a soft smile. They would be her parents no matter what happened. 

The three of them sat down at the table, Gyuri sitting across from her parents. Gyuri scanned the menu. She had to choose carefully what to eat; she didn’t want to feel bloated on the day of her wedding. After all those months of working out with Seung Hun, Gyuri did not want to ruin her perfectly toned body just because of a heavy breakfast. She decided to have some toast and eggs with a side of fruit salad. 

“So, how are you feeling?” 

“Nervous,” Gyuri admitted. She usually could oppress her nerves well but considering this was arguably the biggest day of her life, she allowed herself to be nervous. “I feel like I could have planned more or, I don’t know. . . I just want everything to go perfectly.” 

“Are you nervous about getting married?” her mother asked cautiously. 

“A little. I am just afraid how much our lives are going to change after this. But it’s an exciting change that I am looking forward to.” 

Her dad wanted to tell her something that he knew would help calm her nerves. He had waited until this moment to share his thoughts. “Do you know why I agreed so easily to Seung Hun when he asked me to marry you?” 

“Because he bought you nice things?” Gyuri said sarcastically. Mr. and Mrs. Park looked at each other wondering which one of them their daughter got her humor from. 
“Haha, well besides that. You know I’m not very good at observing things. . .” 
“That’s true,” her mother interrupted and shared a knowing looking with Gyuri. 
“… but I could tell how genuinely Seung Hun cared for you. He’s a good man Gyuri and if you don’t marry him, your mom probably will.” 

Gyuri laughed at her father’s remark. The biggest supporter of their marriage was her mother. One look at Seung Hun and Mrs. Park already fell in love with him. He was just so handsome and gentlemanly. Her father was a bit apprehensive but soon warmed up to Seung Hun as well. 

Gyuri felt an emotion she couldn’t explain, a mix of anxiety as well as comfort knowing that her parents gave her their blessings. Gyuri checked the time and saw that it was almost time for her next schedule. “Thanks again for coming.” Gyuri took out some bills from her wallet before her parents stopped her. 

“What are you doing? Put that money back in your purse. You can take care of the bill when we go out to eat with you and Seung Hun.” 

Gyuri obliged to her father’s orders and went over to give them a hug goodbye. They felt a wave of depression hit them when they realized Gyuri was all grown up. Gyuri tried hard to hold back her tears when she saw her mother crying. “Be at the reception hall at 1 so you can help me get ready, okay Mom?” Her mother’s words were caught in so she just nodded in reply. Gyuri turned to her father next. “Try to look your best, okay? You only have a few hours to get ready and you have to walk me down the aisle.” 

“Of course.” 

Gyuri gave them a wave goodbye and left the café. She was so thankful to both of her parents and wish she could spend more time with them but today, time was of the essence. She didn’t know time would go by so fast. If she could, she would go back to her childhood and choose a few moments to pause and repeat at her will to have those precious moments with her parents again. Gyuri wiped away the tears she had let slip from her grasp and drove away. 

Five minutes later, Seung Hun showed up at the Café to give his offerings to Gyuri’s parents. He wanted to show up a little earlier to catch a glimpse of his soon-to-be wife but he knew that she would never forgive him if he did; therefore, he arrived precisely on time. 

“Ah Seung Hun, you are here,” Mrs. Park said. Although she had her emotions under control now, Seung Hun could still see the redness in her eyes from the tears. Gyuri was exactly the same. 

“Are you two alright?” 

“Oh ignore my tears, Seung Hun. I’m perfectly fine. I am so happy that after today you will be my son in law!” 

Seung Hun gave her a smile in agreement. “How was Gyuri doing? She’s nervous, isn’t she?” 

“You worry about my daughter too much.” Mrs. Park took a moment to read Seung Hun’s face. “You love her that much, don’t you?”