Chapter 02

05.07.12

You opened your eyes immediately and shot up awkwardly.

“You know, you shouldn’t always sleep in the bus all the time. Seeing your head bobbing up and down like that left me with no other choice but to keep it in place like this.” He explained lamely.

“Nice, Baro. Talking rubbish and embarrassing yourself like this. Baro, you are seriously a pabo.” He scolded himself mentally.

“So-Sorry.” You apologized and wondered why you did.

Maybe it was just that you didn’t know what else you should say or how you should react anymore. He coughed awkwardly while you looked out of the window.

“It is getting awkward with Baro. And why do I have that weird feeling?” You thought to yourself.

 

“Haiz. School trip to a museum.” Jihye whined.

“One word: Boring.” Sanghee remarked, shaking her head.

“Kim Jiyeon, come back to Earth please.” Jihye called out when you were in a daze.

“Huh?” you asked.

“Why are you acting so funnily?” Jihye interrogated.

“No-Nothing.” You said shaking your hands about.

The two exchanged suspicious glances with one another and smiled at you.

 “Best friends shouldn’t keep secrets from one another, right?” Jihye said purposefully.

“We should share our worries with one another…” Sanghee added.

 “So tell us what you were thinking about just now…” The two said together as they sat beside you.

“I-” Before you could say anything, someone walked over.

“I have an extra tuna sandwich.” He said and passed it to you.

You stood up and followed behind him.

“Baro.” You called out and he stopped walking.

“I am not hungry. You can have it back or give someone else? Thank you!” You said with a smile.

“It’s okay. You can hav-” Baro was about to decline your rejection when someone came along.

“Oh. Food!” Sandeul said and took it.

“Thanks, Baro. I love you.” He did a heart before leaving.

“I will make a move first then.” You said before walking back to the girls quickly.

“Aish. This guy.” He cursed under his breath as you left and Sanduel took the sandwich along with him.

“The bus is here!” The homeroom teacher announced and you were secretly glad it saved you from further interrogation.

Some of the students groaned while others cheered at the arrival. In a single file, the students were ready to get on the bus. Then you felt someone walked up to you.

“The boys are in odd numbers so let’s sit together.” He said.

“Sorry but I am sitting with Jihye and Sanghee. I promised them. Sorry.” You said without looking at him and quickly boarded the bus.

Getting on the bus, Sanghee, Jihye and you settled at the last few seats of the bus. You took your phone out and started reading, trying to clear your mind a little. You were still confused by the little incident between you and him on the bus the other time. Most importantly, you were confused as to your reaction towards him at that point of time.

Unknown to many, sorting out of thoughts tend to hide what one truly feels.

You felt your phone vibrate in your hands and you wondered who would text you during school time. Looking at the notification, you knew it was from Baro so you opened the text.

To: Jiyeon

Are you by any chance, avoiding me?

To: Baro

No. (: What makes you think that way? Haha…

“I just need time.”  You sighed inwardly.

 

The museum trip was over with not much happenings. It was just the usual- look at the artifacts, listen to some of its history, fool around and do post-trip assignments. The teacher entered the class with his geography textbooks by his side.

“Okay. Let’s get class started!” He said and clasped his hands together.

“So one oceanic plate collides with the continental plate, the denser oceanic plate would subduct under it. After which the part that is dipped into the hot mantle would melt and for basaltic magma. Then, it would rise…” The boring teacher was practically reading off the prepared slides.

You had fallen asleep fifteen minutes into lessons although you had been trying hard to stay awake. What the teacher was saying just sounded like random noises. You picked up the pen and tried to jot down what he told the class to but it turned out to be funny scribbles. Seconds after, you dozed off again. You felt some movement but you chose to ignore it.

“RINGGGG~!” the bell rang which caused you to be startled awake.

“Oh my gosh. Class ended? I was sleeping the whole time.” You mumbled to yourself.

Baro chuckled and handed your papers back to you.

“Yea, I can tell.” He said with a mocking smile.

You took the papers from him and realized he had helped you jotted down the answers to the empty blanks.

“Thank you.” You said gratefully.

“No problem. Remember to read them when you get home. Oh. And the model answer to the question in the slides is attached at the back. ” He said with another smile.

“Thanks.” You said again and stood up to join the other girls.

When you returned home, you took out your bag and removed your homework file. Taking out the geography notes, you looked at everything Baro had done for you. Unknowingly, a slight smile played on your lips and you found his gesture sweet. Flipping through the pages, you stopped when you reached the ‘model answers’.

