Teaser

Pauses in Paradise

 

Gyuri went all out tonight with her heavy makeup put on purposely messy to give her eyes that y, sultry look that men fell infatuated with too quickly, and a corset top, revealing a little more skin than usual, paired with of striped mini shorts to give off the illusion of longer legs. Needless to say, her outfit did its intended purpose, to make boys want her and to make girls jealous of her. However, being Park Gyuri, she still managed to exude class and elegance despite her revealing attire. 
 
Gyuri wanted to use her last chance of freedom to the fullest. She hasn’t been frequenting the club scene for the past two years but she figured she should revisit a place that gave her a sense of the single life.  
 
As she inspected her fingers, Gyuri wondered why she was here in the first place. This was the last night. She contemplated whether she would miss this scene, the adrenaline pumping music, the mindless dancing, or meeting random people. She turned to her friend for advice, her beloved martini glass, and drank all the advice she could get. Tomorrow, she would change, even if nothing around her did. 
 
After all, she is getting married tomorrow. She touched her engagement ring to give herself a sense of reality. Getting married already at the age of 25, but not married yet. 
 
At the moment he saw her standing there in her y outfit, he knew he had to have her. He weaved through the crowd heading towards her. He didn’t care about the other choices he had with the women stealing glances at his handsome face, he wanted her and only her. When the girls saw who he was heading towards, they gave up not wanting to waste energy competing with the likes of her. 
 
“Hello Goddess,” he complimented to get her attention. 
 
Goddess? She liked the sound of that. 
 
Gyuri tilted her head to steal a glance at the man. She usually saw through the transparent charms of a dangerous man and knew better than to fall for them, but she gave this one an exception. It is not everyday a man recognizes her as a goddess. Instead she played along with his game and gave him something to chase after.  It was her last night of being unmarried anyways so she decided to have her fun. So rather than acknowledging his presence, she turned her gaze elsewhere and feigned indifference. He liked the challenge she was giving him which would only make the win more worthwhile. 
 
From the side, he wrapped his strong arms around her waist so she could feel his strong muscles through his navy blue dress shirt. “Are you playing hard to get, Goddess?” he whispered into her ear with a y huskiness to his voice. She hated to admit it, but she loved how his breath felt against her skin. She had to remind herself that she was getting married tomorrow to refrain herself. Never before did she want to break her morals this much. Why was he so y? 
 
However, Gyuri loved the feeling of toying with men even more than indulging into ual temptations. She turned her head over her shoulder so their faces were barely a centimeter apart. Now that she turned to him face to face, he really was dropping y. No matter how hard she looked, she could not find a flaw on his face. And if there was a flaw, he made it look damn good. 
 
But then Gyuri remembered that she was beautiful as well. And she was going to use that to her full advantage. 
 
She fluttered open her eyes, completely mesmerizing the man who held her in his arms so possessively. “How can I not play hard to get when I am getting married tomorrow?” She smiled, knowing she had the upper hand.  
 
He gave her a quizzical brow. “Married?”
“After tomorrow, I’ll be off limits,” she said breathlessly, knowing he would want what he couldn’t have and using that to her advantage. “No other man can have me.” 
 
He gave her a dangerous smirk. “That means I have one last night to convince you then.” He promised himself that he would win her over and only her. He turned her body so now their bodies were facing each others. He leaned her against the bar counter so that her body melded perfectly into his. “Let me take you home tonight,” he voiced huskily. He wanted her so much, he hated the idea of letting another man take her.
 
She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling his lips closer to hers. She loved pushing men to their limits but for some reason, when she pushed this man to his limits, she felt as if she was pushing herself to her limits as well. One mistake and she might give in to him. “Why would I want to do that?” After seeing the glint in her eyes, he knew she was only pushing his limits. He hated to admit it, but she did a good job at making him lose control. 
 
He saw the empty martini glass on the bar counter. “You’ve been drinking, haven’t you? You can’t drive home tonight then.” Gyuri looked into his eyes; his words might seem safe but one look and she saw danger in those eyes of his. 
 
“Who should drive me home then?” She continued to play along with his game. 
His lips hovered only a whisper away from hers. “Me,” he said confidently. For a moment, she really contemplated the idea of going home with this dangerous man. 
 
She laughed at his charming persona. She was completely falling for him. “To be completely honest, you seem more dangerous than my martini.” 
 
“Is it because you are afraid you might fall in love with me?”  
 
“Yes,” she said as she ran her hands over his sculpted chest unashamedly. He chucked at her sarcastic honesty. This woman was definitely something else.  
 
“That’s perfectly fine because I have fallen completely in love with you. I’ve lost tonight but you better be ready for tomorrow because after we get married, you’ll be mine, Goddess.”