Introduction

Pauses in Paradise

Everyone thought that their marriage was taboo. He was thirty six and she was only twenty five. An eleven year difference between the couple was a fact that people could not ignore. Even they themselves thought that they could never fall in love with one another when first meeting each other. However, there are always exceptions when it comes to love. 

Eventually feelings started to develop and age merely became a number. 

When she told her friends that she was dating a man eleven years older than her, they all believed that the relationship would never last and that she could do better than some old man. What they didn’t know was that she was dating a man, the very embodiment of what iness should be. When her friends figured out who the man was and saw him in his masculine glory, their mocking laughter quickly turned to jealousy.

And when he told his drinking mates of his new interest, they all applauded him for getting such a young beauty. But they also saw his genuine love and respect for her with his brighter smile and warm eyes in her presence. They could see why he fell in love so easily with her. His friends thought of their wives and then looked at her and could only think that their friend was beyond lucky. His mother, on the other hand, was ashamed at first thinking that a girl that young would only be marrying her lovely son only for money. And his mother also did not like the fact that he was only marrying her because she was pretty. Oh how she was wrong. She was simply beautiful in every aspect, mannerisms and everything. She made her son happy, happier than he has ever been. And his mother fell in love with her as well.

He knew she was the one, from the way her smile radiated beauty, the way her laughter brightened his day, the way she perfectly felt wrapped in his arms, and her kisses, oh my goodness, what he would do for just one kiss. But what claimed his soul was her personality. Before he realized it, he slowly started falling for her charms. She was the love of his life, and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her by his side. 

So, he proposed. And then, she said yes.