Dear Jiyeon

New lithospheric material is neither created nor destroyed at the transform boundaries where plates slide past one another. Just like them, we are passing by each other in opposite directions these days because I know you are ignoring me. Although no volcanoes are formed at these transform boundaries, you caused earthquakes in my hearts with your sudden change in attitude even though you say you aren’t avoiding me. Writing this to you, I just want to tell you something which I couldn’t muster up the courage to tell you face to face.

I like you.

Now, I wonder how your response in school tomorrow will be. Will you avoid me further? I don’t know. I hope not.

Yours sincerely

Baro


“Is this a … confession?!” You exclaimed in shock as you threw the papers on the table.

The next day…

You saw Baro from afar and you felt the blood in your veins rushing as if it was peak hour for them. You immediately turned around, praying he did not spot you and walked off hurriedly. However, he had seen you a long time ago and your reaction made his heart fell. Jihye smiled when he saw the two of you from another side.

“Let’s go, Sanghee.” She said.

 

“Why are you acting so strangely around Baro these days?” Sanghee asked while sipping on her bubble tea.

“I…I wasn’t.” You lied.

“Yah. Jiyeon. Look at my face.” Jihye said.

You looked up at your best friend.

“Do I look like I believe you?” she continued.

“So faster tell me what happened…” Jihye demanded.

“I am so curious, yeah~” Sanghee sang and looked at you too.   

“That day, he suddenly appeared at the bus stop at which I always board my bus. Then, on the bus, when I fell asleep, he… he laid my head on his shoulder.” You confessed and looked down.

“What happened next?” Jihye asked.

“And I woke up because I couldn’t take it anymore. So I started avoiding him. Then, that day in geography lessons, he had helped me jot down notes because I was sleeping. When I returned home and took a look at the model answers, I realized it is a confession from him. It made me… confused. ” She continued.  

“How did you feel?” Jihye asked in an intriguing manner.

“Weird.” You said.

“Awkward.” You thought harder.

“Funny.” You added.

“Heart beating faster, cannot look at him straight in the eyes, afraid to owe him any favour and don’t know how to treat him anymore…?” Jihye said with a smile as she looked at you.

“Wow.” You thought as she predicted spot-on.

“Am I right?” she asked.

You nodded your head shyly.

“Seems like our dear girl has grown up and is finally in love~” Sanghee concluded as your eyes widened in shock.

 “Now that we have helped you clarify your feelings, it’s time for the main lead to reappear.” Jihye said with a smirk.

“Huh?” You looked at them in confusion.

The two stepped aside and revealed Baro who was in hiding all this while. He smiled at you. You swore you wanted to faint on the spot, knowing he heard every single word you said just now. Turning around, you wanted to leave out of embarrassment.

“Jiyeon.” He called out and gripped your wrist.

“Oh my gosh. Kill me now.” You thought as you tried to walk another step.

“I like you.” He confessed with your back facing him.

“And I know you like me too, now.” He continued.

“This is crazy.” You thought as you felt heat spreading within your body.

The two girls were like spectators watching in envy and amusement at your reaction. They had been in cahoots with Baro who confessed his feelings towards you  moments ago to them. With that, they had readily agreed to help him out.

“Will you be my girl?” he asked sincerely.

You turned around in shock and stared at him.

“Joke?” you blurted out randomly.

“Sincerely.” He confirmed.

You felt your heart beat fast once again and your cheeks turned a light shade of red as blood gushed to your cheeks.

“Say yes. Say yes. Say yes. Say yes. Say yes.” The two girls started cheering and clapping away excitedly.

You nodded your head slightly at his confession with a small smile as you finally understood your feelings. Everything seemed to be so clear and accepting him seemed like the only thing you should do at the moment.

“Thank you.” He hugged you tightly which silenced the two girls who were trying hard not to squeal and scream.

Your mouth was left agape at his sudden gesture and you could feel your heart beating and also his.


“You know, this is like a drama. Falling in love with a transfer student.” You joked which made him chuckle, again.

Life has always been a drama but it is just that some minor and ordinary characters may somehow or rather become the main one day.

 

Author's Note:
Hey noob, sorry for completing your super duber belated present only now because of all the projects and exams!
You know, I really can't write fluff so I am sorry if I failed too badly at it. *hides*
Hope I did not rust too much in writing >.<"
Anyway, I hope you had fun with this interactive two-shot (: !
Happy belated birthday, darling! :D
Tell me which option you chose when I see you on Monday!
To all the other subscribers, thank you for subscribing ^^ !
Hope you would leave me a comment! :D

A big thank you hug for noob and my subscribers for waiting patiently... <3